First Class Lounges/facilities American Airlines

Bruin Steve

Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding all of this.....and I will blame it on the severe drought we're having here on the west coast..."Dry Brain Syndrome" :eek::D....Send Rain our way :D

Wish we could give you some of it.

It either doesn't rain here for months or when it rains we get it all in a couple of record rains. :)

Nothing is ever small in this state.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

AA makes it very difficult.

For the great majority of transcontinental (coast to coast) flights, even passengers flying on paid first class tickets don't get lounge access. The exceptions to this rule are passengers flying in first class on three routes, and three only, those being SFO-JFK, LAX-JFK, or LAX-MIA.

Business class on these still gets you access to the regular Admirals clubs. First class on the two class aircraft from MIA-LAX also gets Admirals club access. First on the three class aircraft transcons gets you access to the Flagship lounges (where they exist: JFK and LAX, not SFO) and to the "Premium Lounge" One World lounge in MIA.

Sorry-We are on American Airlines and Hawaiian air. I am Elite-My friend is not a frequent flyer.

We're getting closer....which route and which airlines on which parts of the route? I know AA don't fly to NZ so that answers part of it. But then Hawaiian don't have first class on international flights.

Edited by fbgd

Business class on these still gets you access to the regular Admirals clubs. First class on the two class aircraft from MIA-LAX also gets Admirals club access. First on the three class aircraft transcons gets you access to the Flagship lounges (where they exist: JFK and LAX, not SFO) and to the "Premium Lounge" One World lounge in MIA.

Right, I should have said that business class also gets access on those flights and F pax can use the FL where there is one. For me, traveling from SEA the issue has been moot because it's all 2-class and they shut the AC here years ago.

We're getting closer....which route and which airlines on which parts of the route? I know AA don't fly to NZ so that answers part of it. But then Hawaiian don't have first class on international flights.

American Phl to DFW and American DFW to Honolulu Hawaiian _Honolulu to Auckland-My ticket says first class.

American Phl to DFW and American DFW to Honolulu Hawaiian _Honolulu to Auckland-My ticket says first class.

The ticket will say first class because the PHL-DFW-HNL portions will be in first class. The HNL-AKL flight will be in business class because Hawaiian doesn't sell the front cabin as first on those flights.

Check at Philly to see if the Admirals Club people will let you in; they might or might not depending on how they treat the international segment on Hawaiian. In my view they should, but I've been wrong before.

Please be aware that meals aren't served on every first-class or business flight. Depending on the time of day you fly, and the length of your flight, you may be getting the infamous "snack basket."

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/duringFlight/dining/premium-cabin.jsp

Check the timing of your flights and see which ones serve proper meals.

Enjoy your flights and your cruise!

1754094775_aadining.jpg.875a93655793ebfc9b964bc12a4e2dd7.jpg

Yeah, that sort of sucks...With the inflated cost of a First Class ticket for what is, basically, just a little wider seat, you'd think they'd give you SOMETHING!

then I looked it up and found they don't even have a lounge at FLL...

Well, they DO give you something. You get the wider seat that you mentioned, and while not a business class lie flat seat, is still way better than a standard coach seat, particularly for a "long" transcontinental flight. It also comes with increased seat pitch, and 2 across seating rather than 3 across. And while I'm not an expert on AA, assuming the benefits are similar to DL's for domestic first, you will also get a meal (since it's transcon), free drinks, priority boarding, priority check-in, waived baggage fees and possibly an increased baggage allowance.

As for the lack of an AA lounge at FLL, FLL is not a hub for AA, nor do they have a particularly large presence at FLL so it would be tough to justify a lounge there, given the limited number of AA flights. AA directs most of it's south Florida traffic to its Miami hub, rather than to FLL. :)

Please be aware that meals aren't served on every first-class or business flight. Depending on the time of day you fly, and the length of your flight, you may be getting the infamous "snack basket."

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/duringFlight/dining/premium-cabin.jsp

Check the timing of your flights and see which ones serve proper meals.

Enjoy your flights and your cruise!

Thanks for posting this helpful link.

I just had a flight # change (one flight only) and now it's saying for my first/business "Food For Purchase" knew this couldn't be right with my routing...

LAX-SJU via DFW

SJU-LAX via MIA

BruinSteve,

The AA Admirals Club at Los Angeles gets you a place to sit while you wait for the flight. Food for free is minimal. Could be apples and goldfish and/or pretzels. You do get complimentary house wine, beer and spirits. You can purchase food.

No lounge in Fort Lauderdale.

There is one in Charlotte.

Keith

AA is slowly expanding their free food options in the AC. For breakfast they've added cold and hot cereal, bagels with trimmings, yogurt, etc. After 11:00 or so they add soups, cheeses, veggies/dips, amazing brownie bites and some other more palatable snack items. They still don't come close to the international carriers, but none of the domestic carrier lounges match up, IMO.

Thanks for posting this helpful link.

I just had a flight # change (one flight only) and now it's saying for my first/business "Food For Purchase" knew this couldn't be right with my routing...

LAX-SJU via DFW

SJU-LAX via MIA

All of my flights say that now. And the opportunity to order ones entree online disappeared about a month ago, so you have to phone that in for now, anyway.

AA is slowly expanding their free food options in the AC. For breakfast they've added cold and hot cereal, bagels with trimmings, yogurt, etc. After 11:00 or so they add soups, cheeses, veggies/dips, amazing brownie bites and some other more palatable snack items. They still don't come close to the international carriers, but none of the domestic carrier lounges match up, IMO.

Have you been in a DL Sky Club lately? What you described in the AC sounds very similar. Noon-ish onward there is soup, green salad, usually at least one other salad (pasta for instance) as well as cookies, veggies/hummus, olives, snack mix etc. Similar breakfast offerings as well