Anyone else upset over "30%" sale?

e39m5

I pretty much book my cruises at least 12+ months out, so by the time these "sales" roll around, the base price of the cruise is way higher than when I booked. The sales almost never help me...but I'm still happy with the price I paid when I originally booked.

It's kind of weird I guess some people benefit some don't. I booked Anthem Sept 2016 back in say April I wanna say. Anyhow a couple months later I capitalized on a mock booking that dropped the price 400.00 as well as giving me 100obc. I tried the same trick yesterday with the new deal and it was 275 bucks more than where I'm at. I think the supply and demand comment is right on. Dan

I called Royal Caribbean yesterday to check on the pricing and it turns out my cruise is $1100 less! We are booked in a family room with 5 people. I feel like the new pricing is more beneficial to my larger family. My parents were wanting to come on this cruise, but it was too expensive for them. When, they checked the price yesterday, it was still pretty high for a party of 2.

But, I am very happy with the sale. I knew that I didn't get a good price when I originally booked, but I really wanted to go on this cruise, so I booked it anyway. Now, I feel much more comfortable with the cost of it:)

I've been eyeing the prices on a sailing for a while and was pretty excited to receive the 30% off email from RCCL today.

Turns out 30% isn't being taken from yesterdays cost, but instead some random price?

Any thoughts on this?

Well, you just have to be vigalent and have some idea of what prices normally are? Can you say normally are for the past 2 years? In April of 2014 we were preparing to board Jewel of the Seas, it was our intention to do a next cruise booking for Freedom for April of 2015. I figured out ahead of time what cabin I wanted and what the price would be. One on board one of the early BOGOHO sales had just started and we really did get a great savings! When on Freedom this year the BOGOHO sale was still going on, and we booked our planned next cruise on Oasis and I paid almost exactly the same amount as I did for Allure in 2013 despite the "sale". I just checked the fare for my upcoming cruise and this sale got me a $200 price reduction. I guess I continue to play the game and occasionally win.

On the very last day of the BOGOHO deal - a Sunday night, we booked Anthem for the June 16th out of cape liberty. For sure, we thought, we're getting a decent rate for the balcony we reserved.

Two? days later, DW went and noticed the "new" 30% off rate. Being the way she is, she re-calculated and noticed that, with the new 30% off rate, we were saving money, so she called in to RCL and that call, with the adjustment in rates, saved us exactly $298.

So, I am very happy with the 30% off rate.

On the very last day of the BOGOHO deal - a Sunday night, we booked Anthem for the June 16th out of cape liberty. For sure, we thought, we're getting a decent rate for the balcony we reserved.

Two? days later, DW went and noticed the "new" 30% off rate. Being the way she is, she re-calculated and noticed that, with the new 30% off rate, we were saving money, so she called in to RCL and that call, with the adjustment in rates, saved us exactly $298.

So, I am very happy with the 30% off rate.

Can someone walk me through the process of looking for a difference in price? Do you literally do a new search online on the same exact itinerary/stateroom category for your dates? And if it's cheaper you call RCCL and say I want the cheaper price I just saw online? Do you have to cancel and rebook,where you lose your choice of room number? Or do they just adjust the price and the existing reservation remains exactly the same?

Can someone walk me through the process of looking for a difference in price? Do you literally do a new search online on the same exact itinerary/stateroom category for your dates? And if it's cheaper you call RCCL and say I want the cheaper price I just saw online? Do you have to cancel and rebook,where you lose your choice of room number? Or do they just adjust the price and the existing reservation remains exactly the same?

That's pretty much it. She went back through a new search as if going through the booking process all over again. Then she looks at the final price and compares it with our document. If it's lower, she calls RCL and tells the agent there's been a price drop and we get the difference. You don't cancel at all, you keep your original cabin.

Now this is the SOLE reason we book direct through with the cruise lines. The first time we noticed a price drop we had a TA (third party) involved. We missed out because the TA didn't follow up.