Alcoves

tvl4life

Has anyone rented one of the Alcoves that can comment on if they are furnished with sun loungers? It looks like there is seating furniture, but not necessarily something to be used for sun lounging. Thanks.

Chic, cabana-style settings comfortably accommodating two to four guests each, The Alcoves are designed to allow for relaxation and seclusion within a hip ambiance, just steps away from the lively vibe of The Lawn Club. Within The Alcoves, guests can enjoy stunning views of the lawn and sea; ambient mood lighting for cozy, romantic evenings; complimentary amenities including a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, chilled towels, four bottles of water, and all-day use of an iPad loaded with a variety of music, movies, games and magazines.

Has anyone rented one of the Alcoves that can comment on if they are furnished with sun loungers? It looks like there is seating furniture, but not necessarily something to be used for sun lounging. Thanks.

Chic, cabana-style settings comfortably accommodating two to four guests each, The Alcoves are designed to allow for relaxation and seclusion within a hip ambiance, just steps away from the lively vibe of The Lawn Club. Within The Alcoves, guests can enjoy stunning views of the lawn and sea; ambient mood lighting for cozy, romantic evenings; complimentary amenities including a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, chilled towels, four bottles of water, and all-day use of an iPad loaded with a variety of music, movies, games and magazines.

Nice commercial, but as the OP asked, are they furnished with loungers? :confused:

When we rented them in 2014, they didn't have loungers. We sat/laid around on the couches ,and if we wanted to, just got a towel and laid on the grass. We really enjoyed them and set up a little camp with our music and games and the like. We are renting for two different days on our upcoming Feb Caribbean cruise.

:) Hey, at least you know Celebrity reads their board.

Yes, something I wish some of the other lines would do on occasion. This one sounded like a canned response, quoting from ad material, but usually the responses from X are very good. :)

Do all Solstice class ships have the Alcoves? Can you book before hand, or only after you board. And finally, Can you book for a particular day? (Sea day of course).

You can book for individual days, whatever day you want. Or you can book for the whole cruise, and if you do there is a discount.

I would suggest booking beforehand to be sure to get one when you would like. I call to make my reservation and they are considered part of specialty dining.

We always book ours for the whole cruise.

Do all Solstice class ships have the Alcoves? Can you book before hand, or only after you board. And finally, Can you book for a particular day? (Sea day of course).

Only the Reflection and Silly. They can be booked for single days, if available.

Celebrity's description states we can enjoy "stunning views of the land and sea"; however, I've read previously that the alcoves face the lawn (which is how they appear in the pictures) and are stationary...they cannot be turned to face the ocean. So in order to see the ocean, I need to either stand in the alcove and face away from the lawn...or go over to the railing and look out, correct? And I'm told by Celebrity that I can't book an alcove until 6-8 months before my sail date...also correct? Seems to be a hot commodity and I don't want to miss out.

Silly question, I know, but I just want to be sure before I book.

Thanks!

DSC01701.jpg

Celebrity's description states we can enjoy "stunning views of the land and sea"; however, I've read previously that the alcoves face the lawn (which is how they appear in the pictures) and are stationary...they cannot be turned to face the ocean. So in order to see the ocean, I need to either stand in the alcove and face away from the lawn...or go over to the railing and look out, correct? And I'm told by Celebrity that I can't book an alcove until 6-8 months before my sail date...also correct? Seems to be a hot commodity and I don't want to miss out.

Silly question, I know, but I just want to be sure before I book.

Thanks!

You can see the ocean better from an Alcove than at the pool.

They are fixed in place but you can turn your head a tad and see water.

The alcoves have 2 3 ft opaque door panels as entrances to the alcove from the outer walkways. These panels can be left opened and the 2 chairs can be moved to enjoy the sea views. It limits privacy, but allows for sea views and a nice breeze throughout the alcove. As far as cancellations, I am sure they occur, but folks book these way in advance now it is un likely....

Hip ambiance, lively vibe...seriously?

folks book them to get away from the loud vibe on board...

but nicely written PR....

I have another question regarding the Alcoves. Is it for 2 hours only? Or is it for all day? I get conflicting information when I try to do a reservation. The only reservation time is 3 a.m., so that kind of tells me it is all day...but then it states somewhere along the process that the reservation is for 2 hours.