Diamond Princess around Au/NZ 33 days.

Wow I cant believe you are in the tail end of your trip already GUT. I have been enjoyed your posts :). I hope your last 4 days are fab :D

We can't believe how quick it went either.

Boarded one month ago today.

75 days is now fair and square on the bucket list.

Wow, I remember when we talked about when I did 30 days aboard (Dec 2014) and you said, you didn't think that you would like a cruise for that long and I said, it is very easily done, you will not get bored if the itinerary is right.Now you are looking at 75 days aboard. I am impressed.:D

Safe trip home Gut and Mrs Gut, we leave very early in the morning.

Will try to check this board but you all know how slow the internet is

on board.:D:D

I cant believe how quickly the time has gone either.

That's the trouble with cruises....the waiting for a cruise seems to take forever , but once you are on board and underway , the time speeds by.

Its been great taking a virtual cruise with you , and Diamond , as you circumnavigated the big Island of Australia and then around NZ.

Welcome back and have a safe journey home.:)

Safe trip home Gut and Mrs Gut, we leave very early in the morning.

Will try to check this board but you all know how slow the internet is

on board.:D:D

Hope you enjoy as much as we have.

Pretty sure we've fit the next few planned.

Tas next (again)

Hawaii

Circle Pacific

WC

With som short ones thrown in in between.

I cant believe how quickly the time has gone either.

That's the trouble with cruises....the waiting for a cruise seems to take forever , but once you are on board and underway , the time speeds by.

Its been great taking a virtual cruise with you , and Diamond , as you circumnavigated the big Island of Australia and then around NZ.

Welcome back and have a safe journey home.:)

Thanks for all your posts David it was great to follow us from afar while we were on board.

Wow, I remember when we talked about when I did 30 days aboard (Dec 2014) and you said, you didn't think that you would like a cruise for that long and I said, it is very easily done, you will not get bored if the itinerary is right.Now you are looking at 75 days aboard. I am impressed.:D

Yep, wasn't sure how that long would go down, now no doubts, just need to find the time and money.

Yep, wasn't sure how that long would go down, now no doubts, just need to find the time and money.

Yeah it's addictive. Time and money always seem to be the issue. Often I only get to have one of these (time) and not the other (money) but occasionally things fall into place and I can line up both for an adventure.:D

I reckon I would be perfectly happy to do a 75 day-er :D. I wouldnt be bored. I love the sea days.

The only thing is after our last cruise I felt gruesome for 3-4 days - post ship vertigo. I wasn't sea sick on the ship at all but afterward I felt so dizzy, not ill just uncomfortably dizzy. I couldn't look at a pc screen that made it worse so it was hard getting back into work mode LOL. I was fine by day 4.

I wonder does post cruise ship vertigo feeling get worse if you cruise for longer?

I reckon I would be perfectly happy to do a 75 day-er :D. I wouldnt be bored. I love the sea days.

The only thing is after our last cruise I felt gruesome for 3-4 days - post ship vertigo. I wasn't sea sick on the ship at all but afterward I felt so dizzy, not ill just uncomfortably dizzy. I couldn't look at a pc screen that made it worse so it was hard getting back into work mode LOL. I was fine by day 4.

I wonder does post cruise ship vertigo feeling get worse if you cruise for longer?

I can't answer that as I have never suffered from that , just from 'Not being on a cruise depression'.

I can't answer that as I have never suffered from that , just from 'Not being on a cruise depression'.

Oh those symptoms can be alleviated ...book another cruise so you can do a countdown again ;). On day 4 when I felt fine again post cruise...I booked our next one LOL

GUT maybe get some future cruise deposits to offset your post cruise blues :p. It'll be tough coming back to normal life after such a long cruise. But wow what an adventure. Going around Aust & NZ is a major bucket list tick. Maybe you could make one of those photo books of your adventures.

Edited by to_dee

Oh those symptoms can be alleviated ...book another cruise so you can do a countdown again ;). On day 4 when I felt fine again post cruise...I booked our next one LOL

GUT maybe get some future cruise deposits to offset your post cruise blues :p. It'll be tough coming back to normal life after such a long cruise. But wow what an adventure. Going around Aust & NZ is a major bucket list tick. Maybe you could make one of those photo books of your adventures.

The tough bit will be cooking cleaning and going to work.

Took a lot less photos than I expected, under 1000.

Did get a few cruise deposits.

It has benn wonderful.

Will try and find time to put together but of a review, hard to know where to start and what to cover.

That is how I always deal with it by having more booked. The Future cruise credits are great and can work out really good if used on the right cruise.:D

Grabbed a few.

Still don't get why you can't buy them a a gift. But I guess they have their reasons.

Grabbed a few.

Still don't get why you can't buy them a a gift. But I guess they have their reasons.

I suppose it is due to that you need to be on board to get the benefits and if it was a gift, that person may not have been on board. Therefore undermining it's special nature and benefits.

Ditto.:D

I had really bad post cruise vertigo after our first cruise (13 days) but very little after our second cruise of 9 days. I put that down to exceptionally smooth seas on that cruise. However after our last and longest cruise (17 days) I also didn't have much post cruise problems so maybe the body adjusts if you cruise regularly. The big test will be our upcoming cruise from Auckland back to Sydney next month. I doubt that one will be smooth sailing all the way home.;)

Ditto.:D

I had really bad post cruise vertigo after our first cruise (13 days) but very little after our second cruise of 9 days. I put that down to exceptionally smooth seas on that cruise. However after our last and longest cruise (17 days) I also didn't have much post cruise problems so maybe the body adjusts if you cruise regularly. The big test will be our upcoming cruise from Auckland back to Sydney next month. I doubt that one will be smooth sailing all the way home.;)

Interesting to hear...more frequent - now that is a prime reason to book more cruises. Plus the fact that I used up my future cruise credits already so I need to cruise again so I can buy more credits LOL.

Are you doing anther run on Diamond AKL/SYD?

Interesting to hear...more frequent - now that is a prime reason to book more cruises. Plus the fact that I used up my future cruise credits already so I need to cruise again so I can buy more credits LOL.

Are you doing anther run on Diamond AKL/SYD?

No, we're on Celebrity Solstice for that cruise. The ports suited us best on that cruise. I just hope the weather behaves so we get to Dunedin to see my brother.