Suite Perks..Direct from Royal Carribean

tbill

We are going to be in a Suite on our upcomming VOS cruise. I e-mailed RCI regarding perks and the following is the response I recieved directly from them. Does anyone know what a VIP list is? Here is the list that they provided me with:

Thank you for your email, we apologize for the delay in our response.

Your Suite will have for you:

Robes for use during the cruise

Flowers

VIP list

complimentary water

You will also receive priority embarkation.

As a Suite occupant you also will receive entry into our Concierge club.

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the ship. For their convenience, here

is a brief summary of those services.

Personalized stationary available.

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8am until 10am

Hors d’oeuvres and petit fours served in the lounge, beginning the second evening, before and after dinner respectively

An honor bar (self service bar with no fee) is available for your convenience

Reserved time (does not include private lessons) for Ice Skating and Rock Climbing, please register before the second evening of the cruise

Reservations for Portofino restaurant and Explorations Tours

Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

Tickets for the Ice Show – available in the Concierge Lounge beginning the second night of the cruise

Movies and CD’s are available to borrow during my desk hours that are listed above

Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine

Assistance with arrangement of private parties -Business services (assistant with faxing or copying).

Use of a portable ship phone

The concierge works within the Purser’s division on board and can also help with any cash transactions, special requests or concerns that the guest may have.

*Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Category B or GS and above.

The lounge is accessible twenty-four hours a day with the yellow key given to each guest in these categories. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge, the lounge has also been designated a smoke-free area.

We ask that you kindly check on board, with the Guest Relation’s desk about hosting a small group in your suite.

Hope this information is helpful!

Enjoy your cruise and thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Karen Rea

Customer Service Representative

I emailed RCCL also in regards to hosting a party in my RS. Here is what I got back:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Once onboard, please contact room service to set up the party you want

to hold in your suite.

There will be a Crown and Anchor Society members’ cocktail party to

honor all of our loyal guests, such as yourself. While you are at the

Members’ party, you may invite the guests who you wish to attend your

party. Additionally, a Captain's Reception will be held. The Captain

and his officers will be in attendance at both parties to meet our

guests. To issue an invitation to the Captain and his officers for your

party, you will need to write a letter and give it to a staff member at

the Guest Relations Desk. They will make certain that the Captain

receives it.

Mr. XXXXX we hope that this information helps you and we look

forward to welcoming you onboard the Serenade of the Seas. Thank you for

choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Doris Wilhelm

Customer Service Representative

I am a little PO that they recommend that I just call room service for the party set up. Yet the OP of this thread was told that the concierge would assist with setting up the party. I know its not a big deal but it still bothered me the response that I received.

Trevor,

A week or so prior to your cruise, you will receive an e-mail from your concierge to welcome you aboard and to highlight the concierge services. Send him/her an e-mail back to request assistance with your party. I'm certain that they will accomodate you in any way possible. Also at that time, have them make any Portofino/spa/ice show reservations for you so you'll be all set prior to boarding.

Trevor,

A week or so prior to your cruise, you will receive an e-mail from your concierge to welcome you aboard and to highlight the concierge services. Send him/her an e-mail back to request assistance with your party. I'm certain that they will accomodate you in any way possible. Also at that time, have them make any Portofino/spa/ice show reservations for you so you'll be all set prior to boarding.

Thanks!! I know I am over reacting. I am sure I will have a great time. Unfortunately I will be on the Golden when I get the email from the concierge. I guess I can check my email from the Golden.

Thanks again!

We are going to be in a Suite on our upcomming VOS cruise. I e-mailed RCI regarding perks and the following is the response I recieved directly from them. Does anyone know what a VIP list is?

When I asked RCCL what the VIP list is, they told me it's priority to dining (early or late)--you get what you want, even if that seating is wait listed.

*Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Category B or GS and above.

Isn't the concierge lounge also available to all diamond and diamond plus members as well????????

Your Right !!!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/enrollment/home.do;jsessionid=0000gbr_As3hyeHK-ukk2FV31C6:10kohi76p

I'm sailing in the RS in nine days on the Mariner. I don't believe that RCCL has my e-mail address. Is there another way that the concierge will try to reach me, or could someone give me the e-mail address of the concierge so I can contact them about some arrangements I'd like to make?

Thanks!

Anne

Did you book online, through a TA or with RCI directly?

If online, you can login to your reservation and set your dining preferences and if you're diamond or in a suite, it would almost automatically allow you to reserve your preference. Or call the C&A Loyalty Ambassador at RCI who would be able to handle that for you.

When we cruised on Enchantment last year, out of Ft. Lauderdale, we had priority embarkation with a Junior Suite. They saw our suite tags and ushered us right onboard bypassing the line!

Is this not still the practice?

We are on the 12/10 Legend in an OS. When we made the reservation(jumped

over from the Grandeur originally in a JS) we were told that all that was left was late seating,but we could be waitlisted for main. After we made final payment and changed to OS it was listed Main Seating. I thought we had just got

lucky until I found this thread:)

Is the priority embarkation point pretty obvious when you get to the port

or do the porters direct you when they look at your tags? Just curious how

RCI does things since this is our first time trying them.

When we were on Carnival, they had a Skippers Club for passengers

in suites. We had to get in the lines to go through security, but

they had a seperate table set up after that for us, took 5 minutes! Didn't have to wait for a letter to be called to get on the ship either, so that was nice.

Well, we leave tomorrow morning for San Juan and a cruise on AOS in a GS. Our TA has our email address and so does Royal Caribbean. We have not received any email from the concierge and had hoped we would so that we could ask him to tell our steward we wanted the egg crate mattresses.

So...Trevor, I hope you have better luck than we have had. It was nice to learn that there would be flowers in the suite, though.

Nancy

Archived