Vancouver BC Airport

2flacruisers

Without a doubt the right call. Try to get in as early as possible Drop off your bags at the hotel and explore. If it's a nice day out, head to Granville Island grab some lunch at one of the vendors, go outside by the water and enjoy. There's usually someone there playing music. One of my favorite things to do.

Thanks for the advise...is it close enough to walk or will a cab be required?

We booked our first Alaskan cruise sailing early May, 2016 and I'm sure I will have many questions later, but one that comes to mind now is whether getting into Vancouver at 11:47 am is enough time to have Celebrity pick us up and have us to the cruise port prior to sailing...

I would strongly urge you to fly in the day before. If your flight is late or luggage lost you are sunk. And Vancouver is a lovely and interesting city.

Without a doubt the right call. Try to get in as early as possible Drop off your bags at the hotel and explore. If it's a nice day out, head to Granville Island grab some lunch at one of the vendors, go outside by the water and enjoy. There's usually someone there playing music. One of my favorite things to do.

I second the recommendation of Granville Island. You can spend an entire day there easily. Just an awesome place to walk and take in the environment. :)

Thanks for the advise...is it close enough to walk or will a cab be required?

Cab it there and then take the Aquabus across the harbour and walk back to your hotel. It'll be a little bit of a walk back but you can meander through some of the streets and do some more shopping if you like.

Don't forget to get a doughnut from Lee's Doughnuts. Some of the best in town.

Yes, travel time to the ship would be the least if my worries. Arriving at Canada customs and immigration with a few planes from Asia would worry me. As well as my own flight delays. Arriving at that time either the train or a cab will get you downtown in 30 minutes.

This. Clearning customs can take a very long time if other planes come in around the same time as you and the people from them aren't overly familiar with the computer systems used.