Maybe changes in Pinnacle Grill dinner menu

Krazy Kruizers

While on the Eurodam we were told about some changes for the Pinnacle Grill dinner menu that may happen.

The King Crab Legs were removed but may come back.

There may be 3 choices of Lobster. (1)Lobster tails (2)Lobster and Steak (3) Lobster Thermador

Also there may be a 36 ounce steak offered. And if you can eat the entire thing yourself, you will get a picture taken of you with the chef.

We did notice that shrimp are not all jumbo. Sometimes we got 5 smaller shrimp, sometimes 4 medium shrimp and sometimes 3 jumbo shrimp.

I hope you are right as it would make my DW very happy. I was on Eurodam in September and it was my observation that the Pinnacle never seemed to be busy. I made this comment to my wife while walking to the MDR many a night. We used to do Pinnacle several times, depending on cruise length, but since Lobster (menu change) was taken off the menu we prefer the MDR. I wonder if they are thinking about a change to the menu to bring lobster back because of a drop in booking Pinnacle or possibly complaints from passengers about lobster being taken off the menu?

We will check soon what the menu looks like on the Eurodam.

Last year on our Eurodam cruises we were told the pinnacle grill was becoming a steak house as many items previously available had been removed.

Maybe sales are down and they are returning some of those menu items.

We are keeping fingers crossed they are open more often for breakfast. Out of 14 days last year, it was available 7 days.

On our Oct 18 cruise, there were so many reservations that they opened the Pinnacle at 5 PM. It was packed all the nights we were there. Even on the second formal night, they had 144 people not counting the captain and dinner party.

The Oct 25 didn't have the huge bookings so they went back to their normal 5:30 opening time. But it was busy.

We're just off the Oosterdam on Oct. 26. Our Pinnacle manager said the menu was changing when we asked if Steak Diane might be available. He didn't think that would make a return but, if we were dining there another night, he said to see him early in the day and if the chef had the ingredients in the kitchen, we may be able to have it. Unfortunately, we weren't having dinner there a second time. Since the ingredients are pretty commonplace, I'm fairly certain they'd be in the galley at any given time.

On our Oct 18 cruise, there were so many reservations that they opened the Pinnacle at 5 PM. It was packed all the nights we were there. Even on the second formal night, they had 144 people not counting the captain and dinner party.
The crowding may have been caused by the number of included Pinnacle dinners on the E4 package. On our recent Oosterdam cruise, the reservation choices were quite slim. I went to the Pinnacle right as we boarded and we couldn't get one until the fifth night of our 7-night cruise.

Cheers!

So Pinnacle (no longer IMO not worth the value - strictly my opinion of course but it's old and stale) is going to turn into the Sizzler or something now with guys trying to stuff a massive steak in their mouth so they can get their photo thumbtacked to a wall?

Hooooo boy.

The crowding may have been caused by the number of included Pinnacle dinners on the E4 package. On our recent Oosterdam cruise, the reservation choices were quite slim. I went to the Pinnacle right as we boarded and we couldn't get one until the fifth night of our 7-night cruise.

Cheers!

Actually I'm pretty sure it was from the dine around package. I don't think many people had the e4 on that cruise. Both the Canaletto and tamarind were booked heavily.

Actually I'm pretty sure it was from the dine around package. I don't think many people had the e4 on that cruise. Both the Canaletto and tamarind were booked heavily.

Any time there's a promo that includes a Pinnacle dinner, it's full most of the time. When we had Ex4 on Westerdam, we were assigned a night and time and there was no wiggle room to change it. When we had the Anniversary promo on Veendam, I had to make the reservation on board, and there was only one night with anything before 8:00.

I would love to see steak Diane come back. A 36-ounce steak is ridiculous! I think the steak sizes in Pinnacle are already larger than necessary. I can't eat that much, it would be a terrible waste.

For those who like the lobster in Pinnacle, is it better than the lobster on surf and turf night in the MDR?

Any time there's a promo that includes a Pinnacle dinner, it's full most of the time. When we had Ex4 on Westerdam, we were assigned a night and time and there was no wiggle room to change it. When we had the Anniversary promo on Veendam, I had to make the reservation on board, and there was only one night with anything before 8:00.

I would love to see steak Diane come back. A 36-ounce steak is ridiculous! I think the steak sizes in Pinnacle are already larger than necessary. I can't eat that much, it would be a terrible waste.

For those who like the lobster in Pinnacle, is it better than the lobster on surf and turf night in the MDR?

Some people love meat. I'm not one of them. I bet there are people that would go for that steak and I also imagine a lot of people eat all the meat on their plate. I've had lobster in the pinnacle before and it may have been marginally better than the MDR. That said I just spent 2 weeks on the eurodam. The first week the lobster dinner was delish. The second week I couldn't believe I was on the same ship. It wasn't good.

While on the Eurodam we were told about some changes for the Pinnacle Grill dinner menu that may happen.

There may be 3 choices of Lobster. (1)Lobster tails (2)Lobster and Steak (3) Lobster Thermador

Also there may be a 36 ounce steak offered. And if you can eat the entire thing yourself, you will get a picture taken of you with the chef.

We did notice that shrimp are not all jumbo. Sometimes we got 5 smaller shrimp, sometimes 4 medium shrimp and sometimes 3 jumbo shrimp.

Thanks for the update, that all sounds good. I love King Crab, don't really care about Lobster Thermador or a giant steak.

I like the lobster options - will make my DW very happy (and if she is NOT happy, I am not happy!).

The 36 oz steak deal sounds strange to me. That is ALOT of beef and I doubt many people can eat that much, so alot of food likely will be wasted. Plus I doubt that the quality of the beef would be as good as the other beef offerings in the Pinnacle.

We're just off the Oosterdam on Oct. 26. Our Pinnacle manager said the menu was changing when we asked if Steak Diane might be available. He didn't think that would make a return but, if we were dining there another night, he said to see him early in the day and if the chef had the ingredients in the kitchen, we may be able to have it. Unfortunately, we weren't having dinner there a second time. Since the ingredients are pretty commonplace, I'm fairly certain they'd be in the galley at any given time.

I will have to try and see if the Chef on our cruise in a few days is willing to make the Steak Diane for me (and before it starts, YES, I do feel I am special:D.) It is my 2nd favorite Beef in the Pinnacle, 1st being Le Cirque Night's Chateaubriand:D

Aside to Krazy Kruizers: Of all the Lobster choices I'd LOVE to see the Lobster Thermidor.....LOVE IT!!!

Joanie

Thinking about it more, we heard a chef a couple of years back say that for years they have always had a Pinnacle and Petit Cut steak and they were hoping to do a huge one at some point down the road... keeping with the "P" theme, they said maybe it would be called the President's Cut... top management would HAVE to approve that one

Time will tell

Some people love meat. I'm not one of them. I bet there are people that would go for that steak and I also imagine a lot of people eat all the meat on their plate. I've had lobster in the pinnacle before and it may have been marginally better than the MDR. That said I just spent 2 weeks on the eurodam. The first week the lobster dinner was delish. The second week I couldn't believe I was on the same ship. It wasn't good.

Over the 14 days we ate at the Pinnacle 7 times.

I did not pre-book Pinnacle dates.

The first night was our assigned Explore4 free dinner.

We also did Le Cirque.

I asked the Pinnacle manager for dates for our 5 star Mariner dinners -- 2 per person. We booked the dates we wanted with him and he assured us that of the 5 dates we selected, 2 of the dates would be our free dinners. Never got them. I was still battling it out at the end of the cruise.

I mentioned this on our survey form.

If they offer lobster thermidor, I sure hope it is much better than the one they serve in the MDR. That ranked as one of the worst ever meals I've had on HAL.

I hope they keep a planked fish of some sort, as my spouse is a big fan of the planked halibut (or salmon) and would be distressed if all they offered was beef and crustaceans.

The jumbo shrimp cocktail is what I always look forward to. We will be on the Westerdam in a couple of weeks and hope they are as tasty as ever!!

original.jpg

I mean this most respectfully for all the folks who love shrimp cocktail.

Do you have a Costco near you? If so, go buy the bag of frozen shrimp, Kirkland Brand, size 21-25 to the pound. That (or another brand like it) is what you are being served in almost all restaurants including cruise ships. Nothing could be easier to prepare for yourself.

Toss the bag of frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight for it to defrost. Drain in a strainer/collander so the shrimp do not sit in the defrosted liquid and get soggy. Arrange lettuce in a pretty dish, serve with either purchased cocktail sauce or homemade (tons of very easy recipes available - takes less than 5 minutes to make), place a lemon wedge and enjoy your shrimp.

Have something you can't/won't make at home when dining in Pinnacle and serve your own shrimp at home. It amazes me when people go nuts for shrimp cocktail as though it's some kind of treasure. :confused:

Edited by sail7seas

The jumbo shrimp cocktail is what I always look forward to. We will be on the Westerdam in a couple of weeks and hope they are as tasty as ever!!

original.jpg

You look like you are really about to thoroughly enjoy! You know what the best thing about this is? (perhaps women would understand this more, but my DH would agree...) - someone else made it for you:D That, to me, is the priceless part of being on a cruise and being catered to in ever aspect.:)