OBC on a b2b

ambelina

We are taking our first b2b on the Regal in November which was booked as one 14 day cruise. We have alot of OBC and wondered if it would automatically carry over to the second leg or do we need to visit passenger services to make sure? Also wondered if we purchased the wine package, would that carry over to the second leg?:confused:

My experience on another line is that if the cruise is booked as a B2B, each leg is separate for accounting purposes--OBC and packages do not carry over. If booked as one long cruise, everything continues for the duration of the cruise (you have one confirmation number, one card, etc.)

I don't know if this is the same on Princess, but it is our experience.

If you have booked your cruise as one 14-day, with one booking number, there's no carry over. All of your OBC will be listed on the one cruise. If you have two booking numbers for the 14 days, OBC will normally carry over to the second booking number. Make sure you stop at passenger services and verify that your charges/credits will roll over to the second booking.

The wine package, if available on your cruise, is a punch card, like the coffee card. There's no problem using it on a B2B cruise.

I have done this many many times with two, and three cruises b2b, and YES, if you have a credit balance at the end of the first leg this will carry over to the second leg.

On the first leg all of your OBC's will be listed as the first entries in your folio. Each day your on board charges including your Hotel Charge (auto-tip) will be added to your account and there will be a net balance. At the end of the first leg you will receive a final accounting for the first leg. Whatever the balance, be it a debit or credit balance, then that balance will carry over to your on board account for the second leg. At the end of your cruise you will receive a final bill for the entire voyage. Be sure to bring printed copies of all your OBC's just in case there is an error. It has happened to me. By the way it does not matter if the cruise was booked as a single logical cruise or two individual cruises. The accounting works in the same manner, there is a net balance against all OBC's applied.

I can not comment on wine, other than ask when purchasing.

Edited by sknight

At the end of the first segment if the account is closed out, then the balance (be it remaining OBC or what you owe if the OBC is used up) will be carried over to the second segment.

I always verify with the Purser's desk that they know we are staying on for the next segment.