Price increase? Tuscan Grille

bubbadogmom

Holy....loved the Tuscan Grill on Reflection when I was on it in April, I believe it was approx. 38.00$ which I thought was reasonable.

Just went on to book for my Feb cruise - has it really jumped that high?

It says 58. 95 CAD - PER PERSON.

Does anyone else think that is getting a little high? I'm disappointed - I don't think we will go now. That's just too much.:(

Edited by bubbadogmom

That is higher than back in April because of our low dollar. On our Solstice cruise in September we waited until onboard to book the 3 dinner special and used obc to pay for it. Got a discount as well so that helped. We have bought obc for our upcoming Summit cruise because the exchange from Celebrity when you buy obc precruise is much better than anything I can get locally. We'll use that to buy Specialty dining and do laundry and then just cash out whatever's left to use in the ports or for future trips.

Cathy

Holy....loved the Tuscan Grill on Reflection when I was on it in April, I believe it was approx. 38.00$ which I thought was reasonable.

Does anyone else think that is getting a little high? I'm disappointed - I don't think we will go now. That's just too much.:(

I belive it was $50 US in last DEc. So with our dollar today.....:eek:

It was 45 and $50 back in February. $45 in advance costs you $59 Canadian. Not new increase but the Canadian dollar is another story...

I think that's high also, wait until near the end of your cruise and I'll bet you can get some good discounts on dinner.

J.

I think it is now $45 USD in advance and $50 onboard.

Agree that is too high but some people must be paying that.

Hopefully you can get a 50% off special on onboard.

Hope you don't mind me asking but how can you get these discounts? Are they offered only on set times etc really early or really late?

Do you keep an eye on the daily newsletter this this offer?

Is a discount something you can ask for when booking on embarkation day?

Thank you!

Hope you don't mind me asking but how can you get these discounts? Are they offered only on set times etc really early or really late?

Thank you!

As a, um, frugal cruiser, I'll tell you what we do. They don't advertise the discounts, you have to ask. So when we think we may want to dine there we very nicely ask if there are any discounts this evening or any evening that we might want to go there. Another thing to try is if you are dining there, it is also a good time to ask about eating there once again because you enjoyed it so much, at a discount, of course.:D

Recently (Christmas, NYE 2014) there were NO discounts to be had. Trust me, we tried. I'm guessing holiday cruises are difficult to get a discount.

Enjoy the hunt!

Thank you!

We've found they almost always offer at least a 20% discount at one or more of the specialty restaurants on the first day. I have read on these boards that others have negotiated even better deals -- which I have not experienced personally but am sure it is only offered if they are not doing much business.

We went on the last night of a recent cruise and the specialty restaurants just were not busy at all. Also, during one of our dinners early in the cruise while at a specialty restaurant, they offered us a special to come back. So, many ways of getting a discount -- many of which are more forthcoming on cruises where the specialty restaurants are not booking well.

Thank you all for your responses. As we're pretty set on the nights we want to dine at which restaurant, I don't know if we'll be up for any discounts! I'll definitely ask though when we make the reservations.

"Asking ain't getting but you don't get if you don't ask."

I always get discounts for the specialty restaurants. Always. Don't try the service desk or the host/hostess. Don't book a dining package. Don't try the persons who are set up around entrances/exits to various venues hawking dining packages.

Look for the persons, usually a waiter in uniform, skulking about, holding menus, a signup sheet and seeking their next target. As they approach, be prepared for the counter attack. Listen attentively to their pitch. When they finish and pop the question, respond with "sure. Will you give us an XX% discount?" If the say yes then do a happy dance. If not just tell them maybe later.

Happy hunting!

Look for the persons, usually a waiter in uniform, skulking about, holding menus, a signup sheet and seeking their next target. As they approach, be prepared for the counter attack. Listen attentively to their pitch. When they finish and pop the question, respond with "sure. Will you give us an XX% discount?" If the say yes then do a happy dance. If not just tell them maybe later.

Happy hunting!

Do you get something in writing so that your discount is honored when you go?

Tuscan Grille is $45/pp USD. There will no longer be a pre-cruise discount.

Exception: Guests who pre-book their specialty dining reservations for the first night of their vacation will still receive a 20% discount. When pre-booking, guests will pay the full price but will get the 20% discount applied as an OBC once onboard.

I always get discounts for the specialty restaurants. Always. Don't try the service desk or the host/hostess. Don't book a dining package. Don't try the persons who are set up around entrances/exits to various venues hawking dining packages.

Happy hunting!

Rob, what do you consider a reasonable percentage discount to ask for or settle on? Would love to hear from others that request a discount as well.

Tuscan Grille is $45/pp USD. There will no longer be a pre-cruise discount.

Exception: Guests who pre-book their specialty dining reservations for the first night of their vacation will still receive a 20% discount. When pre-booking, guests will pay the full price but will get the 20% discount applied as an OBC once onboard.

Hi Celebrity Cruises "Official". I have booked and paid for a first night dinner for 2 (Tuscan Grill) on the Solstice leaving Sydney 26 November. Exactly how do I get this 20% discount you refer to.....Do I need to ask someone? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you!

We were on the Eclipse in September, eating dinner in the Moolight Sonata MDR when we were approached and offered $20 off - very special offer which we very gratefully booked. The meal was absolutely delicious and our table was brilliant overlooking the wake of the ship as the sun set. We have to say we didn't actually look for a deal but we were very pleased when we were approached. Good luck for your cruise 😀

I have received 50%:)

Really? That's fabulous!

We are on Reflection's Celebrity Chef's cruise. We booked it for the ship and the price and the date but not for the Celebrity Chef. My dh could care less about Tuesday night's Celebrity Chef's menu. Everyone on my roll call is excited and if they're any indication for the rest of the ship, I anticipate that the specialty restaurants will not be fully booked on this night. Right? I'm thinking this will be a good time to book a specialty. And I would have been happy with 20% .... but 50% WOW.:D

Hi Celebrity Cruises "Official". I have booked and paid for a first night dinner for 2 (Tuscan Grill) on the Solstice leaving Sydney 26 November. Exactly how do I get this 20% discount you refer to.....Do I need to ask someone? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guests who pre-book their specialty dining reservations for the first night of their vacation will still receive a 20% discount. When pre-booking' date=' guests will pay the full price but will get [b']the 20% discount applied as an OBC once onboard.[/b]