Exploring Jamaica to Ecuador.

drron29

The tour we did in Manta was not on our itinerary. The night before at recap and briefing - we were told about the this tour and nothing of what we were expecting. What we were meant to do as set out in the Travel Journal and what we were looking forward to doing was going to a Panama Hat factory, a cooking demonstration and some dancing. Instead we sat on a bus driving at a crazy speed for the road conditions for 2 hours, to eat a less than memorable meal, watch animal cruelty, and then have the same hair-raising bus trip back to the ship. That night at briefing Juan-Carlos did not make any mention of our dreadful afternoon and so had a very long line of people complaining to deal with. I had already fired off an email to Conrad !!

It was never explained why we had the change in itinerary but I have my own ideas as to why :rolleyes:

All that is left to do now is return to the ship.But a morning full of boobies is special.not often you have birds pose for you without any fear.So just followed the birds-

DSC09614.JPG.DSC09617.JPG.

DSC09619.JPG.DSC09621.JPG.

DSC09622.JPG.DSC09623.JPG.

All that is left to do is head for Guayaquil and disembarkation.The Captain's farewell and dinner with the Captain.A really good group and a nice way to finish off the cruise.

A big welcome to Guayaquil-

DSC08025.JPG.DSC08024.JPG.

DSC08028.JPG.DSC08029.JPG.

DSC08031.JPG.

We were staying at the airport as we had missed the morning flight to Miami and neither of us like red eyes.So we chose to do the morning tour of the city and dropped off at the airport at lunch time.As this was a Silverseas tour I will finish off with this tour and our arrival at the airport.

We now come to the old commercial port.It is being rebuilt with accommodation and services.first is the old brewery now museums and offices-

DSC08175.JPG.DSC08176.JPG.

DSC08177.JPG.DSC08180.JPG.

Impressed with the redevelopement of the old grain silos for the brewery-

DSC08178.JPG.DSC08179.JPG.