YTD Waitlisting Question

Towel Critter

My wife and I are waitlisted for Your Time Dining on our upcoming Carnival cruise on Nov. 28th. We've never been waitlisted before, so I'm unfamiliar with it. Should I go to the Maitre' D' as soon as we board to check on this, or simply see him/her in the MDR at the time of our first meal? Also, if all the tables are filled for YTD, will we be automatically assigned either an early or late seating in traditional dining? My wife is platinum. Will this help us get a table in YTD? Or does platinum level not help in this instance? Thanks for your help. :)

Go to the dining room when you board, if they haven't assigned your desired seating. They will do their best to make you happy!

Yes...you've probably already been assigned a traditional seating time....if YTD opens, they will change you.

Go to the dining room when you board, if they haven't assigned your desired seating. They will do their best to make you happy!

Yes...you've probably already been assigned a traditional seating time....if YTD opens, they will change you.

Thanks for your help. Will see Maitre' D' as soon as we board.

We were waitlisted for YTD on our last cruise when we initially booked which was about 3 months out. About a month later I logged on to Carnival to check something else on my booking and noticed it said "confirmed" on YTD instead of "waitlisted" which it had said initially.

Check your listing and if it doesn't change to confirmed then I would suggest going to the dining room as soon as you get on board.

We were waitlisted for YTD on our last cruise when we initially booked which was about 3 months out. About a month later I logged on to Carnival to check something else on my booking and noticed it said "confirmed" on YTD instead of "waitlisted" which it had said initially.

Check your listing and if it doesn't change to confirmed then I would suggest going to the dining room as soon as you get on board.

Thanks. I've checked daily and it is still waitlisted. I will continue to check.

Thanks. I've checked daily and it is still waitlisted. I will continue to check.

I'm wait listed right now as well for my Christmas cruise, and my PVP told me to go to the dining room and let them know you're hit or miss with going to the dining room most nights and you don't want to hold people up at your table with ordering if you decided on the buffet or something else for dinner. She said that should either get us a private table onto YTD. I guess it messes up the process when missing the dining room for dinner and at a table with other people.

I'm wait listed right now as well for my Christmas cruise, and my PVP told me to go to the dining room and let them know you're hit or miss with going to the dining room most nights and you don't want to hold people up at your table with ordering if you decided on the buffet or something else for dinner. She said that should either get us a private table onto YTD. I guess it messes up the process when missing the dining room for dinner and at a table with other people.
Thank you for the info. We tend to be "hit or miss" too on the MDR, so your post is helpful to me. We usually look at the menu ahead of time and decide, based on that and on how busy the day has been, if we want a slow, multi-course dinner, or want to hit the buffet for something relaxed and quick. This is one of the reasons we prefer YTD.

Thank you for the info. We tend to be "hit or miss" too on the MDR, so your post is helpful to me. We usually look at the menu ahead of time and decide, based on that and on how busy the day has been, if we want a slow, multi-course dinner, or want to hit the buffet for something relaxed and quick. This is one of the reasons we prefer YTD.

Exactly. I don't mind the buffet for dinner or room service and hate getting dressed up so I always select YTD for those reasons. I only went to the MDR once on my Alaska cruise. I will probably go a few times since my upcoming cruise is over Christmas and I'm interested in trying the special meals they will have. I booked with only 48 days til the cruise so have never dealt with being waitlisted so that's why I asked my PVP. She said it should help explaining that to the dining staff on embarkation day.

Exactly. I don't mind the buffet for dinner or room service and hate getting dressed up so I always select YTD for those reasons. I only went to the MDR once on my Alaska cruise. I will probably go a few times since my upcoming cruise is over Christmas and I'm interested in trying the special meals they will have. I booked with only 48 days til the cruise so have never dealt with being waitlisted so that's why I asked my PVP. She said it should help explaining that to the dining staff on embarkation day.

We booked our upcoming cruise later than we usually do too. I guess that is the reason for the waitlisting. Only 23 more days for us until Curacao and Aruba on the Conquest. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Conquest has changed. I know it has gotten the 2.0 upgrades. My first Carnival cruise was on the Conquest, back in 2004. This will be our third attempt at Aruba and Curacao, having had to cancel the first two because of sickness in the family. Third time is a charm, they say. Enjoy your Christmas cruise!

We booked our upcoming cruise later than we usually do too. I guess that is the reason for the waitlisting. Only 23 more days for us until Curacao and Aruba on the Conquest. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Conquest has changed. I know it has gotten the 2.0 upgrades. My first Carnival cruise was on the Conquest, back in 2004. This will be our third attempt at Aruba and Curacao, having had to cancel the first two because of sickness in the family. Third time is a charm, they say. Enjoy your Christmas cruise!

You will have a blast. Those are great ports, and good luck on getting YTD!

On my first cruise I was waitlisted for YTD and confirmed for late. I didn't hear anything until I got my room key and found out I had gotten YTD after all. So be sure to check that first before storming off to the dining room.

Also, Platinum status is supposed to help. Good luck to you.

On my first cruise I was waitlisted for YTD and confirmed for late. I didn't hear anything until I got my room key and found out I had gotten YTD after all. So be sure to check that first before storming off to the dining room.

Also, Platinum status is supposed to help. Good luck to you.

Thank you. I hope it turns out to be just that simple. Maybe it will.

A few cruises back we were wait listed for YTD and sought out the Maitre d' when we first boarded.

He said that he would try his hardest to get us switched around by the following evening.

That night we did our scheduled Late Seating and he found us while eating, to tell us that we were in fact switched starting the following night.

When we got back to the cabin there was a note from him as a reminder.

The following evening while at dinner (YTD) he saw us, stopped to say hello and offered us each a glass of wine as a thank you for our patience, in waiting a day.

He definitely went above and beyond to help us out, and the wine was the cherry on top.

A few cruises back we were wait listed for YTD and sought out the Maitre d' when we first boarded.

He said that he would try his hardest to get us switched around by the following evening.

That night we did our scheduled Late Seating and he found us while eating, to tell us that we were in fact switched starting the following night.

When we got back to the cabin there was a note from him as a reminder.

The following evening while at dinner (YTD) he saw us, stopped to say hello and offered us each a glass of wine as a thank you for our patience, in waiting a day.

He definitely went above and beyond to help us out, and the wine was the cherry on top.

Yep. Sounds like you got a fine Maitre' d'. Maybe we will get that lucky.

We were booked for late dining but requested YTD. I put ina request with my TA about 2 weeks ago. I just checked "manage my cruise' and I have already been confirmed on YTD. Now we are waiting for a Spa Balcony upgrade.

But was YTD already full when you switched? That's what we're talking about here. I could switch to late or early dining now too if I wanted, but not YTD because it's full and we were put on a waitlist in the case of any openings.

I hope you can get your spa balcony!

We were booked for late dining but requested YTD. I put ina request with my TA about 2 weeks ago. I just checked "manage my cruise' and I have already been confirmed on YTD. Now we are waiting for a Spa Balcony upgrade.
Good for you. I am happy for your good fortune. :)