New booking

lbfluffy

Currently I am scheduled to sail on the Crown November 28, the Monday I get back I will having shoulder surgery. So I'll be off work for several months. I owe my daughter a cruise I promised her for her college graduation.should I wait till my crown cruise to get the future credit and then book . We are looking around late January or February. Plus we are open to any cruise line. We want to go cheep. It will be a 7'day cruise. Our ages are 25 and 49. Thanks.

What exactly are you asking?

Do you want us to recommend something? You really should talk to a TA... Where do you want to go?

While on your Mexico cruise, you should talk to the future cruise consultant. Of course, he or she won't be able to help with anything with Princess.

This is the Princess board so... if you're interested in other cruise lines, go to their respective boards. Regardless, you should do your own homework. Then,, you can ask questions when you have narrowed it down.

If you want a Princess cruise, you can wait (as you suggest) until your Crown cruise to book the Jan or Feb cruise and thus use an FCC to get OBC.

Some of the weeks you want to cruise are at a slow time and prices will be good. Others are during a holiday period and could have higher pricing.

However, the question you should be asking is what is the availability now of the type cabin you would want. If those cabins are selling well, waiting until late November to book could mean either higher pricing which could wipe out the benefit of any OBC or possibly no availability at all.

Since your daughter will not be on the November cruise with you, then you could not get an FCC (and thus the OBC) for her.

If the Princess cruises you are considering currently are available with the amenity of free gratuities, you might be better off booking now as the free gratuities will be worth more for two passengers than the OBC you could get for one person by waiting to book on board in November.

More IFs...

If she is in the neighborhood, invite her to a Bon Voyage Experience (BVE). She will be able to pick up a Future Cruise Credit. This will give her a few dollars On Board Credit (OBC). Plus she will be able to use the $39 fee towards a new booking. That means a free lunch on BVE day.

If you want a cruise with a promotion, you may have to book it now (as someone else mentioned).

Lots of IFs you will have to sort through.

Do you want us to recommend something? You really should talk to a TA... Where do you want to go?

While on your Mexico cruise, you should talk to the future cruise consultant. Of course, he or she won't be able to help with anything with Princess.

This is the Princess board so... if you're interested in other cruise lines, go to their respective boards. Regardless, you should do your own homework. Then,, you can ask questions when you have narrowed it down.

Nina I am doing my own homework, just wanted some others perspectives. I think I will wait till after my surgery. I really should make sure the doctor will approve me going out of country. I am looking into Mexico to avoid airfare. I have called my TA and got some ideas. There are some great promotions, but I think it is best to wait till after my surgery. You never know what will happen during surgery.

Nina I am doing my own homework, just wanted some others perspectives. I think I will wait till after my surgery. I really should make sure the doctor will approve me going out of country. I am looking into Mexico to avoid airfare. I have called my TA and got some ideas. There are some great promotions, but I think it is best to wait till after my surgery. You never know what will happen during surgery.

There are some lovely 10 day cruises to Mexico or, of course, 15 days to Hawaii... those are more expensive but what a great way to recuperate! A balcony isn't really necessary so you can save on that.

I'm very partial to Princess so that's what I will recommend. Carnival is a definite no go for us.

I hope your surgery goes well.

I'm confused but I believe the OP is talking about just Princess.

I'm confused but I believe the OP is talking about just Princess.

Patty' date=' I'm confused, too :confused:. The Crown Princess [i']is[/i] a Princess ship.

OP, I think I'd go ahead and get the FCC for yourself. You don't have to book a specific cruise and can get your money back if you don't use it within two years.

Good luck with your shoulder :),

Currently I am scheduled to sail on the Crown November 28, the Monday I get back I will having shoulder surgery. So I'll be off work for several months. I owe my daughter a cruise I promised her for her college graduation.should I wait till my crown cruise to get the future credit and then book . We are looking around late January or February. Plus we are open to any cruise line. We want to go cheep. It will be a 7'day cruise. Our ages are 25 and 49. Thanks.

Your daughter and you want to be cheap after a college graduation?????

I've never had FCC. Does using this give you automatically OBC?

Yes. For $100 you receive all the deposit you need on a future cruise (booked on the ship or as an open credit in your CC account), plus an OBC that varies with cabin location and length of cruise. Can't go wrong. Always keep a few in both our accts.

Your daughter and you want to be cheap after a college graduation?????

Well she also got a car and a recent Disneyland vacation. I am considering other cruiselines, but just browsing now. I do like Carnival. We went on our first NCL last year and it was ok, ship was worn out, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Well she also got a car and a recent Disneyland vacation. I am considering other cruiselines, but just browsing now. I do like Carnival. We went on our first NCL last year and it was ok, ship was worn out, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Carnival will likely be less expensive than Princess and your daughter may appreciate the younger crowd and things such as waterslides, rock climbing walls, etc. which will not be found on Princess ships.

Carnival will likely be less expensive than Princess and your daughter may appreciate the younger crowd and things such as waterslides, rock climbing walls, etc. which will not be found on Princess ships.

Not always. Princess is pricing out cheaper for some HI cruises and a few other cruises. (Same approx week, similar cabin). Carnival doesn't have rock walls.

Perhaps you are unaware of the cost of college??????????????????

And boy, don't I know it. My little one just started college a couple of months ago. It's a public state school so the tuition isn't as bad as a private school, but add on the dorm (definitely can't commute to this one, but then she doesn't have her DL yet anyway) and books, and :eek:.