What to do in FLL?

havaml

Wife and I are are sailing IOS on 11/30.. We're arriving on the 28th, going to see Hall & Oates at the Hard Rock 11/28, but wanted to get your views on must things to do while in Ft Lauderdale especially Sunday the 29th. Any suggestions would be great from the locals. TripAdvisor tends to suggest "touristy" stuff..

Thanks!

Mike

Wife and I are are sailing IOS on 11/30.. We're arriving on the 28th, going to see Hall & Oates at the Hard Rock 11/28, but wanted to get your views on must things to do while in Ft Lauderdale especially Sunday the 29th. Any suggestions would be great from the locals. TripAdvisor tends to suggest "touristy" stuff..

Thanks!

Mike

Try this forum also:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We spent a little over half a day enjoying the Water Taxis. They go in several different directions - around the Intercoastal Waterway, up the River, etc. and have guides that tell you all about the history and $$Million$$ Mansions.

It was a lot of fun, and we got off at the Mall, went shopping, had lunch, and got back on for more.

Hope This Helps.

Thanks!

Mike

For cruise junkies, standing on the beach watching Allure and several other ships leave was a lot of free fun! I guess that is touristy!

Go have lunch at Rocco's Tacos on Las Olas Blvd and browse the shops. Take an uber down the street to Fort Lauderdale beach and walk around there. If you are into seeing the largest shopping mall/outlet mall you can imagine, go to Sawgrass Mills. It's the #2 tourist attraction in Florida behind Disney World believe it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Mike

Little Havana Restaurant. :p:p

Go to ecosafari dot com, and take a day trip to see the Alligators and various birds as well as dragonflies. I did this tour 2 years ago in September.

However, if you want a river boat type of cruise, go on the River Queen Riverboat trip. However, their stop at the Alligator park isn't that great, but at least you will get to see something. If you want to do some snorkelling, if you go to the end of the pier where the River Queen Riverboat departs from and turn left, there is a couple of shops there that sells tours.

I know I am not local, but I hope this helps.

Go have lunch at Rocco's Tacos on Las Olas Blvd and browse the shops. Take an uber down the street to Fort Lauderdale beach and walk around there. If you are into seeing the largest shopping mall/outlet mall you can imagine, go to Sawgrass Mills. It's the #2 tourist attraction in Florida behind Disney World believe it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in and out of FLL all times during the year and that place is the best if you like Mexician food. YUM. It does get really crowded around dinner time though.

Just going to the beach anywhere on A1A is nice.

Near where the Bahia Cabana is there are a bunch of the bigger boat tour type rides. You can pick up the water taxi in a lot of various places along the intercoastal.

We are sports fans so when I go someplace new I try to arrange some sort of sports related venture.

In a short drive from FLL, there are the Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes (College), Florida Panthers and Miami Heat. One of them might have a game during the time you are there.

We have also done a tour of the Miami Marlins ball park which was fun. We went to a horse racing track and a dog racing track the two times we were in the area, not sure if that is your thing or not but it is a cheap but fun alternative for you to consider.

There is also plenty of golf to be played in the general area and most places have loaner or rental clubs you can use.

Just my two cents on a few things that I have experienced while in the area.

We spent a little over half a day enjoying the Water Taxis. They go in several different directions - around the Intercoastal Waterway, up the River, etc. and have guides that tell you all about the history and $$Million$$ Mansions.

It was a lot of fun, and we got off at the Mall, went shopping, had lunch, and got back on for more.

Hope This Helps.

We did this also last month. It was a great way to relax and see some of the highlights of the area.

If you are staying near a Quarterdeck restaurant (there's one on Cordoba almost across the street from the Embassy Suites and one on the beach), and it's Sunday, the special of the day is a full rack of ribs with a side (great mac and cheese) for $10.95) Price may have gone up a little from last winter, but, if you love ribs, you can't beat it. Just ask for the Sunday special ribs. Have a great time

Brunch at American Social Bar but make sure you make a reservation. All you can drink Bloody Mary and Mimosas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Mike

Take the water taxi all day and have brunch on Las Olas.

American Social is a blast! It is packed for Sunday Brunch.

Either American Social, Roccos Tacos, or Louie Bossi for Sunday Brunch.