What would you do with 3 days in Maui?

Karysa

Hi we have decided to add 4 nights/3 days in Maui to our Kaui and Hawaiian Island cruise vacation. I'm thinking that we will be quite jet lagged the first day but would consider an afternoon boat trip or a Luau on our first full day. We will have 2 more days that I could use some help to plan. We will be in Maui for 1 short day on our cruise so I thought that we would just stay in the Lahaina area and maybe venture to the beach on that day. We have decided to go on a helicoptor tour in Kauai so we are not interested in that but pretty much anything else we would consider. Thanks for any help.:)

• 1 month later...

I would rent a car....it's easy to drive Maui! The day you arrive you will be "jet lagged" (depending where you're coming from!)...I would do a sunrise trip to Haleakala on the next morning.....

We came from the East Coast, and I was BUSHED by 7pm Hawaii time....went to bed, but was up way before the sun....that's a great time to get up and make it to the top of the mountain for the sunrise! Bring WARM clothes....it's COLD up there...and very windy! We took a tour for that, so we didn't have to drive.... google it, and you can book in advance.

We also used the rental car to drive around the different coastal areas....some parts are lush..some are "other worldly".... Io Valley was gorgeous....

Get a rental car, and explore!!! If you want to kill an entire day, the Road to Hana will take care of that!

I've been adding a week in Maui for several years now, with my POA cruise. I'm a snorkeler, so spend time in the water, I also whale watch, since my trips are Jan/Feb. I enjoy the Road to Hana, and do a lot of driving.

What was the reason that you selected to go here? What were your initial ideas?