Will You Cruise on Empress of the Seas?

Scotty G

Will you cruise on the Empress of the Seas when she returns to RCI next year?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise on the Empress of the Seas when she returns to RCI next year?

• Previous guest on Empress of the Seas/Nordic Empress will cruise again
    • Have not previously cruised on Empress of the Seas but definitely want to
    • Might cruise depending on itinerary
    • Will never cruise on Empress of the Seas

Our Inside cabin was 116 sq. ft. if memory serves me right. We had to seperate the beds as there was no room to get out of the bed if they were together. The space between bed and wall was too narrow. We had to get out of the bed by moving down to the foot of the bed.

Now we book balcony rooms and maybe they're larger, but I would certainly check cabin size before booking.

Since Empress of the Seas is returning to RCI how many would cruise on this beautiful cruise ship?

We will cruise with her and with all of the other smaller ships in the fleet. We tried Allure and Anthem but will focus on nice and smaller ships and interesting itenaries from now on. I prefer to cruise on ships that have many open decks with a direct view to the sea and the landscape. This is not so easy on Oasis and Quantum class. Just switched our booked New England cruise 2016 from Anthem to Serenade.

She's my favorite of all the ships I've sailed. If she returns to the fleet, we'll definitely try to book on the Empress again. Edited to add that the cabins were small. The Junior Suite was the size of a balcony cabin on the other ships. Despite that, I loved the common areas and the feeling of intimacy throughout the ship.

Edited by 2tall

Yes, as always with other ships based on these criterias:

1) Price

2) Driveable distance to the terminal. (cost of flying is so high even when the oil price is going down, there are ports which are driveable for us, Galveston, New Orleans, Port Canaveral)

Edited by StrikeEagle

Have sailed EM three times. Twice from MIA and once from Philly. It was very cool sailing down the Delaware river from the Philly Navy Yard to Bermuda and spend two days docked on Main Street in Hamilton. Next day we sailed over to St. George and spent another day/night there. Nice to cruise Bermuda on a small ship.

Let's see what itin's come available. And, maybe they'll add some more balconies and a few more suites?

Shore that nothing will be available from Philly. Maybe Baltimore?

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

Huh!!!??? Empress is returning? Where the heck have I been? Oh yeah, I've been on a cruise for the past 11 days. ;)

But to answer the question, maybe, I don't know.

Really? Empress is returning?

Really, early next year after a dry dock. Pulmantur is sending her back.

Really, early next year after a dry dock. Pulmantur is sending her back.

Wow. I really thought this was a joke until I read the other thread and Googled it for myself.

There's got to be something special planned for her....like Cuba....to compete with Fathom, Pearl Seas, etc.

Since Empress of the Seas is returning to RCI how many would cruise on this beautiful cruise ship?

Definitely, if she sails from the Baltimore or NY for 7 days or longer. We sailed to Bermuda on the Empress when she sailed from Philadelphia. Wish she could sail from Philly again. Better yet, I wish any ship would sail from Philly. Anyway, we always loved Bermuda, especially spending time in Hamilton and St. George. We're also fans of the smaller cruise ships.

Emoress was our honeymoon ship back in 2004 when she had been refurbished and renamed Empress of the Seas. Back then she was doing short cruises from San Juan to the Dominican Republic (our itinerary visited Santo Domingo, La Romana and Catalina Island). We booked a Junior Suite which wasn't much bigger than a standard balcony stateroom on newer ships.

Would I sail on her again? Absolutely YES. But it will depend on where she's headed. Empress is a wonderful little ship, but unlike the new Oasis and Quantum ships that are THE destination, the Empress will be for those more interested in the actual itinerary.