RCI cannot send email to Hotmail?

Cabansail

while much of the fault is communication issues between rccl and a certain provider... aol is not the only company that has had challenges. and given RCCL terrible website, IT issues, it's not surprising the inconsistency.

Yes but there are so many protection mechanisms in place enroute to your desktop, you really can't pin it down to the sender. I just had a vendor try two different email address just to send me a Webex invitation. I was finally able to receive it through webmail because G-Mail wouldn't let it through at one address and Thunderbird automatically sent it to the junk folder from the other.

Yes but there are so many protection mechanisms in place enroute to your desktop, you really can't pin it down to the sender. I just had a vendor try two different email address just to send me a Webex invitation. I was finally able to receive it through webmail because G-Mail wouldn't let it through at one address and Thunderbird automatically sent it to the junk folder from the other.

I agree there are so many factors. My issue is that. RCCL in no bigger than many other companies. For example I have NO issues getting my emails from southwest airlines. OR national car rental. While I dont know the average amount of emails from all of these companies, I bet it is similiar. So in the end it's an interface thing. OF course, RCCL wants everyone to get emails, I know they are not doing it on purpose, but it does seem to be getting worse not better... Just makes me wonder

I use Hotmail account for personal use.

I have received email when sent directly from a Royal agent (e.g. invoice at booking or adjustment).

However, I never received an email when booking something online myself through My Cruises such as entertainment or an excursion. The system said it would send but it never did. I'm not too worried as I see the bookings under My Cruises.

Interesting as it seems like it's not just me.

Edited by LuCruise

If Royal Caribbean cannot send email to Hotmail, then how do you explain this email dated November 2, 2015???

RC%202%20MSN_zpsc6nte9bw.jpg

I have been receiving emails from them. That is why I was surprised at them refusing to send one.

That is the point of this thread.

I used Hotmail as part of my address for years. It was almost a year ago, I think, I received an e-mail from Hotmail telling me to discontinue using Hotmail in my address and use MSN. You might want to try it.

Example....@msn.com

I have gotten all the E-mails I am suppose to get on this account.

I have been receiving emails from them. That is why I was surprised at them refusing to send one.

That is the point of this thread.

They have two different email systems. One for marketing and another for booking. The one for booking confirmations and doing show reservations is someplace in Central America. (I think Guatamala) It can't send to Hotmail. That is why you get the sale and marketing emails. It is a different server. My travel agent told me about this. None of her clients with Hotmail coud ever get show reservation confirmations. She had to switch herself from Hotmail to MSN.

Edited by Charles4515

I have Hotmail and have no problems receiving e-mails from RCCL. I recently called them to get a price decrease on a cruise that I have booked for June. After receiving my new price, she said she would send a confirmation e-mail with all my new booking documents to the email they had on file. It came right away to my Hotmail account. That was 10/28.

They have two different email systems. One for marketing and another for booking. The one for booking confirmations and doing show reservations is someplace in Central America. (I think Guatamala) It can't send to Hotmail. That is why you get the sale and marketing emails. It is a different server. My travel agent told me about this. None of her clients with Hotmail coud ever get show reservation confirmations. She had to switch herself from Hotmail to MSN.

My email account is with msn.com, which is actually a Hotmail account. We just ret'd from our first RCI sailing (the Anthem TA), and I had no problem receiving emails from RCI related to our actual booking, our invoice, those sorts of things. Then one day when dining reservations opened up and I made some, including for specialty dining, I never received an email confirmation. That was strange, and in talking to the Crown & Anchor desk, I was told the emails about dining, show reservations, etc. come from a different server. My IT folks said that MSN apparently considers that other server to be sending mass spam and blocks anything it sends. (RCI told me they have the same problem sending to AOL accounts from that server.)

I manage to get all of the marketing emails from RCI to my hotmail address but don't ever seem to get confirmations of shore excursions or drink packages. As long as I can see those on my cruise planner then I don't worry about that.

That's exactly what happens to me too. Has been happening for over 18 months, so when i purchase a drink package etc i use a different email addy (gmail) & have no problem.