Ask Your Escape Questions!

Brittany C

Traveling on Escape in Dec with 1 year old twins. Any photos of OV Family cabin deck 5, guppies play area, water park, etc would be so appreciated. Also any ideas as to excursions (when Escape sails Eastern Caribbean) and activities for this age group on the ship would be greatly appreciated.

Sharina,

This is the best post so far that I have found in reference to your request. http://www.cruisetricks.de/bilder/Norwegian-Escape/

I do not know if you have Instagram, but if you search #NorwegianEscape or #KeithJenner or #Freestlyenovice, they have posted several pictures.

We booked an excursion in Tortula at the Virgin Gorda and the Baths. I have done some research and have asked on the CC forums about it and it seems like this is a good pick. And congratulations on the twins! The 1 year age group is tons of fun!

Edited by bdonovan17

Traveling on Escape in Dec with 1 year old twins. Any photos of OV Family cabin deck 5, guppies play area, water park, etc would be so appreciated. Also any ideas as to excursions (when Escape sails Eastern Caribbean) and activities for this age group on the ship would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there. I found a youtube video showing the family Oceanview on deck 5:

Seeing menus for the Escape-only restaurants are top on my list.

Hi

I've just got off Escape and have taken a bunch of pix of almost every venue, as well as some menus.

What is interesting, is that although there are a few new restaurants (Food Republic, Pincho, Bayamo, Maragaritaville), with some interesting menus, Norwegian has changed out ALL the menus onboard – even in restaurants like O'Sheehan's and Cagney's. Here's a story I wrote on it: http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=6617.

I'll post a few for you here, plus the new ones.

As you may be aware, Food Republic's menus are all on an iPad so hard to capture, but I attach one here.

Any further qs, please just ask.

escape-food-republic.jpg.ad4be5b6df6ac21905a11899134f56bc.jpg

escape-bayamo.jpg.2ca65b1efcfc9d68521f0b30502dd981.jpg

escape-cagneys-menu.jpg.59ac9e605ab96d4528ebee2a58119905.jpg

escape-osheehans-lunch.jpg.4ef8b07e58e0f65f6d0f8e8e6bd27f70.jpg

escape-taste-two.jpg.0d95b080554ee0a87e3703ace068e03d.jpg

Are the Guppies age group (6 mo - 3 years) free in splash academy or is there an hourly fee for drop off?

Hi

Guppies are near Splash Academy, but in a completely separate room and the hourly fee is $10. You can leave your kids for a maximum of 4 hours consecutively and you need to pre-book. Worth noting that there is only space for 10 kids at once, but there is a stay and play area. The drop off times are from 4.30 p.m. on Port Days and from 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. on Sea Days.

I would like to know what days of a 7-day cruise the Howl at the Moon piano show will be running in the comedy club. We saw it on the Getaway in January and it was my favourite show of the cruise - I was very excited to see that it was added to the Escape lineup too!

I imagine it will run on the opposite schedule to any comedy shows planned in the same venue, but I can't find a schedule for them either. We'll be booking our other entertainment tickets shortly so I'd like to avoid conflicts. :)

There haven't been any 7 day cruises on the escape yet.

Yes! We would like to know this as well, for all decks with H6s, and also aft-facing balcony category B1 as well.

We had a get-together after our cabin crawl in the H-6 on the port aft corner of Deck 9 (9318, I believe). The balcony is half the size of the H-6 in the same location on Getaway and Breakaway. The cabin also has no doors to the adjoining cabins, as the -Away ships have. Still a nice cabin, but with a smaller balcony.

Starting October 27, we will have Cruise Critic editors onboard Norwegian Escape, with the opportunity to experience the ship and chat with execs.

We'd like to know: What Escape questions do you have? We'll do our best to pass them on and find some answers.

Happy Cruising!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

I'd like to see all the menus

Thanks,

Hi

Guppies are near Splash Academy, but in a completely separate room and the hourly fee is $10. You can leave your kids for a maximum of 4 hours consecutively and you need to pre-book. Worth noting that there is only space for 10 kids at once, but there is a stay and play area. The drop off times are from 4.30 p.m. on Port Days and from 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. on Sea Days.

Is there a fee to use the play area (parents with child)?

Hi

Thank you, I figured they'd change it to a fee.

I am most curious about:

• menu pictures of the restaurants/bars, particularly the new ones
  • the affect the new pool deck layout has on crowds
  • some rope course pics, that zip line that goes over the edge looks awesome
  • the new two person racing slide
  • Spice Grotto, how usable is it vs. just being a water feature
  • entertainment plans for brewhouse and 5 o'clock somewhere bar
  • Ala carte pricing

Hi

I already posted some menus.

Not sure about the pooldeck and crowds, I think that will have to wait till the ship gets to Miami – it was too cold and rainy in the UK!

I'm afraid I didn't get any ropes course pix as I was so busy taking pix of menus! But I heard it first hand that the zip line that goes over the edge of the ship is very scary. The two person racing slide looks awesome.

Can't help you with Spice Grotto.

In terms of entertainment – Brewhouse has a resident pianist Tom Wolf, who is sometimes joined by the cast of Million Dollar Quartet. And 5 o' Clock Somewhere has a resident band, Starlight Band.

Would love to know how long After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet shows run respectively.

Thanks!

Hi

Can't help you with After Midnight, but I can tell you Million Dollar Quartet was one hour and 38 minutes – I know that because I took a photo (attached), and that's the time stamp – however, I feel that they may well have gone on a bit longer (perhaps 15 or 20 minutes) for encores and the fact it was an inaugural night, so I would say it would be more like an hour and 15 minutes or so.

IMG_1265.jpg.d134d3d42e32bcc023bf3aea65767bb4.jpg

How will the new a'la carte approach in the restaurants that will be implementing it be handled for those with UDP and SDP?

Also, what kind of WiFi speeds are your Cruise Critic personnel experiencing on-board?

Hi

So I asked the question about dining packages and moving to a la carte to VP International Operations Francis Riley and he assured me that all those pre-purchased would be honored. In terms of going forward, he said guests would be able to choose three-, four-, five-, six- or seven night Dining Packages as part of their rethink on food choice, as people simply weren't using the full 7-day package.

In terms of Wi Fi - very patchy still, despite doubling the bandwith. Also, impossible to get on my iPhone. It's better, but nowhere near Royal Caribbean's new high speed wi fi.

I'd like to know

when is Margaritaville open - is it for breakfast, lunch or dinner or any combination?

what is internet like, wondering if we will be able to use in our cabin?

Just over 3 weeks until we go and getting excited.

Hi

Margaritaville was open for lunch, but not dinner on my cruise (s) – but these were two shakedown cruises and won't be indicative necessarily of when it will be open on your cruise.

Internet, as I posted above, is still patchy. It drops and sometimes you can't get on. I'll post the prices here for you. And yes, the ship is wi fi enabled so you can use it in your cabin.

IMG_1289.jpg.db74e4e6207bafbdf85643b58ed99e85.jpg

Menus from all the restaurants please!

Also any specialty drink menus - such as Margaritaville, Mondavi Wine Bar, District Brew House, etc.

Hi

I'm attaching the menus from a number of the bars, including the Brewhouse, Sugarcane Mojito Bar and Mondavi (Cellars).

escape-brewhouse-one.jpg.2d2ab77b760b7cdb2cdc5fd6cb7633ea.jpg

escape-brewhouse-two.jpg.616c8a09489619ec3a71b82855e8f467.jpg

escape-brewhouse-three.jpg.c04681afe1f7389f4f793be7a810d3bb.jpg

escape-brewhouse-four.jpg.28ede82330d34d1d000992e3352fd849.jpg

escape-cellars-one.jpg.76bad14e4a2534d04a03f0c67ca9fc66.jpg

escape-cellars-two.jpg.5f0f5974247b09a9153feb007a3820fb.jpg

escape-sugarcane.jpg.d1435e68be7c38d7dfa0a69bbabae420.jpg

Hi

Can't help you with After Midnight, but I can tell you Million Dollar Quartet was one hour and 38 minutes – I know that because I took a photo (attached), and that's the time stamp – however, I feel that they may well have gone on a bit longer (perhaps 15 or 20 minutes) for encores and the fact it was an inaugural night, so I would say it would be more like an hour and 15 minutes or so.

After Midnight ran about an hour twenty