HIMSELF will be on Zuiderdam on Nov. 9, 2015

Himself

This has been an interesting cruise. The day before we went to Aruba, a noon we pushed the clock ahead one hour. The night before Cartagena we went back to Eastern time. Last night we pushed the clock back to central time and tomorrow at 11:59 AM we will move the clock ahead one hour to eastern time.

Hope your fingers aren't worn out from changing your watch so many times.

I started this thread at the Riverside Hotel on the evening of November 8, 2015. I am about to disembark the Zuiderdam in Ft. Lauderdale after 11wonderful days on this DAM ship. As I watched them throw out the mooring lines today, I felt a bit sad that it was coming to an end. Hopefully there will be more days at Sea. To those coming on the ship today, I say:

Have a wonderful cruise.

I started this thread at the Riverside Hotel on the evening of November 8, 2015. I am about to disembark the Zuiderdam in Ft. Lauderdale after 11wonderful days on this DAM ship. As I watched them throw out the mooring lines today, I felt a bit sad that it was coming to an end. Hopefully there will be more days at Sea. To those coming on the ship today, I say:

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for taking us along with you. It's always so sad to disembark and get back to reality, but you can look forward to the next one.:)

I got off the ship about 9:00 AM and picked up my luggage and waited in line for about 20 minutes or so before seeing the customs agent. That went most smoothly and I left the terminal and pickup a cab for the airport. I arrived in about 9 or 10 minutes and checked in rather quickly. (Actually I checked in on line on Friday so I just check baggage.) I then proceeded to the security lines--which were not bad at this point--and was through the whole process in about 10 minutes. I then waited for my 12:55 flight to Atlanta. We left very close to on time and landed on time. I had an hours wait until we took off to Milwaukee. Atlanta's temp was about 65. We then took off for Milwaukee on a different flight and arrived a little before 5PM. It was quite a walk to the luggage claim and I got there and did not wait long for my luggage. I then called "Wally Park" and was taken to my car. It was about 39. I took 94 down to Kenosha where I stopped for gas. Amoco was $1.94 per gallon and then I went to the Brat Stop for dinner. I had walleye which was so so and potato pancakes which were less than so-so. When I went out it was starting to snow but it was melting when it hit the ground. I then did the drive to Roselle which was slower than normal because of the melting snow. The temperature stayed above freezing so the roads were not slippery. I got home about 8:30 and unloaded the car and went to bed.

I got up this morning to find about 7 inches of snow and it is supposed to get very cold here tonight. So that is the end of the trip. My how things have changed for me in 24 hours.

I have noticed changes in HAL over the years. On this cruise go was the Captain's Champagne toast. However there was a chance to have your picture taken with the Captain in the Atrium on the first "Gala Night". I was in the Lido yesterday morning and thinking back to the days when they did away with trays and all the noise I read on this forum about that change. Now everyone just accepts it and goes on with life.

It has been nice keeping you up to date on the cruise. As I look out the window with the snow falling I some how "wish I was on a DAM ship."

So long everyone.

It has been nice keeping you up to date on the cruise. As I look out the window with the snow falling I some how "wish I was on a DAM ship."

So long everyone.

So happy to hear you had a safe trip home. Did you say you only paid $39 to park your car? If so, that was a bargain! It was going to cost my son (who boarded the Zuiderdam yesterday) $194 with Wally Park in San Diego, so he ended up taking Uber. :eek:

The snow has made its way to Michigan. We were in CA last week, so this is a reality hit for us. I actually am one of those rare souls who likes winter and snow, but just not in November.

I wish there was a live thread on this week's Zuiderdam cruise, but so far I have not found one. It would be nice to know how things are going on my son's cruise. This was a last minute trip for him and his inlaws. No one has cruised HAL before.

Take care father!! Happy Thanksgiving!

So happy to hear you had a safe trip home. Did you say you only paid $39 to park your car? If so, that was a bargain! It was going to cost my son (who boarded the Zuiderdam yesterday) $194 with Wally Park in San Diego, so he ended up taking Uber. :eek:

The snow has made its way to Michigan. We were in CA last week, so this is a reality hit for us. I actually am one of those rare souls who likes winter and snow, but just not in November.

I wish there was a live thread on this week's Zuiderdam cruise, but so far I have not found one. It would be nice to know how things are going on my son's cruise. This was a last minute trip for him and his inlaws. No one has cruised HAL before.

Take care father!! Happy Thanksgiving!

I din't say what it cost. I booked it through Park,Ride and FLY and I got a discount thrgh them. They use Wally Park in Milwaukee.