Novemeber Promos

ALS1214

Very excited, just got off the phone and was able to add a promo for our March 2016 sailing on the Jade. Our sailing also had 3/4 guest free. Kids are sailing free and mom and dad get to wine AND dine! Plus we ended up saving $! Super easy call customer service was outstanding on the phone! LOVING NCL right now :D

Did you book kids sail free recently or was this awhile back? I booked in June for February sailing on Spirit with kids sail free promo...unsure if I would have to rebook and then lose kids sail free. Stinker for us was at the time they were offering UBP for ocean view and higher but they had no rooms available for family of four so we had to go with large family inside so no UBP.

I just want to get clear -- if I am looking at a Nov 2016 cruise, this Halloween weekend sale doesn't really apply to me, right?
You can still book, but you will only get one perk, not two. And if the details of the Nov/Dec promo linked to above are confirmed, it looks like the promo starting November 2 will offer at least the same level of perks for your saildate. So no rush. Also, it's annoying that they are making people call instead of booking online.

We booked for Jan 17 2016, two days ago. Called to add the second promo onto our package. They said we would have to cancel and rebook. The price hasn't changed but we would have to forfeit our $500 deposit making the free udp not worthwhile. Has anyone else experienced this?

We booked for Jan 17 2016, two days ago. Called to add the second promo onto our package. They said we would have to cancel and rebook. The price hasn't changed but we would have to forfeit our $500 deposit making the free udp not worthwhile. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lots of above posts about having no issues getting the 2nd perk added on, not even having to cancel. Never mind losing deposit. I think the rep you spoke to was confused :confused: I would just call back and speak to someone else. Assuming price is the same for your cabin and you have only paid deposit and everything else seems fine I don't see why the NCL rep gave you a problem.

Off topic...NCL rep I spoke to today didn't know the difference between Vibe and H20 when I was asking about Vibe and the passes. Told me there's no such thing, its an adult only area during the day and open for everyone at night. I asked her twice if she was sure (at the beginning of the call she told me she had been on the Getaway personally). I kept saying..I don't want to say I know for sure but online I have read....she finally said...well I was on the Breakaway actually...I guess its different even though a sister ship. I let it go.... when I spoke to NCL again later, got the correct info from a different rep. So maybe the rep you spoke to just didn't know. Others are having great luck and ease. If you qualify that is :)

For most non-holiday cruises the penalty period doesn't start until 75 days out, and you're not there yet. Did you book POA by any chance? Because the penalty period for Hawaii starts at 90 days out.

Not yet. Sorry. I am tomorrow morning though and I'll report back!

After 40+ minutes on hold, I was told no. I could cancel and rebook but would lose the KSF promotion. The cost would have been $700 more for same room so definitely not worth it. The worst part of the conversation was at the end of the call she used a completely different name for me! She started out right but where she went........

Good luck tomorrow if you call!

30 minutes on line. Told it would be 165.20 to get the 4 meals. Told us just to add the 4 meals onto the existing plan and that would be cheaper. Strange thing was that the prices went up on the website as we were talking to her. Sent her the link we had used but when she got it there was a message that the site was down. Disappointing.

I just spoke with my PCC and she said it was the same as Octobers special.

However she did say there will be a Halloween special this weekend where you can pick two perks instead of just one. I did not ask if that applied to all categories or for which cruises.

confirmed. got the email today. pick 2 promos offer ends sun 11/1.

very enticing, especially if the Nov promos are the same as OCt

Edited by fstuff1

We had just put a deposit down last Sunday on a February 2016 sailing on the Jade. Called this evening and had another perk added on without a problem. I literally asked and she said sure which one? A few minutes on hold and it was done. She sent me the confirmation email. I was surprised how easy it was.

My cruise is now 700$ more expensive it's 10 nights but it's me and a teenager, we've already got soda package so alcohol and sdp isn't worth 700$.

I see some people saying the called and ncl added another promo to what was already booked. Do you mean you cancelled original booking then rebooked using new offer?

Tia

Liverpool jo

They cancelled our old booking and rebooked. I lost the old rate for the prepaid gratuities (cost me $15 more) and the rates for guest 1 and 2 went up by $20 each. BUUUT my 3rd and 4th guest were free saving me $299 each. I had to pay the fees for the drink package and we now have the SDP not the UDP but I came out $400 ahead plus the money I had budgeted for drinks on board. Happy camper!

I was surprised about the 3/4 guest free as it isn't shown as eligible on the NCL page promos, but when I did a mock booking it said at the top that they were if I called, so I did. My husband and I are not big drinkers so to rebook just to get the UBP added would not have added up but to get UBP, dining and save on the kids worked for us!

so with the two promos (is this on any sailing?) can you add two dining packages if you have 4 in a room???

Probably good on your breakaway but not your getaway sailing. Promo applied to first two in stateroom so probably can't get two spd promos but you can ask. You might be able to get on escape too if outside final payment

Edited by littlelulu01

so with the two promos (is this on any sailing?) can you add two dining packages if you have 4 in a room???
The pick two promo is only for sailings before May 1, 2016. The beverage package and dining package perks are only for passengers 1 & 2 in the cabin. There is no possibility of customizing this offer so that passengers 3 & 4 get free drinks or free specialty dining.

If you want to pick a second perk that passengers 3 & 4 can take advantage of, pick the free wifi (one login per cabin) or the shorex credit ($50 per port that anyone in the cabin can use).

I tried this out last night. The rep told me that since our sailing has already been paid for in full (Jan 2) we would not be able to add the extra perk. This promotion was only for new bookings made within the timeframe. She said that we could cancel and rebook but the cancellation charges would apply and the price of the cruise has gone up significantly. So we were out of luck.

Since the SDP in the November promo is for 4 meals, it's really just a savings of $74 right? Since that's how much a 4 meal SDP costs and you have to pay the tip either way? Actually not much savings if you do the math.
You get 4 meals for cruises between 7 and 9 days long. But yes, the dining perk has really lost value in the last few months. If you use internet on board, the 250 free minutes could be a better choice (worth $125), and if you usually buy ship excursions, the shorex credit could be better (worth $200 if your itinerary has 4 ports).

If you buy the dining package yourself, you can choose the number of meals (you might want more or fewer meals than what the SDP perk offers for your cruise length).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Up to you if you want to roll the dice, but you can actually pick the UBP for all cabins types right now for those cruises after 4/16. I can't tell if it is a website error or if they promo is simply not saying the correct perks.

Either way I pulled the trigger (Escape Inside in 4/2017) and am going to have my TA double check (after I transfer the booking; I booked it myself online in case it is a website error) to make sure the package is on there.

Looking for an inside cabin with UBP in June 2016. Got everything crossed for a change of minimum cabin grade when the 2nd November offers start .

Well that was a waste of time.

Right now all the website displays (for 5/2016 cruises and later) are the bev/dining/wifi/shorex perks for all cabins (the lesser perks are not shown or referenced at all). You can select any of those promos, go through the booking to the final payment page where that promo will be displayed, yet after you pay (and on your invoice) the promo switches to the $25 OBC only.

I called in and all they could say was it was a website error they would report. So the promo flyer is correct, but the website is allowing you to pick any of the premium perks.

Up to you if you want to roll the dice, but you can actually pick the UBP for all cabins types right now for those cruises after 4/16. I can't tell if it is a website error or if they promo is simply not saying the correct perks.

Either way I pulled the trigger (Escape Inside in 4/2017) and am going to have my TA double check (after I transfer the booking; I booked it myself online in case it is a website error) to make sure the package is on there.