HIMSELF will be on Zuiderdam on Nov. 9, 2015

Himself

It was a very hot day at port Everglades today. At the Drill they checked our attendance by scanning our room key and that told that we attended. The drill commenced at 3PM and was over before 3:25 PM. We were a bit delayed in leaving because they were still loading luggage onto the ship. Once that was done the lines were let loose and we were off to sea and we were in the Straits of Florida by 4:45 and then I went to the Queens lounge and celebrated Mass. It is now about 8:35 and I am pretty much unpacked. We had 22 at Mass this evening. HMC is tomorrow. Let's hope for good weather. Any Questions?

Hi folks! We are anchored at HMC were it is very warm. I was over on the island for a bit this morning but didn't stay too long. It was too hot for me. When one leaves the Island one has to go through security and that is a new one on me. Didn't have to do that the last time I was here. It is now 2PM and the last tender is at 2:30PM then we will be off to Sea and Mass will be at 5:00PM so I had better look at the readings and come up with a homily on either the readings of Pope Leo the Great.

I wish you were all with me on this Sunfarer cruise.

Hi folks! We are anchored at HMC were it is very warm. I was over on the island for a bit this morning but didn't stay too long. It was too hot for me. When one leaves the Island one has to go through security and that is a new one on me. Didn't have to do that the last time I was here. It is now 2PM and the last tender is at 2:30PM then we will be off to Sea and Mass will be at 5:00PM so I had better look at the readings and come up with a homily on either the readings of Pope Leo the Great.

I wish you were all with me on this Sunfarer cruise.

I wish I was with you, too, Father! The heat sounds pretty attractive right now. Interesting about the security checkpoint. I wonder why it is necessary - it wasn't there last April.

We left HMC before 3 and backed away and turned starboard in a South Easterly Direction and now we are on our way to Aruba. There were 45 people attending the Mass at 5PM in the Queens Lounge. We are experiencing some swells but the stabilizers are doing their job and the ride is quite nice. I will file a little report tomorrow.

So long everyone.

We had about 32 at Mass this AM. We push the clocks ahead one hour at noon today. So we go from 11:59 AM to 1:00PM. This will be interesting. We have a Veterans Day Program at !0:30 AM and I have a roll so I have to sign off. More later.

We had a very nice Veterans Day Service up in the Crows Nest. It started about 10:35 AM and at about 11:00 the Captain came on the PA from the Bridge and called for a minute of silence and then read "Flanders Field" I then had a prayer in the Crows nest and then led everyone in the Lord's Prayer. Then another man came up and read the Soldiers Prayer and that concluded the service. At Noon the clocks were pushed an hour ahead and as we sailed by Haiti, we could see flying fish. Right now we are going about 18 or 19 knots and are heading south east to Aruba. We should pick up the pilot about !2:15 tomorrow afternoon and we should be safely docked by 1:00 PM.

'tis Himself Reporting.

Peace be with you, Father.

Thank you for the wonderful posts.

I will be on the Volendam in December; how do I find out if Catholic Mass will be available for my sailing? Thank you.

HAL takes a priest on every cruise and if something comes up and a priest cannot make it they will try hard to get a priest to the ship even if the voyage has already commenced.

If you could find out when the Zuiderdam will be getting the new internet package, I'd really appreciate your help. Hoping it's before April 2016.

I have not been able to find this out. If I get Information, I will post it.

HAL takes a priest on every cruise and if something comes up and a priest cannot make it they will try hard to get a priest to the ship even if the voyage has already commenced.

Thank you, Father. One of the reasons I have chosen HAL.

Enjoy your trip.

Good Morning Friends.

At this writing we are less than three hours form Aruba. It is a sunny day and we had 30 People at Mass this morning at 8:00 AM. Himself will be going on the Atlantis submarine this afternoon after we arrive in Aruba. Then I will come back and just enjoy the Zuiderdam.

Wish all of you were here with me!

Good Morning Friends.

At this writing we are less than three hours form Aruba. It is a sunny day and we had 30 People at Mass this morning at 8:00 AM. Himself will be going on the Atlantis submarine this afternoon after we arrive in Aruba. Then I will come back and just enjoy the Zuiderdam.

Have a great time Father!

Have you met HAL's 'Traveling Master'. Capt. Albert yet? He's onboard with you on ZUDM

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/

Good Morning Friends.

I think we all wish we were with you too.

Thanks for the updates, have fun on the submarine.

We were safely docked in Aruba by 1:00PM. We were right behind RCI's "Jewel of the Seas".

I went on the Allantis Subamarine and would highly recommend this tour. I have done it here a couple of times and I enjoyed it a lot. We went down below 140 feet and the views were quite good. I came back to the ship and rested a bit and then had a nice dinner in the main dining room. I got a good night sleep and went to breakfast about 6:45 AM in the Lido and then watched us dock in Willemstad. We are docked it town today and an NCL ship is docked in the pier out in the Caribbean Sea. By the way, the Queen Emma's foot bridge is back in service. I will walk around town a little later today but I do not have much planned. We will Have Mass today at 5PM as we sail toward Cartagena. By the way, I have seen the blogger Captain Albert in the lido a could of time. He is rather quiet.

Have a great time Father!

Have you met HAL's 'Traveling Master'. Capt. Albert yet? He's onboard with you on ZUDM

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/

John I have seen him but have not talked to him yet. I will tell you that when we had some "technical issues" on the Statendam last Summer he gave us a talk in the Show Room at Sea that was most interesting. He got off at Seward. I do read his blog and I have seen him walking by in the Lido

Edited by Himself

John I have seen him but have not talked to him yet. I will tell you that when we had some "technical issues" on the Statendam last Summer he gave us a talk in the Show Room at Sea that was most interesting. He got off at Seward. I do read his blog and I have seen him walking by in the Lido

Father, according to his blog, Captain Albert left Zuiderdam today to fly to catch up with Westerdam.

Enjoying your reports! Wish we were with you and wishing you were with us on Zaandam over the holidays.