Suite Perks..Direct from Royal Carribean

tbill

In reality, it depends on your concierge. Some will allow it although they're not authorized as a courtesy to you, the suite guests. Some will say something, some won't.

There's a whole thread about bringing people into the conciege lounge....and it's not pretty. Good Luck.

I've been getting E-Mails from the concierge on the Navigator for about a week and a half. She allowed me to pre-book spa appointments and dinner reservations at Chops and Portifinos.

WOW! That is really something. What suite did you book? That sounds like a wonderful perk.

Well Ijust hope I get a few fin things in my GS onmy upcoming cruise. The concierge room is what I am looking forward to. The big bathroom will be cool as well.

I booked a GS on the Jewel next year for one thing and that was the extra space. The Loyalty Ambassador on the Navigator went over exactly what one can expect in this cabin. Basically the larger space and the use of the Concierge are the highlights for booking this cabin. I already get the priority embarkation/debarkation due to being Platinum. It was nice last week walking off of the Navigator at 7:00 AM.

• 1 month later...

Must admit - several posts here worry me.

At the moment I am booked into the Royal Suite on Radiance - I am sure it will be very nice (my daughter will enjoy playing the piano) - but my concern is items such as no priority embarkation/debarkation as has been mentioned - no priority tendering - in fact it sounds like you get the stateroom and that is it.

Okay one gets the concierge lounge - but with two children (9 & 7) they are too young to take advantage.

I guess I have to forget the fact that I am in the royal suite and pretend that it isn't - then anything I do get will be a bonus :)

At the moment I am booked into the Royal Suite on Radiance - I am sure it will be very nice (my daughter will enjoy playing the piano) - but my concern is items such as no priority embarkation/debarkation as has been mentioned - no priority tendering - in fact it sounds like you get the stateroom and that is it.

Okay one gets the concierge lounge - but with two children (9 & 7) they are too young to take advantage.

I guess I have to forget the fact that I am in the royal suite and pretend that it isn't - then anything I do get will be a bonus :)

I had a few emails and telephone conversations with Bob Tavadia from RCI last October. Below is a copy of his email to me. I asked him about the lack of fleetwide consistency with suite amenities and the fact that some passengers receive what is promised and others do not. They now offer a bottle of champagne instead of complete bar set up and he said this has been received well. You can email or call him if you disagree. You can also print his response to me and bring it with you to show any staff members who claim that there is no priority embarkation/debarkation.

Dotsie

10/18/2005

As agreed this is a follow up to our verbal conversation. In our company we

constantly work on enhancing amenities and services provided to our guests

at various stages of their vacation experience. We ensure that service

standards are consistent across the fleet. Our leisure and vacation

industry has changing trends year over year.

We have established standardization in the fleet when it comes to Suite and

Concierge lounge amenities. Occassionally when our guests have experienced

certain items as amenities on their previous cruises may notice a change

during their next sailing. As stated previously we change our amenities

program offering newer products or enhancements all the time.

Things that our guests have liked or enjoyed previously are still available

onboard. We offer various ways of allowing our guests to experience those

type of products. In early 05 we enhanced our amenities & services by

adding a lot more items then just the bar set up. This has been received

well .

Amenities include a bottle of champagne, culinary delights, deluxe bath

robes, Duvets covers, upgraded towels, priority check in & expedited

departure, access to Concierge lounge on our Voyager and Radiance class

vessels, priority tender tickets just to name a few.

I hope this information is helpful and we look forward to hosting you

onboard one of our vessels in the near future.

~~~~~

Thanks for your response - I am currently working with our Web

team and we will post the complete list of amenities on our website for all

guests to view. You are right in your comments about consistency. I have

spoken to our teams in reservations and we will ensure that all of our

agents are trained in being able to respond to queries such as yours, and

we do give out information in a consistent manner.

With regard to your suggestions and comments on product deliveries, we will

certainly circle back with the ships to ensure that they are delivering and

meeting our guests expectations.

Regards

Bob Tavadia

Director Guest Services - Hotel

Office - 3059822115

E-Mail: btavadia@rccl.com

You get priority embarkation - there is a separate check-in line for Platinum/Diamond C&A Society members and suites. I'm not sure about the tendering/disembarkation because we're at the Diamond level and get them for that. If you don't and need to disembark early to catch an early flight, you should be able to get the white tags or red tags from the purser's desk to be first off.

We enjoyed the RS on EOS, but were completely underwhelmed with the service. We've had better in lesser category suites, so our expectations were too high. Really the only difference we had from what our daughter (in an inside cabin) received was the palatial suite - yes, a huge plus - but that's all I would expect again in an RS; BUT the Radiance sounds like such a lovely ship with above average service, that you may be luckier!

Archived