Quick question for you experienced RCI Cruisers

Doc2725

We were on Barefoot Beach 6 months ago. "Enhanced Buffet" is an oxymoron. The strip steaks were like shoe leather and there was nothing special about the shrimp skewers. The hamburgers and hot dogs were just like in the Windjammer and we thought they were the better choices.

The beach and the water, however, were really nice. The day on Labadee was one of the highlights of our Oasis cruise.

I've enjoyed BB buffet 3 times. Always good. If steak not good, ask for another. I also had them throw hot dog back on flame to char it up. Not a problem. Desserts are better as well.

Edited by John&LaLa

Std beach cabana on BB is $175. Not positive, but I think OTW is $225. No word if they are going up next year. I don't have any more trips booked that do Labadee, I'm sure we will book Oasis in Fall 2017.

Two weeks ago we paid $250 for an OTW on BB.

I have heard that Junior Suite guests can sometimes get a Cabana of BB, but they need to e-mail the concierge. Have you ever heard/seen anything like this?

Yes. We did it last January while on Independence and ended up with the same OTW as we had 2 weeks ago. The concierge will put you on a wait list.

Two weeks ago we paid $250 for an OTW on BB.

Yes. We did it last January while on Independence and ended up with the same OTW as we had 2 weeks ago. The concierge will put you on a wait list.

How much for a beach (palm) cabana?

I am confused. We do not want an over the water. We are talking about a beach (Nellis) or Palm (BB) cabana. What is the price difference is what I am wondering.

I don't know how I assumed you wanted on over water. Sorry. Anyway, I've never been to Nellies, only Barefoot so I can't compare the beach. I can tell you that the $250 beach cabana at Nellies is similar to the $175 std cabana at BB. Barefoot Beach also has some beach front and hilltop cabanas that go for around same price as over water

We are cruising in January, and after the first of the year, over water cabanas are $495.00. I have emaied the concierge, and he has switched our online reservation to Barefoot Beach. The only ones available online are Nellies Beach, but since we are in a suite, the concierge made the change for us to Barefoot. The last time we had one on BB, I believe they were $249, but we went as guests of friends in a suite, so I cannot be certain, as we didn't pay. It was definitely worth it though in our opinion. Great location, great water, great service. No doubt our best day at Labadee ever. :D:D

Something to keep in mind:

Barefoot Beach and Nellies have quite a few coral shards - so bring your water shoes.

The best beach with sand is Columbus Cove all the way in the back on the right.

You can access by walking, taking a tram or get ferried over on a tender boat.

As far as BBQ lunch, I prefer to go back on the ship to WJ.

Is that an over water based on description provided, the answer is no. Over water is $395 in December 2015

I am sailing Indy over NYE and have an Over the Water cabana at Nellies on December 30 for $395 not $250. Just agreeing in case others are wondering.

Edited by js

Thank you! Raj e-mailed me back and said it shouldn't be a problem, but can't confirm yet. I think this is a good sign that we will get a Beach Cabana on BB. Raj is the correct person to e-mail, right?

Bumping this in hopes of getting an answer.

Thank you! Raj e-mailed me back and said it shouldn't be a problem, but can't confirm yet. I think this is a good sign that we will get a Beach Cabana on BB. Raj is the correct person to e-mail, right?

Raj handled ours back in January. Good luck and have a great cruise.