I wish I had brought.....

Over the counter meds, I always seem to pick up respiratory infections on ships and it's much easier already having some cold and flu and lemsip then having to be charged $300 at the ship dr :/

Oh and if you like plying bingo or trivia I find it easier to have my own pens and highlighters.

A small shoulder bag just big enough for your camera, book/kindle, hat, sunscreen and daily 'what's on'...to take to the pool or around the ship. I leave my cabin towel behind and sign one out from the towel hut (depends on the ship) so you don't have to carry it around, particularly if it's wet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh yes! Definitely the small shoulder bag! It's great to have something to pop stuff into to leave your hands free.

I also got a lanyard for the kids to hold their sign & sail card. I tended to keep mine in the same pocket as my phone - which kept wiping it - so next time it's getting a pocket in the shoulder bag.

Don't forget phone contact numbers for emergencies, email/ snail mail addresses of friends/family for postcards, the combination codes for your suitcases if applicable.

Pop a full itinerary inside your luggage (on top) in case it's separated from you.

It's not a good idea to leave too much personal detail on your luggage tag.

A business card or surname + email is all I use, along with a colorful tie on the handle (helps locate yours bag among all the other black ones).

As a first time cruiser, friends have told me to bring large beach towel pegs which attach to deck chair to stop towels from blowing off balcony; a hanging shoe bag with lots of pockets, to hang on bathroom door; a hanging ring with pegs attached to hang up swimmers to dry; laundry bag to carry clothes to laundry and a couple of laundry tablets; highlighter pens to highlight activities in the cruise paper, post it notes, & small first aid kit. So, as first time cruisers, would love to hear if these things would be a good idea, from people who would know.

If luggage isn't an issue sure take them but personally I would leave home the shoe hanging bag thingy and peg ring and laundry bag.

There's heaps of drawers shelf space in all ships I've been on and a strong garbage bag does the job for laundry weighs nothing and takes no space in suitcase. I do however always take a small roll of duct tape only ever used I once when RCI porters smashed my suitcase in Venice and we still had another month or more travel. Hubby takes a tube of super glue for same emergency repairs. Not crucial if cruise only travel but we usually do independent land travelling in conjunction with cruising.

One thing we have found very useful is a ultra lightweight popup mesh laundry basket which I bought at Ikea. So much easier to use than laundry bags. It weighs next to nothing and, when not in use, lives permanently in the front pocket of my suitcase.

I always take first aid box stocked with Imodium Panadol ginger tablet, ginger tea and anti bacterial wipes and go over every door handle, handle, remotes, taps in the cabin, just don't want to get that dreaded noro, so paranoid about washing hands before eating, yep sounding a bit OCD but that's what I do every cruise!!! enjoy your cruise, I know you will:)

I always take first aid box stocked with Imodium Panadol ginger tablet, ginger tea and anti bacterial wipes and go over every door handle, handle, remotes, taps in the cabin, just don't want to get that dreaded noro, so paranoid about washing hands before eating, yep sounding a bit OCD but that's what I do every cruise!!! enjoy your cruise, I know you will:)

I read noro can spread when people rest the neck of their drink bottles against the taps when refilling. Don't quote me though, I'm no expert!