LAFFNVEGAS "Live" from the Norwegian Jewel

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning from the Beautiful Norwegian Jewel[emoji568][emoji4]

After a perfect nights sleep in an oh so comfortable bed this is the perfect way to start my lazy morning.

I really hope readers don't find me boring. [emoji17] after one has done well over 40 cruises over the years you tend to not do all the things available to do. When I write it tends to be like a diary of our daily events. The good thing because I have the unlimited internet I can write bits and pieces when ever I want and post pictures......which brings me to the absolutely only thing that is a slight negative and that is the slow internet [emoji57]uploading pictures is almost impossible especially in Tapatalk which is mostly what I use on my iPad. But this has been a problem with every cruise ship for many years and ya know everything else perfect so not going to complain [emoji41]

Tom has gone up to Moderno for breakfast while I am lounging in pjs drinking my Lavazza coffee. I learned several cruises ago to bring my non dairy Caramel Macchiato creamers that I add to the non dairy creamers in the room for the perfect cup of coffee. Yes I know it would be better with a bit of Baileys lol

Originally I had planned to make this a very lazy day with going to the spa the first morning. I pre purchased the Thermal suite package but then decided I really need to go to the CC Meet and Greet because Norwegian Cruise lines really knows how to put together a very nice meet and greet. Unfortunately these meet greets are always done at approximately 11 o'clock the first sea day which makes it bad if you want to go to the spa in the morning one does not look that great after having been in the spa so you must take a shower afterwards and there's just not enough time so I'm going to Lounge this morning then go to the meet and greet. I had planned then to spend the afternoon up in the spa but it looks like those plans are going to change it seems that there is a cocktail party for being a latitudes member that is at 2:15 this afternoon up in spinnakers so that wrecked that plan so I guess I'll probably go tonight after dinner and head up to the spa, we do have the VIP Party at 5:30 that is up in the Haven then reservations at Cagney's afterwards. So this basically gets all the functions done with the first day. But there is another Latitudes party we have an invite for on Wednesday at 5:00.

It really amazes me all the things that NCL offers to do on board, after cruising so many times I often do not even look at the daily news letter. I truly need two weeks on board to do things I want to do and try food I want to eat. I have always loved the Garden Cafe on board the Jewel aka Lido for Hal readers. Tonight is seafood night. The selections for breakfast lunch and dinners blows away what was available on our May Hal

Those wanting to see dailies this pics will definitely have to wait till I am home, sorry just not enough bandwidth.

Signing off for right now from the Beautiful Norwegian Jewel [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, Lisa,

You're not boring me at all! Your style gives me a good sense of being on the ship.

Looking forward to hearing about the cocktail party tonight to get a feel as to how it compares to the HAL ones I am used to.

Keep enjoying and writing and I will be following along.

Marion

What better way to enjoy lunch in Tsars but with a glass of wine watching the on Periscope the Inaugural of the Escape even had our server watching with us[emoji106]🏻ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447103108.762420.jpg.747fbda9e4f2c723009bc33c4ada26f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LAFFNVEGAS

Definitely enjoying your posts -- not at all bored. I'm hoping for a fair amount of relaxation we get sail on the Jewel in January, so totally understand that. Also thanks for doing the dailies when you can -- really looking forward to seeing them for this specific itinerary on the Jewel.

A couple questions if you don't mind

1) what does ncl do for the meet and greet? Is it arranged by the cruise line or does someone have to request it?

2) is there any way to equate the cabin type you are in to Hal? Would it be like a Neptune suite, signature suite etc. How does pricing compare to Hal. I'm thinking to a vista or sinature ship not the older ship. Thx.

Your "live" reporting is so much fun to follow. We are doing a B2B on this itinerary in late January. We also have done this itinerary several times before, but this will be our first time on the Jewel. Should be great, as the Pearl has been our favorite ship so far! So, it should be a very relaxing time for us.

One question.....if you get to the Garden Cafe for lunch. Do they still have spaghetti bolognese at the pasta station? NCL does this sauce SOOOO well! If the answer is yes....my husband will be very happy :D:D:D

I know you will...I'm just a little concerned that now it's day 2 and you haven't been to the Thermal Suite yet!! :eek: hehe

Lol, yes I know just no time yet but right now the plan is to go after dinner and then tomorrow before we get to Cabo.

Just got back from the First Latitude party, this was for Gold and Platinum members, as of today we are now actually Platinum... Yeah!!! But it does say we are gold till the end of the cruise [emoji6] Very fun party lots of laughs and what is nice you can order any drink you like.

We were also lucky winners we won of a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries [emoji41]

Then on board for this week which i had not heard of before or maybe I have missed it but they still offer for the Cruise Next Future Cruise deposit the $100 in sbc if you buy one or if you buy two $250 in sbc. But for the week if you want you can buy one Cruise Next and get two $250 future cruise deposits, buy two you get four, buy three get six. That is actually a great deal too, my problem is I am already booked all the way till March 2017 for the Pearl so debating if to buy one and get two or take the sbc[emoji79]

Well I need to head down to the Shore Excursion Desk we had booked in advance a Cabo Coastal excursion and not received anything.

Signing off for now.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. We will be on the Jewel in January 2017 for a back to back for our 25th anniversary. We will be in 10166. It will be our first Aft as well as our first Suite. So looking forward to it. Did you say which cabin you were in?

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, and can't wait to read more.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. We will be on the Jewel in January 2017 for a back to back for our 25th anniversary. We will be in 10166. It will be our first Aft as well as our first Suite. So looking forward to it. Did you say which cabin you were in?

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, and can't wait to read more.

Are in 10666 [emoji106]🏻 great choice

How about real Live time in Cagneys

Started with drinks

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447124393.450518.jpg.a89272a7c18a0ec0613618447935df17.jpg then appetizers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447124436.304750.jpg.cfbe55611ce06c0f170abd15ae1b4804.jpg

Then Entrees me the Sea Bass and Tom the Bone In Rib Eye

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447124653.730388.jpg.5e671e097cb52880f6297d5d3429aeae.jpg

Prior to dinner we were in the Haven for the VIP party, nicely attended. Got the chance to talk with Steven the Hotel Director and I am so happy for the Officers and Crew of the Beautiful Norwegian Jewel to announce they received 100% on their USPH inspection [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

A Big Congratulations for a job well done. They are truly the BEST!!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447124427.703241.jpg.fe7ca30fdc20e88f51a362badd9f02c2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447124643.929012.jpg.ca465ddc173ba84e86b0d0dbb9877e06.jpg

Any way you can post some pictures of the cabin?? :D

I will try to he pictures in the next day or two, since we have stayed in this cabin several times did not take the first day photos and this phone is a year old and only has photos in it of Haven 14514 from last November.

Hi again, just waiting for luggage to arrive and to head to Tsars for Life Boat drill. After lunch we headed up to the Spa to check in for the Thermal Suite package I pre purchased.

For those interested the VIP party will be tomorrow on Monday from 5:30 to 6:15 we let Hanno know to move our Cagneys reservation to 6:15 and he was happy to do this.

I am not a huge country music fan but like some of it but I have to say that the song "I Love This Bar" by Toby Keith should be "I Love The Ship" [emoji6] we have met our Butler Joaquin and our cabin steward Dewa both appear to be great [emoji106]🏻 ok got to go head to life boat drill.

Is this VIP party the CAS party, a suite party, or a latitudes party? We are on the ship via CAS at the end of the month, and will likely have to move dinner reservations as well.....Thanks!

Joe

Ok last report in for the night, I finally made it to the Thermal Suite tonight. Very relaxing, of course not crowded but also not empty. One slight problem

.....once you are very relaxed had a full sea day that very long walk from deck 12 forward to deck 10 aft is long [emoji45] but I look at it this way I am getting in the extra exercise I badly need.

It was a very good sea day today. I would not mind having 7 sea days straight.

Tomorrow though is our first port of Cabo San Lucas, been here many times but we are taking a shore excursion since we have that shore excursion credit. We are doing the Deluxe Coastal cruise, while I know it is early for official Whale Watching hoping we might get lucky.

We are scheduled to arrive at 11:30 in Cabo. We will lose an hour of sleep tonight.

I am going to sign off for now.

Good Night from the Beautiful Norwegian Jewel [emoji568][emoji568][emoji568]

Hi Lisa,

Have you noticed the Lobster entrees missing from the menu at both Le Bistro and Cagney's? Slightly bummed.

Tried to console myself with strawberry daiquiri, but they are out of strawberry mix ship wide. But the peach mix is plentiful and equally delicious!

-=Sean