New chocolates

Krazy Kruizers

Thanks, KK, for posting this and the photos!

Do you get to choose which one, as I would really, really want the dark chocolate!

Maybe we could trade, as dark chocolate keeps me awake, and I wouldn't want that!:D

Also, welcome home, KK.

The new logo will look so much better on them.

I wonder if they're trying to use all those up now since the branding changes in January? Eh, that'd require foresight and planning - HAL Seattle can't do that so nevermind.

Thanks for sharing.

It is such attractive packaging. What a shame it will have to be replaced seeing HAL's announcement they weren't keeping the familiar, attractive Logo. What a great waste of money that could be spent on upping crew numbers, some odd maintenance issue that may have been let slide.......

The new logo will look so much better on them.

I wonder if they're trying to use all those up now since the branding changes in January? Eh, that'd require foresight and planning - HAL Seattle can't do that so nevermind.

Sorry........

I was typing while you were posting.

No choice. Ya get what ya get :D;).

HAL cabin stewards are so wonderful, I expect you might be able to oh no nicely request dark or milk chocolate as is your preference. It doesn't matter to them which they leave and they usually try so hard to please.

Edited by sail7seas

HAL cabin stewards are so wonderful, I expect you might be able to oh no nicely request dark or milk chocolate as is your preference. It doesn't matter to them which they leave and they usually try so hard to please.

Generally I would agree but mine on the eurodam left a lot to be desired.

Generally I would agree but mine on the eurodam left a lot to be desired.

I remember our first HAL steward, from the first time we met him, constantly complained about his job and how ready he was to go home. He more than once said he hated what he was doing. He was terrible.

Thankfully he's the worst we've had on any cruise and the rest have been quite good on HAL. I've found them overall better on HAL than on Princess, for instance.

I remember our first HAL steward, from the first time we met him, constantly complained about his job and how ready he was to go home. He more than once said he hated what he was doing. He was terrible.

Thankfully he's the worst we've had on any cruise and the rest have been quite good on HAL. I've found them overall better on HAL than on Princess, for instance.

This was the first time I've ever had stewards that didn't call me by name but that is the most petty of my complaints. I can't remember the last time I didn't leave a healthy extra tip when leaving for my stewards and I'm the type that tips even when I shouldn't. I've had good stewards on princess too. I can only remember one time that my stewards were worse and that was in April 2011 on the westy so it's been a good while.

I don't buy cheap chocolate nor eat it. Labels say contains soy. :( Not for me thanks!

That's an allergy warning. It's because almost all the chocolate you'll find contains lecithin to keep the cocoa butter and cocoa from separating. The lecithin is derived from soy. It's not that there's soy flour, soy bean curd, or tofu in the candy.

There really aren't a lot of choices if you want completely soy free chocolate. Here's the best list I know of:

http://ultimatechocolateblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/chocolate-bars-with-no-soy-lecithin-are.html

It's mostly chocolate from bean to bar candy makers. For the most part, the chocolate is very high in cocoa. A lot of the chocolate on the list is 70%±.

This fulfills my educational posting requirement for today.

That's an allergy warning. It's because almost all the chocolate you'll find contains lecithin to keep the cocoa butter and cocoa from separating. The lecithin is derived from soy. It's not that there's soy flour, soy bean curd, or tofu in the candy.

There really aren't a lot of choices if you want completely soy free chocolate. Here's the best list I know of:

http://ultimatechocolateblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/chocolate-bars-with-no-soy-lecithin-are.html

It's mostly chocolate from bean to bar candy makers. For the most part, the chocolate is very high in cocoa. A lot of the chocolate on the list is 70%±.

This fulfills my educational posting requirement for today.

And we chocoholics thank you for it! :)