Adventure of Seas Jan 23 Drag Queen Cruise

lyst

I'm going to chime in here and say that if I were going on a cruise and a very large group of whoever were going to be on board, I'd much prefer to know about it and have the option to reschedule. From what I've read on other threads, very large groups can significantly impact other cruisers as they can take over large swathes of dining rooms and other public spaces. Now that's for a very large group, a few hundred probably wouldn't cause much impact but I would not know firsthand. I would not like to feel like I'm part of the minority of non-special group people and didn't have access to everything I normally would if they are holding giant gatherings and group events. As for what the group is, I could care less - it wouldn't matter to me unless it was a serial killer convention or something like that. :eek:

Recently, someone on CC provided a link to a website that gives info on any type of huge group event that may be taking place during one's cruise to include large group charters.

I was truly amazed at all of the different categories. I checked each and every one just to be aware of any impact it may have on my own trip but I saw nothing whatsoever. I even checked for Quincera's or Bar Mitzvah's at sea. LOL

It wouldn't truly matter to me except for a full on charter that either got my cruise cancelled or was completely overrun with catering more to only a certain segment of the overall cruise population. If no one is messing with my vacation I have no reason or desire to mess with their's. Sometimes it's easier to do the leg work yourself than to depend on expected or assumed "courtesy" when it comes to keeping one informed of EVERY aspect of things.

Edited by DeesEscape

I'm going to chime in here and say that if I were going on a cruise and a very large group of whoever were going to be on board, I'd much prefer to know about it and have the option to reschedule. From what I've read on other threads, very large groups can significantly impact other cruisers as they can take over large swathes of dining rooms and other public spaces. Now that's for a very large group, a few hundred probably wouldn't cause much impact but I would not know firsthand. I would not like to feel like I'm part of the minority of non-special group people and didn't have access to everything I normally would if they are holding giant gatherings and group events. As for what the group is, I could care less - it wouldn't matter to me unless it was a serial killer convention or something like that. :eek:

How about one of those "Alternative (Swinger) Lifestyle Cruises"??? :D

On my last oasis cruise. many people were panicking because there was a radio station group onboard. I did some research. Last year they had a menacing group of 50 total people all in the late 50's LOL what a huge threat.

sometimes people get so worked up. Relax, Enjoy...

young children would probably be more terrified by a dreamworks character than a cross dresser LOL

Our group just found out that probably over half of the ship will be taken over by this Drag Queen cruise. Our group leader read about it on the roll call board. We are all very disappointed that RCCL never bothered to let us know about this HUGE group coming onboard. I thought I should put this on the main board in case someone else doesn't know and wants to cancel. You only have until Nov 9th. I'm really glad we found out before we couldn't cancel without a penalty.

We found out just before our cruise on the Navigator last december that it was also a "drag queen cruise." It didn't bother me or my DH at all and we are in our 60's. In fact, I looked forward to seeing them around the ship. (They are usually beautifully dressed) Anyway, during the 7 days, we only saw one. He was walking into the Schooner Bar. Very classy and dressed to the nines. I almost wanted his autograph. :D

My first reaction to OP's thread was "wow, that would be pretty bad if that happened to me, not knowing a large group was on the ship" but when I really thought about it, no, we'd be drinking and partying, dancing with the drag queens, and DW would be taking LOTS of pics of me carousing and dancing with them....social media would NEVER be the same for me!!! So all in all, I'd have a BLAST!!!

Come to think of it, for fun I'd dress up too!

Edited by johnjen

I was part of the Drag Stars at Sea group featured in this video! It was the most fun I've ever had in my life! I will be on the ship in January, along with my 19 year old daughter! I can't wait! Trust me... you will never see so much glamour and creativity in one place in your life!!!

Last years.

They had a whopping 40people to take over the ship:rolleyes::D

You don't know that. Making that generalization, without knowing any of the participants, is prejudiced. I find it very offensive and in bad taste.

Barring any information to the contrary, LilBlackDress rightly concludes that, like any other group of passengers, they aren't murderers, child molesters or felons! I fail to see how that leads to accusations of prejudice, offensiveness or being in bad taste.

I am booked on this cruise and can't wait! This will be my 4th drag cruise. I am a straight, married woman in her 50's. My husband, 2 sons and their wives are also going. I have made so many new friends, gay and straight, from these cruises. The first time I went, it was to meet the drag queens from RuPaul's Drag Race ( a reality TV show ) I still love seeing the queens, but now I go to meet with my new friends once a year. The shows are private, so children won't be there unless their parents are booked with the group, and choose to take them. Yea, you'll see them at the club. Every drag cruise I've been on, other cruisers were asking to have pictures taken with them. Many wanted to buy tickets for the shows.

That would totally suck going on a cruise with a bunch of AA's! Nobody else would get any coffee. And what about a cruise with a bunch of amputees? Everyone else would have to take the stairs. And don't even get me started about a bunch of cheerleaders all on the same cruise, holy cow that would be awful. And could you imagine cruising with a bunch of close minded judge mental people? Well, never mind the last question.

Where is that like button when I need it.