Suite Perks..Direct from Royal Carribean

tbill

Smoothdancer, you are so right in your statement, that if you want all of the perks and services that go along with a suite, book a line like SilverSea. My DW and I book suites on RCCL for the room size, not all of the goodies that I don't expect anyway. We have booked suites in hotels (not mini suites, full suites) here in the US and in other countries around the world. These are not "Presidential" suites, but paying upward of $1,000 per night, which is what we pay for a RS on RCCL. The goodies are a highly upgraded bathroom (which you get on RCCL, sort of) a great view, spacious room, bathrobes, slippers. We still pay for any item used from the mini bar in the refer, and any food that we order from room service. That's free on RCCL.

There are cruise lines that give you free booze, wait on you hand and foot, and you pay for that service. SilverSea, Radisson, Crystal, Seabourn. A 7 night cruise on the Seabourn Spirit, in their OS, the best, which is 575 square feet is a little more than $30,000. Let's see, that's a little more than $4,285 a night. For that, all the goodies are included!!

I do agree that RCCL should have a better set of rules of what to expect in the OS and RS, their two top catagories.

Rick

Is there that much money in the world??? I thought because of your name RICK, someone might mix us up...!!! No chance:) Happy sailing is in your future;) ;) Ricko1

Well, we leave tomorrow morning for San Juan and a cruise on AOS in a GS. Our TA has our email address and so does Royal Caribbean. We have not received any email from the concierge and had hoped we would so that we could ask him to tell our steward we wanted the egg crate mattresses.

So...Trevor, I hope you have better luck than we have had. It was nice to learn that there would be flowers in the suite, though.

Nancy

Cincy40, please give a review of AOS when you return. We are a group of 25 going next July. I have read some mixed reviews re the condition of the ship so would appreciate your comments. Thanks. Have a great time.

I've been getting E-Mails from the concierge on the Navigator for about a week and a half. She allowed me to pre-book spa appointments and dinner reservations at Chops and Portifinos.

The concierge on Explorer did so as well. I had tix for the ice show, spa appointments and two portofino reservations before I even boarded. Good concierge service is awesome. They will also book last minute excursions for you if you wish.

Fritz265- thanks for the reply on the concerierge. How do I know if they will email me? I booked through aol travel/travelocity- and we have an owner's suite. I would love to have the things booked like you did prior to boarding. I am also hosting a small get-together in my cabin- can they help with that also ahead of time? how do they get your email and do you have to call rccl with it. we have done all the online registration and have printed our set and sail pass also. thanks for any info.

Fritz265- thanks for the reply on the concerierge. How do I know if they will email me? I booked through aol travel/travelocity- and we have an owner's suite. I would love to have the things booked like you did prior to boarding. I am also hosting a small get-together in my cabin- can they help with that also ahead of time? how do they get your email and do you have to call rccl with it. we have done all the online registration and have printed our set and sail pass also. thanks for any info.

Maybe you can call RCCL and get the concierge's email address.Send him an email and let him know you would like to book some appointments ahead of time.

I always book directly through RCI's website so they have my e-mail address already. Your concierge on Explorer is Martin Sanchez and he is incredible. His e-mail address is: EX_Concierge@rccl.com

Wait until about three days before your cruise to contact him as he'll be preparing at that time to contact all suite and diamond guests for your cruise then. Have fun in your OS. It's an awesome room on an awesome ship!

FYI: This is what I receive via e-mail a few days prior to sailing:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. *******,

I look forward to welcoming you onboard the beautiful Explorer of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is Martin Sanchez and I will be your Concierge next week. As the Concierge, I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have. As a Concierge Club guest you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Explorer of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Club Lounge.

· Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily until 11:00 am.

· Hors d’oeuvres served in the lounge from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm each evening.

· A complimentary bar setup available in the lounge from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm each evening.

· (**) Assistance with reservations for Portofino Italian restaurant. As some of the reservations fill quickly, on the first day of your cruise vacation it is advisable to make reservations as soon as possible by dialing the restaurants directly. However, if you are already aware of when you would like to dine in either of these venues, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to secure a reservation for you.

· Assistance with Explorations! Bookings. As some tours fill quickly, on the first day it is advisable to book tours directly through the RCTV menu on your stateroom television. However, if you are already aware of which tour you would like to book, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to accommodate you as long as it is available.

· Appointments for Salon or Spa treatments. As some treatments fill quickly, on the first day of your cruise vacation it is advisable to book these as soon as possible by visiting the Spa on deck directly. However, if you are already aware of a treatment you would like on a particular day, please e-mail me back prior to boarding and I will be more than happy to secure an appoinment. For your convenience, I have attached a copy of the menus of services offered by the Spa.

· Tickets for the “Planet Ice” Show.

· Specialized Ice Skating times, to participate in the self skate activities.

· DVDs and CDs available to borrow during my office hours.

· Daily menus displayed.

· Assistance with the arrangement of private parties.

· Personalized Discover Shopping advice.

· Business services – I will be happy to arrange for any faxing or copying.

· Possibility of charging your gratuities directly onto your SeaPass account, no later than Friday, midnight.

Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Grand Suite and above. The lounge is accessible twenty-four hours a day with a red key enclosed to a folder placed in your suite on boarding day. Due to the adult-orientated atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages between 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm each evening, only guests 18 years and above are permitted at this time. During all other times, we request that an adult accompany children under the age of 18. We respectfully request that guests use proper footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge. The lounge has also been designated a smoke-free area.

I look forward to meeting you and hope you have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Explorer of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Martin Sanchez,

Concierge

Explorer of the Seas

Aaahhh.........be sure to show the dock attendent that you have the RS. They will immediately take all carry on items and lead you to the first available agent, who will issue your SeaPasses, then (if trumpets are available) announce your arrival. You will be wisked to the first available elevator, off on your floor and proceed to your cabin,.............where.....your steward will meet you. Take in the beauty of the cabin itself, the wet bar, the couches, the player piano,the seperate bedroom, the bathroom with your own private jacuzzi, the nice towels, the heavy cotton bathrobes. Be sure to notice the "upgraded" shampoo, conditioner and extra cotton swabs. Then step out on to your balcony, and notice that you are right next to the starboard bridge wing. If you are docked on that side, watch the ships Captain at work. Let's see, what other perks............oh, you should get some sort of appitizers each afternoon. If there wasn't a bottle of champagne when you arrived in your cabin, or at least by 4PM of the day of sailing, just yell over your balcony to the Captain and complain. Tell the Captian that you thought you were to get a free one. No.........seriously, outside of the beautiful cabin itself, RCCl does not have many amenities as some of the other cruise lines do.

However, if you want a private dinner in your suite, that can be arrainged. Same with breakfast. Want friends in for a cocktail party. Make the arraingements with the head of Guest Relations.

We enjoy having either an OS or RS and don't expect to be waited on.

If you wish dinner with the Captain, and you are in a RS, ask the Head of Guest Relations on the first night. That is the only cabin that GR will discuss with the Captain, just because you are in the RS. Please don't expect it even if your are in the RS.

Other items include priority departure and priority tender tickets. Dinner seating is guaranteed at the table and time of your choice.

We have enjoyed the RS on a sister ship of the Grandeur, it is truly a beautiful space. As first time cruisers, please excuse my slight bit of humor in a few places. The will not play trumpets while you board. If this is your first time ever cruise, let RCCl know that upfront. Tell your TA to tell them, and let the head of Guest Relations know that when he/she greets you. Sometimes RCCl will go out of their way to give you VIP treatment, to prove to you that they you want to come back again.

Have a wonderful trip and let us know how you enjoyed it. If I can answer any other questions, feel free to email me.

Rick

Rick,

Thank you sooooo much. Yes, this is our first time EVER cruise. What a way to start. I might be spoiled for life. I will follow all of your advice. I, too, don't expect to be waited on. We really did it for the space as we are traveling with a 6 yo and 19 yo. My husband would love to do dinner with the captain so I will mention that as we get on the ship. I have to say that I will be mighty disappointed if the trumpets don't blare. Can I even request a specific song? (Smile, can't figure out how to add a smile here) Can't wait for the adventure to beging!

My wife and I are sailing on our first cruise five days from now on the Voyager. We booked a Grand Suite.

This cruise being in celebration of our tenth anniversary, I also purchased a romance package, the one that includes flowers and robes.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if these items are included as amenities for a Grand Suite. A couple of the posts seemed to indicate that.

Again, I'm a first time cruiser and am a bit confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn

My wife and I are sailing on our first cruise five days from now on the Voyager. We booked a Grand Suite.

This cruise being in celebration of our tenth anniversary, I also purchased a romance package, the one that includes flowers and robes.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if these items are included as amenities for a Grand Suite. A couple of the posts seemed to indicate that.

Again, I'm a first time cruiser and am a bit confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn

Glenn, I really think the romance packages are a waste of $$. You can carry on a bottle of champagne or wine for free. You can also request robes (allbeit you cannot keep them) for your cabin. Room service is free, and they have a flower cart where you can purchase flowers for your room.

You are in a FANTASTIC cabin, that alone will be enough to celebrate your anniversary. However, it's up to you, others have posted excellent reviews on the Romance Package.

And you get access to the concierge lounge, nice!

Congratulations on your anniversary :D

###

Rick,

Thank you sooooo much. Yes, this is our first time EVER cruise. What a way to start. I might be spoiled for life. I will follow all of your advice. I, too, don't expect to be waited on. We really did it for the space as we are traveling with a 6 yo and 19 yo. My husband would love to do dinner with the captain so I will mention that as we get on the ship. I have to say that I will be mighty disappointed if the trumpets don't blare. Can I even request a specific song? (Smile, can't figure out how to add a smile here) Can't wait for the adventure to beging!

I just checked and cannot correspond directly with you. If you wish additional help, please contact me directly at rby1@earthlink.net

What we did with our children on the last cruise, was to have our cabin dining table set up for our adult children, to be served as they would in the dining room, while we had dinner with the Captain. Just a thought.

Rick

I just checked and cannot correspond directly with you. If you wish additional help, please contact me directly at rby1@earthlink.net

What we did with our children on the last cruise, was to have our cabin dining table set up for our adult children, to be served as they would in the dining room, while we had dinner with the Captain. Just a thought.

Rick

Just as an FYI, I just got off the Mariner, and was absolutely refused any food service in our room that wasn't on the room service menu. We wanted to dine in our room one night, and were told we couldn't get food from the dining room delivered. (We were in teh Royal Suite)

Also, if you've sailed other lines, you might be disappointed. They bring the food in on trays and dump them on the table like they would for any other cabin. No table cloths. Expect Holiday Inn style room service. On DCL, when they deliver room service to your suite, they set your table with a table cloth, salt and pepper shakers, very nicely done. They will also allow you to order off any dining room menu.

The only extra you'll get in a suite on RCCL is more room and bathrobes. Not worth the price by any means. I wish we had spent a little more to get a LOT more with another line. I won't be back on RCCL.

A few other notes...there was no priority departure. In fact due to a medical emergency we were three hours late returning to port. We were not allowed to wait in the private lounge with Platinum guests. We sat in the Solarium for over three hours. Our "priority debarkation" was Red 2, hardly early. We were denied priorty tender as well. We got a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine in our cabin, that's it. We got a fruit plate, a cheese plate, and a small plate with half a dozen finger desserts, that was it--so only three of seven days did we get anything. When you order cheese and crackers from room service, it's packages of saltines with some cheese, really pathetic.

In fact the food in general is terrible. I called one marning asking for something for breakfast not on the room service menu, french toast, which they have in the Windjammer, and was told no. In fact, I heard "No" more than yes or we'll try. It seemed that pretty much everything I asked for was met with "no". And I wasn't asking for much--I hardly think an order of French Toast is outrageous!

Many of the things promised to me by RCCL when I booked--five full sized bottles of alcohol in my cabin, priority this and that, etc. were not only not delivered, but when I asked I was met with "No".

I will spend my cruise dollars with another line from now on. I am just not at all happy with the experience we had.

Anne

Just as an FYI, I just got off the Mariner, and was absolutely refused any food service in our room that wasn't on the room service menu. We wanted to dine in our room one night, and were told we couldn't get food from the dining room delivered. (We were in teh Royal Suite)

Also, if you've sailed other lines, you might be disappointed. They bring the food in on trays and dump them on the table like they would for any other cabin. No table cloths. Expect Holiday Inn style room service. On DCL, when they deliver room service to your suite, they set your table with a table cloth, salt and pepper shakers, very nicely done. They will also allow you to order off any dining room menu.

The only extra you'll get in a suite on RCCL is more room and bathrobes. Not worth the price by any means. I wish we had spent a little more to get a LOT more with another line. I won't be back on RCCL.

A few other notes...there was no priority departure. In fact due to a medical emergency we were three hours late returning to port. We were not allowed to wait in the private lounge with Platinum guests. We sat in the Solarium for over three hours. Our "priority debarkation" was Red 2, hardly early. We were denied priorty tender as well. We got a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine in our cabin, that's it. We got a fruit plate, a cheese plate, and a small plate with half a dozen finger desserts, that was it--so only three of seven days did we get anything. When you order cheese and crackers from room service, it's packages of saltines with some cheese, really pathetic.

In fact the food in general is terrible. I called one marning asking for something for breakfast not on the room service menu, french toast, which they have in the Windjammer, and was told no. In fact, I heard "No" more than yes or we'll try. It seemed that pretty much everything I asked for was met with "no". And I wasn't asking for much--I hardly think an order of French Toast is outrageous!

Many of the things promised to me by RCCL when I booked--five full sized bottles of alcohol in my cabin, priority this and that, etc. were not only not delivered, but when I asked I was met with "No".

I will spend my cruise dollars with another line from now on. I am just not at all happy with the experience we had.

Anne

Wow............I am amazed. You deserve much better treatment that that.

You need to let someone know in Miami of the service that you received, and work something out with RCCL. Did the head of Guest Relations meet you in your cabin and check on you and the things that Miami had told you that would be forthcoming with your cabin? Who kept telling you "no"? We have never sailed RCCL except in an OS or RS and have never

received the type of treatment that you are talking about.

What, if anything did any members of RCCL do for you, from the time that you showed your paperwork at the dock, indicating that you had the RS?

Anything besides the free bottle of champagne? If this type of behavior became the norm, I would be surprised that anyone would want to cruise in the RS. Was this the first time you have sailed on RCCL? Were the things promissed you by RCCL done so in writing? I hope that you will be able to get things resolved.

Rick

Anne

I have booked a Grand Suite cabin on the Jewel for 30th April on 14 day cruise to Europe and the same category on the Legent from UK to Tampa, again a 14 day cruise, the following October. Because of what I have read here I have now e-mailed RCCL asking them exactly what I get in a GS cabin on both ships. Anyone with a problem must in my view take it up with RCCL (and TA if applicable) and not let them off the hook and tell them exactly what you think of them and tell them it will all appear in the various web sites on the net.

Anyone been in a GS cabin on the Jewel or Legent?:confused:

Wow............I am amazed. You deserve much better treatment that that.

You need to let someone know in Miami of the service that you received, and work something out with RCCL. Did the head of Guest Relations meet you in your cabin and check on you and the things that Miami had told you that would be forthcoming with your cabin? Who kept telling you "no"? We have never sailed RCCL except in an OS or RS and have never

received the type of treatment that you are talking about.

What, if anything did any members of RCCL do for you, from the time that you showed your paperwork at the dock, indicating that you had the RS?

Anything besides the free bottle of champagne? If this type of behavior became the norm, I would be surprised that anyone would want to cruise in the RS. Was this the first time you have sailed on RCCL? Were the things promissed you by RCCL done so in writing? I hope that you will be able to get things resolved.

Rick

We got to the port and checked in, and were told to wait in an area for someone to come get us. Twenty five minutes later the Loyalty Ambassador came and escorted us to our suite, and left us there after telling us to have a good cruise. There was a bottle of merlot from the "Housekeeping staff" and a bottle of champagne on ice from someone else, no other alcohol was there, or provided during the cruise, except in the concierge lounge. Around 5:00 they brought a small fruit plate. Bathrobes were in the room, we had to request slippers. They had no ladies sizes. We had to have maintanence in four times that day--burned out lightbulbs (some weren't fixed through the entire cruise) the plasma TV died before we left port (they did get it working again) the safe locked and wouldn't reopen--there was an error with the computer that they had to fix, and something else--I can't even remember what. More on the room later.

Dinner that night was OK, I had the alternate chicken, although I heard it got worse through the week, and ended up really dry and nasty. The food in general was poor. The Windjammer was TERRIBLE--my guess is that homeless people get better food in a soup kitchen. Yes, that bad, and cold, always. The main dining room was OK, maybe the level of Denny's. Chops and Portofino were good, but not great, I can get much, much better food at home.

Met the concierge, Yury, who we really liked.

The next day we were at sea, I had a spa appointment, they left me sitting in a chair outside the spa (not in the "relaxation room") for about 20 minutes past my appointment time.

Went to the Meet and Mingle, they had double the people they had chairs for, and not everyone even showed up.

Yury helped me plan a party in our suite for the next day, they provided punch, lemonade and iced tea free of charge, we paid for a veggie plate, canapes, and something else.

Sandra, our cabin attendent stocked us up with soda and bottled water, in fact we had enough soda for the rest of the cruise with over half left, the bottled water we did have to request more of a couple times.

Had to have maintenence come again, because the drain in the shower was so clogged it would overflow. The doors in the master bathroom weren't aligned right and wouldn't shut, so they just banged around all night. The rubber stoppers did not hold them open, they just slid around on the marble floor.

They had put new pillows on our bed, as I've got asthma and allergies, they did handle that pretty well--except the last morning at breakfast when the guy who came around with the pastries practically yelled at me when I told him I needed pastries out of the kitchen that hadn't been in contact with the ones on the tray that were covered in nuts. Had he been my server earlier in the week I would have walked out of the dining room and probably gotten off the ship at the first port. Also we asked for a table for two when we got to the DR, and instead were seated with a group of senior citizens who all knew each other.

Called Monday morning for a pot of tea (no food, just tea) and was told 40 minutes for delivery. That was outrageous. On DCL it would be delivered within five.

Never met the Guest services manager, and had a very embarrassing experience involving the captain that was never resolved--we were given an invitation to the bridge tour (had to ask for it, and even that turned into a big kerfuffle), our invitation was hand delivered to me by the Captain's Admin, and we spoke for a few minutes--my NYC accent makes it pretty obvious that I'm at least from the USA.. We showed up and were the only English speaking people in the group--the rest were Norwegian. Then we were treated like we shouldn't be there, almost like we were tresspassing. We were asked to come back later as part of an English speaking group, were given the wrong place to meet, and ended up feeling embarressed as by the time we got hold of someone to tell us where we should be, we walked in during the middle of it. Got a lot of excuses but no apology-which was really all I was looking for.

Had a lot of problems with the cyber cabin--two units, neither worked with either laptop--both with different configurations, so it wasn't us. Finally gave up and went with the wireless, which wasn't as convenient, and had problems with that the second time we tried to use it. They were good about trying to help (except the first day when we were told they would "get to us when they could"), so I can't complain too much about that, other than some inconvenience.

We weren't able to read our folios on the TV, it wouldn't scroll past the third item on the list. So three times I had to stand in line to get a printout to keep track of my son's charges.

The surround sound isn't working right in the living room, the ship reeks of smoke--it's hard to get away from it, even in non-smoking areas. Also, the music played in public areas is SO LOUD that you can't even converse without shouting--that includes the dining room.

The last day when we were so late arriving in port and knew we'd have a long wait to get off the ship, we asked guest services if there was anywhere we could wait except the theatres and were told no--and they knew we were in the RS. Inquired about the lounge for Platinum and Diamond members, and were again told no. They directed us to the theatres, we decided no way and went to the Solarium. By this time I was getting angry with being told No to everything. Sat in the Solarium for three hours, the solarium ladies room was locked had to use the one by the Windjammer which had overflowing trash cans and ran out of TP before we got off. There was no food or beverage service, we had eaten at 6:30 and were getting hungry and thirsty.

Originally got baggage tags that were brown 2--very late, asked for earlier and was handed red 2. Wasn't much better. IMHO we should have been given the option of pretty much whatever we wanted.

Got off the ship and waited in line after line after line to clear customs--and then the conveyor broke and waited by the belt for another almost half an hour for our luggage. Also the escalator broke right after we got off it. The terminal wasn't very clean.

In all honesty, I think I could have cruised on Carnival for $2000 less and had the same experience.

We were never made to feel like we were valued guests. In many circumstances we felt like we were incoveniencing them, for things that we shouldn't have even had to ask for--like getting obvious problems with the cabin fixed!

I know I'm missing a lot of things, my husband has a list of "little things" which added up to a negative experience, and yes, we will be writing to them. I don't want anything from them, except to let them know that we won't be back, and why, so hopefully others will not have the experience we did. It's too late for us.

It was my first trip on RCCL, and some of the things described as RS perks in their literature either weren't delivered or we had to ask--sometimes more than once--for them. We were also told about other things orally which never materialized. I wasn't going to further ruin my vacation by arguing with them, I'll just speak with my wallet the next time. We were planning a two week Hawaii cruise in a RS on the X Summit, I'm going to use that $16K for another line.

Anne

Wow. That's pretty bad. I've never sailed in the RS but always stay in an OS and get excellent service. Mind you, we don't ask for much either so we never had a problem. I tend to lean on the concierge to take care of special requests and if you have a good one, they'll take care of you. Whether you're in the RS, OS or an inside cabin, nobody promises 5 minute room service. I consider my money spent on the the OS as paying for the square footage, not private butler service. RCI clearly states that room service offers a limited menu and, on occasion, will allow meals from the dining room menu. For the size, the RS can be a good deal if you're getting it for the right reasons.

With that said, I too, would expect a "bit" more attention if I were sailing in the RS so I'm disappointed in hearing about your experience.

Frankly, I've always been treated very well in an OS and we have a good time.

Wow. That's pretty bad. I've never sailed in the RS but always stay in an OS and get excellent service. Mind you, we don't ask for much either so we never had a problem. I tend to lean on the concierge to take care of special requests and if you have a good one, they'll take care of you. Whether you're in the RS, OS or an inside cabin, nobody promises 5 minute room service. I consider my money spent on the the OS as paying for the square footage, not private butler service. RCI clearly states that room service offers a limited menu and, on occasion, will allow meals from the dining room menu. For the size, the RS can be a good deal if you're getting it for the right reasons.

With that said, I too, would expect a "bit" more attention if I were sailing in the RS so I'm disappointed in hearing about your experience.

Frankly, I've always been treated very well in an OS and we have a good time.

I wasn't expecting butler service. But being told 40 minutes for a pot of tea was ridiculous. And we were refused dinner from the dining room in our suite, which we had been told we could do when we booked. On most other lines, someone in an upper suite can get full meals delivered, not just the room service menu that is offered to everyone. We had been led to believe this was the case, and it wasn't. We asked teh concierge to intervene for us for dinner in the suite, she couldn't get them to budge either.

In all honesty, we really could have had the same experience booking an inside stateroom. As I said, I wasn't expecting butler service, but I was expecting at least a somewhat higher level of experience than what was offered to everyone else onboard.

Anne

I wasn't expecting butler service. But being told 40 minutes for a pot of tea was ridiculous. And we were refused dinner from the dining room in our suite, which we had been told we could do when we booked. On most other lines, someone in an upper suite can get full meals delivered, not just the room service menu that is offered to everyone. We had been led to believe this was the case, and it wasn't. We asked teh concierge to intervene for us for dinner in the suite, she couldn't get them to budge either.

In all honesty, we really could have had the same experience booking an inside stateroom. As I said, I wasn't expecting butler service, but I was expecting at least a somewhat higher level of experience than what was offered to everyone else onboard.

Anne

I tend to agree with you that dining in your room off the the evening's menu (in the RS no less) is not too much to ask for the price one pays for the accomodations whether that service is permitted elsewhere or not. I also would expect some "priority" on room service in that level of accomodation as well.

I usually ordered breakfast in the suite every morning and since we scheduled in advance all week, service was always right on time and hot. I will say that the cheese trays that we received looked like they'd been sitting out for two days and we never touched them anyway. We did have to ask the room steward to refill water and sodas from our fridge several times but otherwise, our service was adequate.

Dukelite.......This is a very sad story, and needs the attention of some of the senior staff in Miami. Shipboard heads need to roll, if you can prove parts of your story. I hope you have names to pass on. I would start by calling RCCL and asking for the name of the Vice President of Guest Services, or Customer Relations. You could try getting these names from one of their staff members such as Leslie Kats at 305-539-6574 or Elizabeth Jakeway at 305-539-6127. Ask either of these ladies for the proper person to direct your letter to. Copy the letter to Adam M. Goldstein, President RCCL. Send these letters out Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested. Your letter should be straight forward, and non threatening. I can guarantee if Jack Williams were still president, he would get to the bottom of the situation, and some of the staff would be looking for jobs elsewhere. RCCL just doesn't treat their best guests as you have described. I have sailed in nothing but OS and RS with RCCL and never have I experienced anything like you are describing.

I hope this direction will help you.

Rick

I do have some names to pass on both for good service and bad. I am not trying to say nothing on our cruise was good. We were exceedingly well cared for by one of the bartenders in Vintages. We liked our cabin attendant, and the concierge really tried to help us out. We also thought the guy who handled food service in the concierge lounge was a gem, and we tipped him accordingly, although don't think many others did, he seemed surprised and very grateful for the gesture. Overall we really enjoyed the lounge.

As I said earlier, even though we had several Internet related issues, the guest relations people really tried their best to help us out--other than the first day when my husband called and was basically blown off.

My three biggest complaints is that the food was overall fair at best (that also takes into consideration Portofino and Chops, which we ate at twice as we couldn't deal with the food in the main dining room another night, skewing the grade upwards), the noise level was simply atrocious, and the cabin had some serious maintanence issues--although it was very clean.

After that are just being told "No" every time I turned around for simple things like getting French Toast from room service in the morning. I could understand if I was asking for eggs Benedict, but I was asking for something they were already making! And that things were in writing when we booked, liked flowers in the room and priority debarkation and tendering for example, and we never got them.

Had it been one or two issues, I wouldn't be as upset as I am. But it was a whole handful of things--just little things like never being able to find salt and pepper in the Windjammer--they seem to have one pair of shakers for every three tables, and having teh guy at the Cafe Promenade tell me at 7:30 on the last day that my Sea Pass won't work anymore when I try to buy a cup of tea. "Um...they work until 9:00am, why don't you just try it" I tell him. Of course it worked, and he just shrugged his shoulders, never even apologizing.

It just ended up being a vacation full of hassles. Now don't get me wrong, I know "Shoot Happens", but this vacation seemed to be a whole pile of shoot from a very large elephant, rather than a few droppings from the neighbors dog.

Anne

I do have some names to pass on both for good service and bad. I am not trying to say nothing on our cruise was good. We were exceedingly well cared for by one of the bartenders in Vintages. We liked our cabin attendant, and the concierge really tried to help us out. We also thought the guy who handled food service in the concierge lounge was a gem, and we tipped him accordingly, although don't think many others did, he seemed surprised and very grateful for the gesture. Overall we really enjoyed the lounge.

As I said earlier, even though we had several Internet related issues, the guest relations people really tried their best to help us out--other than the first day when my husband called and was basically blown off.

My three biggest complaints is that the food was overall fair at best (that also takes into consideration Portofino and Chops, which we ate at twice as we couldn't deal with the food in the main dining room another night, skewing the grade upwards), the noise level was simply atrocious, and the cabin had some serious maintanence issues--although it was very clean.

After that are just being told "No" every time I turned around for simple things like getting French Toast from room service in the morning. I could understand if I was asking for eggs Benedict, but I was asking for something they were already making! And that things were in writing when we booked, liked flowers in the room and priority debarkation and tendering for example, and we never got them.

Had it been one or two issues, I wouldn't be as upset as I am. But it was a whole handful of things--just little things like never being able to find salt and pepper in the Windjammer--they seem to have one pair of shakers for every three tables, and having teh guy at the Cafe Promenade tell me at 7:30 on the last day that my Sea Pass won't work anymore when I try to buy a cup of tea. "Um...they work until 9:00am, why don't you just try it" I tell him. Of course it worked, and he just shrugged his shoulders, never even apologizing.

It just ended up being a vacation full of hassles. Now don't get me wrong, I know "Shoot Happens", but this vacation seemed to be a whole pile of shoot from a very large elephant, rather than a few droppings from the neighbors dog.

Anne

If I were an RS guest, I wouldn't have allowed such nonsense. I would have someone from the sr. staff standing in my doorway tap-dancing. I know that it's not RCI's policy to treat ANY guest this way, let alone someone in their highest accomodation. You definitely need to say something, ESPECIALLY if you do not intend to cruise with them again as a result of your experience. Please let us know how things turn out as this could affect my desire to every book an RS in the future.

(BTW: They make eggs benedict every morning too. Served in the dining room. That wouldn't have been too much to ask either).

If I were an RS guest, I wouldn't have allowed such nonsense. I would have someone from the sr. staff standing in my doorway tap-dancing. I know that it's not RCI's policy to treat ANY guest this way, let alone someone in their highest accomodation. You definitely need to say something, ESPECIALLY if you do not intend to cruise with them again as a result of your experience. Please let us know how things turn out as this could affect my desire to every book an RS in the future.

(BTW: They make eggs benedict every morning too. Served in the dining room. That wouldn't have been too much to ask either).

Fritz265, we may have more experience cruising in RCCL's best accomodations and know what to expect, and probably know how to ask for the service expected. It is a travesty that it was ducklite's first experience on RCCL let alone that fact that they booked the "best of the house" expecting to be treated well. They need to let Miami know about this, whether they ever again cruise with RCCL or not!

Ducklite, please keep us posted as to the outcome with RCCL.

Rick

Rick,

These post make me a little nervous as my husband will have a cow if we are treated this way on our 1st cruise and after paying the money for the RS. If things like this do happen what should we do?

(And thanks for the email address. I have written it down and will get in touch with you as we get nearer and the questions start coming. I really appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your posts.)

Melissa

Not to beat a dead horse, but I remember the fourth thing wrong with our room the first day--the TV in the bedroom was stuck up. Come to find out it's broken and stuck that way. It's a plasma, and they give off a glow even when shut off, so darkness was never complete, even in the middle of the night. :(

Anne

Archived