Will You Cruise on Empress of the Seas?

Scotty G

Will you cruise on the Empress of the Seas when she returns to RCI next year?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise on the Empress of the Seas when she returns to RCI next year?

• Previous guest on Empress of the Seas/Nordic Empress will cruise again
    • Have not previously cruised on Empress of the Seas but definitely want to
    • Might cruise depending on itinerary
    • Will never cruise on Empress of the Seas

Absolutely, don't care where she goes or what she looks like.

It was our first cruise together, was going to be our second but TA talked us into Sovereign of the Seas, we like her too (sailed 3 times, got married on her one of those times). We would go back on the Empress just for memories sake.

Assuming she's cruising from Florida, and the price is right, most definitely! I always jump at the chance to try a new ship. I feel like I'm getting a second chance at this one, since she was "retired" and now making a return. I also enjoy the older and smaller ships for their traditional cruise experience.

Even though the Empress was the first of my Royal cruises, I would relegate a cruise on that ship in really great price and I really want the itinerary. Not a huge fan of the passenger density and not wild about the stateroom size. DW would no doubt balk at the lack of balconies... something she has become accustomed to since her first cruise with Royal:eek:!

What are the suites like on Empress?

We had an opportunity to sail in the Royal Suite on the Empress. It was very nice. An elegant Rat Pack Sinatra cabin. A bar. Barstools. Teak foward deck. Huge bathroom.

Rounded corner couch. Big PeeWee Herman overstuffed chairs.

This is my first poll on CC so am interested in the results. Thus far nothing unexpected.

We were on Empress to Bermuda from Manhattan the week before she had the engine fire. From the time we left the pier in NYC there was a vibration that was so bad that when we went under the Verrazano Bridge glassware was falling off the captain's table.

The repairs after the fire were done in Bermuda and guests could either fly home or stay in Hamilton until the return cruise to NYC. I always felt disappointed that we were not on the subsequent cruise to get an extra week in Bermuda.

Edited by Scotty G