Suite Perks..Direct from Royal Carribean

tbill

Same experience as others in RS - I think the deal now is that the main perk (aside from fabulous room/balcony/hot tub!) is the Concierge Lounge, same as for any other suite. Our room steward was about the same as in other categories. The concierge was very helpful with anything we asked for.

We were disappointed in the lack of "special treatment" in the RS, but quickly got over it. Not a big deal - UNLESS you were told to expect it - totally agree RCCL should get its act together!

Haven't been fortunate enough to have a RS as yet, but I can tell you this. If I were spending that kind of $$$ on a suite, I would want a list of "perks" in writing. If I found upon boarding that these perks were "no longer available," you can bet your next trip that they would have to pry my butt away from the purser's desk until I got every last item!

Is there a Concierge Club on the Soverign of the Seas?

Regarding water: Does anyone know if in a grand suite if the complimentary water is just as you board, or if it is replenished the whole trip?

I can't wait....we depart Friday for three days in a grande suite. :)

We had a grand suite on Voyager and there was no bottled water in the room (maybe in the mini fridge but didn't look) that I could see. But the Consierge lounge had it so we would grab a few for the room.

• 2 weeks later...

IM sorry I may have missed this but.....Do you get priority boarding with a JS on the NOS? We were on Rhapsody this past Jan and we did. Just for that perk alone I think the xtra $ is worth it if we had to do a GS.

IM sorry I may have missed this but.....Do you get priority boarding with a JS on the NOS? We were on Rhapsody this past Jan and we did. Just for that perk alone I think the xtra $ is worth it if we had to do a GS.

We were on the Navigator in Sept and had a JS. We received priority boarding. It was great.

We just booked our first cruise on Grandeur in the RS (got a fantastic deal) for January. I have read many things about "suite perks". What should you expect in this type of cabin? I have heard so many different things, it has a concierge lounge, and then it doesn't. It really does not matter, this is our first cruise so I am sure it will be wonderful!

We've sailed the VOS, AOS, Enchantment and Brilliance all in JS - each time, we were shuffled through to the priority line and even offered refreshments in the departure lounge while we waited for our sea passes to print out.

Next trip is back on the Brilliance in a Grand Suite, so I'll be curious to see what the differences are (besides space & concierge), if any. Either way, our family will be on a cruise ship, in another part of the world, in warm temperatures, and on vacation together. How can it not be "grand" !! :)

We have booked a GS on the Voyager & our friends have a JS. Can we take our friends into the concierge lounge. I would doubt it after reading this thread, but you don't lose anything by asking....................Ted

Ted, you can probably guess the answer to your question yourself. Can you? Maybe. Are your friends entitled? No.

Since I booked an OS, which is higher than a GS, can I bring in ten of my closest friends who are all booked in E1? C'mon......:rolleyes:

Thanks Fritz

I was pretty sure of the answer but I said I would ask for them just so there would be no embarrassment on the ship if they tried to come in with us.

Ted

In reality, it depends on your concierge. Some will allow it although they're not authorized as a courtesy to you, the suite guests. Some will say something, some won't.

We are booked for the navigator in a royal family suite for next month. All the suite perks should apply as well? How do we take advantage of priority boarding? just show our papers when we get to the port? thanks, lilli

You also get a little tray delivered to your room on formal nights.

We just got off the Voyager , we were in an Owners Suite and feel jipped. We never received flowers or complimentary water. Must have been an oversite.

Enjoy the Suite Life. You will never want a regular cabin again.

Leona

Sailing on the Voyager 11/13/05 to Bermuda. When I first booked, I booked a balcony room. I just upgraded to a JS 2 nights ago. My cruise documents have already arrived. I called RCI to see if they would send me new luggage tags, and the man I talked to said they don't do that, and that I can just cross out the original cabin number and put the new one on. I know we get priority embarkation..........where should I put the word "Suite" on that luggage tag so that it will be seen? Any help will be appreciated!! Can't wait to sail again :D

Sailing on the Voyager 11/13/05 to Bermuda. When I first booked, I booked a balcony room. I just upgraded to a JS 2 nights ago. My cruise documents have already arrived. I called RCI to see if they would send me new luggage tags, and the man I talked to said they don't do that, and that I can just cross out the original cabin number and put the new one on. I know we get priority embarkation..........where should I put the word "Suite" on that luggage tag so that it will be seen? Any help will be appreciated!! Can't wait to sail again :D

I've sailed two times in an OS and the luggage tag deal baffles me as I don't see any benefit whatsoever since porters immediately take my bags upon arrival at the port so nobody will see my tags anyway. It may help, rather, in getting you bags delivered to your room in a more timely manner but not sure.

You will not have your bags with you upon embarkation processing anyway so no big deal. You will be guided to a C&A/suite guests line to get processed which is the only priority embarkation you will see. It is faster than standing in the much longer regular lines.

We just booked our first cruise on Grandeur in the RS (got a fantastic deal) for January. I have read many things about "suite perks". What should you expect in this type of cabin? I have heard so many different things, it has a concierge lounge, and then it doesn't. It really does not matter, this is our first cruise so I am sure it will be wonderful!

Aaahhh.........be sure to show the dock attendent that you have the RS. They will immediately take all carry on items and lead you to the first available agent, who will issue your SeaPasses, then (if trumpets are available) announce your arrival. You will be wisked to the first available elevator, off on your floor and proceed to your cabin,.............where.....your steward will meet you. Take in the beauty of the cabin itself, the wet bar, the couches, the player piano,the seperate bedroom, the bathroom with your own private jacuzzi, the nice towels, the heavy cotton bathrobes. Be sure to notice the "upgraded" shampoo, conditioner and extra cotton swabs. Then step out on to your balcony, and notice that you are right next to the starboard bridge wing. If you are docked on that side, watch the ships Captain at work. Let's see, what other perks............oh, you should get some sort of appitizers each afternoon. If there wasn't a bottle of champagne when you arrived in your cabin, or at least by 4PM of the day of sailing, just yell over your balcony to the Captain and complain. Tell the Captian that you thought you were to get a free one. No.........seriously, outside of the beautiful cabin itself, RCCl does not have many amenities as some of the other cruise lines do.

However, if you want a private dinner in your suite, that can be arrainged. Same with breakfast. Want friends in for a cocktail party. Make the arraingements with the head of Guest Relations.

We enjoy having either an OS or RS and don't expect to be waited on.

If you wish dinner with the Captain, and you are in a RS, ask the Head of Guest Relations on the first night. That is the only cabin that GR will discuss with the Captain, just because you are in the RS. Please don't expect it even if your are in the RS.

Other items include priority departure and priority tender tickets. Dinner seating is guaranteed at the table and time of your choice.

We have enjoyed the RS on a sister ship of the Grandeur, it is truly a beautiful space. As first time cruisers, please excuse my slight bit of humor in a few places. The will not play trumpets while you board. If this is your first time ever cruise, let RCCl know that upfront. Tell your TA to tell them, and let the head of Guest Relations know that when he/she greets you. Sometimes RCCl will go out of their way to give you VIP treatment, to prove to you that they you want to come back again.

Have a wonderful trip and let us know how you enjoyed it. If I can answer any other questions, feel free to email me.

Rick

We had to do this last year on The Navigator. We took a black permanant marker and wrote suite on top where the black portion ended. We were amazed at how quickly our luggage arrived.

We loved our JS, hope you do as well :D

###

Archived