Ez air sale??

rocker57

Just for a laugh I thought I would check the price to book through EZ Air $5500 each. My cost to book if I paid in cash not points would of been around $900 each. Not much of a bargain through Princess :eek:

Opposite for me. (Not an EZAir sale.)

Paying $650 with EZAir. No airline quoted less than $2100.

Were you looking at Restricted flights or Flexible flights? I have often found that Flexible fares are much better than Restricted. Plus Flex fares have the bonuses of being changeable with no change fees, and they don't have to be paid for until final payment.

For a one way flight home from London post-cruise in a few months, I booked EZAir at $725 each, but cancelled and rebooked when I found the exact same flight priced at a little over $500 each.

my quote was from my home town to Houston, Tx. Flight is on WestJet, and we booked premium economy, which is what the quote is from Princess. The only difference is that Princess quoted on part of the flight being with United. I just couldn't understand the cost from around $1100 each to $5500. Even when I looked into Business Class with Air Canada, it was around the $3500 mark. I live in a small town, with a small airport, so we have to fly to a major city first, either Vancouver or Calgary. Would be so much easier & cheaper and more choices if I didn't have to get from here to Vancouver :rolleyes:

It can be tough living in the middle of nowhere. For us we can fly either from home or take a limo 80 km to Boston.

In 2013 we flew on AC through Princess EZ Air from BOS via Montréal to Rome for a very low price and got there early in the day.

We will be looking to fly again to Rome next October and AC's flights are around $3300 USD one way for plain Economy. It's too early for EZ Air pricing so we will look again in a few weeks.

Steve

Edited by skf

I have an EZair flight booked for next year. Where do I go to see if the fare has changed to possibly get a better price?

Thanks

Hi,

Go to Princess site.

Don't log in.

Go to search cruise vacations.

Look up you cruise.

Second screen should have current airfare for that cruise.

Good Luck..

Thanks, BRANDEE

for your quick response and Yes! I learned something new.

Pam

Hi Pam,

Something I learned a few weeks ago (you might already know).

When on the ezair site for your cruise, change the date of departure or arrival for the cruise (I did a week earlier and then a week later) and a lot of other airports to fly (into or out),come up. As a result, I was able to extend our trip and come home a week later from another airport.

Going to the Baltic next year, now when we arrive back to Southampton, we are taking the train to Paris and then flying home from there. Still using ezair.

We are looking at a cruise 6 months from now. The current sale is interesting, to say the least. The flights offered on the "sale" are indeed about $200 cheaper than those shown last week (not the $300 advertised), BUT there are far fewer flight options showing. On the return leg, there is only one airline available now, while last week we were shown multiple airlines and multiple flights.

Just for a laugh I thought I would check the price to book through EZ Air $5500 each. My cost to book if I paid in cash not points would of been around $900 each. Not much of a bargain through Princess :eek:

Early this year Princess had a special promo called Cruise Deals & Air Steals where they were discounting on cabins for the specified destination while offering big discounts on airfares too. We were able to book roundtrip air on Singapore Airline from San Francisco to Singapore thru Princess' EZair for only US$98 per person fees and tax inclusive. Not a typo which to us is the steal of the century. Our friends leaving from LAX got the same $98 deal too. We did check with EZair when we booked our Alaska cruise in August but their prices were higher than what we could find on our own. Maybe best time to use EZair is if there's a special promo going on.

Brandee...

That's called "Creative trip planning."

Thanks !

Ironically, neither my TA or the Princess rep she called at ezair knew this could be done. My original flex flight had me coming in six days early into London and returning home the day the cruise arrived back.

One night, when too much coffee had me up, I was just "playing around" on the princess site. When I realized I could come home from Paris, (still using flex ezair) it was just convincing my husband this was the time to do it. Still can't believe he said yes!!

Those prices look like a decent deal for us.

Can you add EZ air after booking the cruise? The cruise we're booking isn't included in the sale but if they do another sale like this in the next year, can I add it later?

If your cruise isn't part of the new sale, you should be able to book the cruise now and get ezair later. Remember that as long as you book flex flights, you can rebook or cancel before final payment. I have rebooked three times, twice the flights went down and last to change the end itinerary. I originally books ezair about two months after booking the cruise.

Ezair, for me, was less than $50 pp more than booking with the airline and paying now. Keep checking prices, they change often.

We have found EZAir to be very competitive, so perhaps it depends upon one's travel itinerary.

For example, we have used EZAIR for mainland Europe > mainland US, and it was a thousand dollars less than any site or TA. We used air mileage for the outbound flights on that occasion.

One benefit to the cruiseline/air connection that hasn't been mentioned is guaranteed arrival.....My parents used EZAIR on one flight where there was mechanical difficulty in their city of origin, and they were immediately placed on another aircraft through a different city. Not only did they make the ship, their luggage arrived the next port and was delivered to their stateroom. You wouldn't have that through an independent It booking. In fact, as a cautionary tale, fellow passengers did book independently and their luggage never made it to them. Sadly, they had to wear a few miscellaneous items of clothing the entire cruise (because there's nothing but a size ZERO in Europe!!).

Those prices look like a decent deal for us.

Can you add EZ air after booking the cruise? The cruise we're booking isn't included in the sale but if they do another sale like this in the next year, can I add it later?

EZAir can be added anytime after booking the cruise up until a few days before the cruise starts.

However, if the lower price is due to a special Princess promotion then that promotion might not include amenities (prepaid gratuities, AIBP, etc.) that were included when you booked the cruise and then you would have to give them up to get the new promotion.

I really like two things about this sale:

1. The airfares for several cruises I checked out are quite low, especially the TransAtlantics. I had just about given up on those because the multiple destination fares were so absurd. Here they're really reasonable.

2. The cruise fares include the dreaded "taxes and port fees." I've always thought the whole industry should do this.

Jim

However, if the lower price is due to a special Princess promotion then that promotion might not include amenities (prepaid gratuities, AIBP, etc.) that were included when you booked the cruise and then you would have to give them up to get the new promotion.

We have had this happen when making cabin changes and such. If you want to do it, go ahead, but your bonus offers from the original booking might disappear because you are past the cutoff date for the bonus offers.

Steve

We have had this happen when making cabin changes and such. If you want to do it, go ahead, but your bonus offers from the original booking might disappear because you are past the cutoff date for the bonus offers.

Steve

Steve, you are absolutely right. The new promotion would drop our air by $700, but the new base is much higher, (even with $600 off) plus loss of free gratuities. I think it is a great sale for those who have not booked yet.