1 Night Repo Questions

shanecindy21403

Hi everybody I have a few questions hopefully someone will chime in with the correct answers. We are doing the 1 night repo from Vancouver down to Seattle then also staying to do the 7 night round trip out of Seattle on the Ruby next May.

I booked it as 2 separate cruises with 2 different booking numbers so this will get me to Elite. I also booked in a full suite for both bookings so I'll get extra credits for that I assume.

Main questions

1. Since I booked a suite will I get 2 minibar setups? One for the beginning of each cruise is what I'm assuming.

2. When we arrive in Seattle the next am how difficult will it be to get off ASAP because we want to see as much as possible in the short time we are there. What time should we expect to be able to get off and what time will we have to be back on.

3. Shareholder credit- I know on the 7 day I will get $100 OBC. Do you get anything for just the one nighter?

Thanks CC for all your help!!

I don't think the one-night cruises are ever sold under one booking number with the following (or preceding) cruise. But even if they were you are entitled to two cruise credits --plus the additional credits for a full suite.

Your will get a fresh minibar for the second leg. Enjoy going through the entire first one in under 16 hours.

You may get off the ship as soon as it is cleared in Seattle. No need to wait for the group processing of in-transit passengers. Double-check the instructions you are given for turnaround day; if your original cruise card shows an end date of the second cruise it may be all you need to bypass the lines (other than the security scanner) getting on and off, or you may need an 'in transit pass'

Shareholder credit for cruises six days and under is $50. Make sure you have both booking numbers when you send your request in and that the credit shows in your personalizer separately for both sailings.

Edited by fishywood

Are you reaching elite after the first cruise? If so, only one mini-bar. In addition, on that day, go see the Captain Circle host. It takes time for Princess to update your status and it wouldn't be updated in time for your second cruise. The CC host can help with this so that you can start using your elite benefits on the second cruise.

Are you sure you have 14-15 cruises or cruise credits with Princess? Your history doesn't show this, but of course, I could be wrong!

From reading your post, it appears you may be reaching elite at the end of the second cruise, in which case, you wouldn't get elite benefits at all, at least not until your 16th cruise or 151 days, whichever comes first.

Please clarify. Thank you!

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Yes you do not get the Black Card until after passing 15 cruise credits. If achieved on the first leg they may have to see the Circle Host to exchange the platinum card. If not until the end of the entire cruise, something to look forward to next time.

But as they are booked in a full suite the minibar should be there upon embarkation and replenished the next day at turnaround.

I wasn't actually counting the Elite mini bar I was just curious because we are in a full suite if it would be replenished. We will be Elite at the end of the first segment. I also have a cruise on Regal in 2 weeks that isn't listed in my signature.

But thank you for the answers. I now know we'll get 2 mini bar setups. That I'll also get another $50 shareholder credit for the 1 day. We've never done a 1 day before so I didn't know if they'd give anything it is much appreciated!

Now does anyone know about how early we'll be able to get off the ship in Seattle for sight seeing? We've never done a B2B like this. On a normal debarkation day we usually do self assist and get off about 8am. I just don't want to have to wait until 10am to go sight seeing.

Yes, but I think the OP was wondering 1 or 2... OP wasn't very clear.

Seemed pretty clear to me the OP was asking if they would receive one mini-bar setup per segment, thus two total for the B2B. Of course he wasn't asking if he would receive two at a time once he turns Elite; we all know the rule is one mini-bar set-up per cabin, even if multiple Elites in a full Suite.

Now does anyone know about how early we'll be able to get off the ship in Seattle for sight seeing? We've never done a B2B like this. On a normal debarkation day we usually do self assist and get off about 8am. I just don't want to have to wait until 10am to go sight seeing.

You should be able to walk right off with the first group of self-assisters as soon as the ship is clear to start disembarkation. You will receive in-transit instructions in your cabin sometime the evening before--just do what it says for those who wish to disembark for the day rather than the arrangement for those who want to stay on to meet as a group to be processed thru immigration.

Seemed pretty clear to me the OP was asking if they would receive one mini-bar setup per segment, thus two total for the B2B. Of course he wasn't asking if he would receive two at a time once he turns Elite; we all know the rule is one mini-bar set-up per cabin, even if multiple Elites in a full Suite.

If there is an elite in a full suite, there will be two mini-bar setups in a single segment. Sometimes you need to call room service to get the second one.

If there is an elite in a full suite, there will be two mini-bar setups in a single segment. Sometimes you need to call room service to get the second one.

That is my experience as well.

The OP is doing 1 plus 7 days, as I understand it. He should get 2 cruise credits for each segment if traveling with another person in the suite (3 per segment if traveling alone). Regardless, he should get 1 minibar setup in the suite if not elite and 2 if elite. Caribill's advice about calling room service if the second doesn't show up is sound, in fact I would call RS the night before turnaround day (that is, your first night aboard, in this case) and discuss what you will be getting. As you have seven days to correct any problems (for example, if they say they need confirmation as to your promotion), I'd be laid back about this. I'd also carry a printout of your cruise history to show the captain's circle rep.

It is my experience (for whatever that is worth) that there are going to be a number of people wanting to get off the ship quickly. It's the nature of the one-nighters. Some of them will be young and most of them won't have rolling bags (the ones who do will make things worse). Again go with the flow. I'm not sure you are going to get to the front of the line on a transit, practices differ between port and port, and the time spent arguing about it may cost you. So I'd say be near the front of the people wanting to get off fast and smile a lot. It may not be very organized. You have seven more days. Most won't. I wouldn't consult with the crew who are trying to control things, it won't get you anything. Just be near the front without being conspicuous, try to be near the front when the people who are let off get to CBP, and don't worry much. They know they need to process two to three thousand low-risk people in three hours. They won't hold up much.

As to time, probably in the range of 7:30, possibly a little earlier.

Edited by Wehwalt