Booked on Lufthansa - hmm hope strike stops soon

kibutzer

Has anyone ever got caught up in an airline strike on flights that were arranged by O. I am sure that things will be over by the time we fly out, in two weeks, but certainly was not happy to see this . http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34761421 about Lufthansa going n strike.

Hmmm looking out for the best, since moving to other flights this time of year would be a real challenge.

So what are your flight arrangements. I have been affected by LH strikes in the past as they are rather common in the last two years. Not by O though. Generally LH accommodated me by using Swiss or Austrian for my connecting flights.

As the article stated Austrian, Swiss, German wings and others are not effected. The work stoppage is for this week only -- so you might be lucky. These strikes are not continuous as here in the states, they are designed to disrupt and put pressure on LH to negotiate. Usually 3 or 4 days of hell. This time the FA's before it was the Pilots.

So what are your flight arrangements. I have been affected by LH strikes in the past as they are rather common in the last two years. Not by O though. Generally LH accommodated me by using Swiss or Austrian for my connecting flights.

As the article stated Austrian, Swiss, German wings and others are not effected. The work stoppage is for this week only -- so you might be lucky. These strikes are not continuous as here in the states, they are designed to disrupt and put pressure on LH to negotiate. Usually 3 or 4 days of hell. This time the FA's before it was the Pilots.

Thank you Paul. Since we generally book our own air it is a bit challenging for me. I have contacted our TA to learn how we stay in touch with any changes. Yes it is two weeks away so this may be mute. Also since it is a TA originating in Capetown I guess it is up to O to get us there......

Thank you Paul. Since we generally book our own air it is a bit challenging for me. I have contacted our TA to learn how we stay in touch with any changes. Yes it is two weeks away so this may be mute. Also since it is a TA originating in Capetown I guess it is up to O to get us there......

While O most likely will help you should you have flight problems, according to the Terms and Conditions, you are responsible and O specifically puts the responsibility on the customer for all third party issues including flights.

This is not to say that O won't help you but, like many people you must not have read the terms and conditions which are extremely clear on this subject. It is your responsibility to get to the embarkation point on time notwithstanding the fact that O is providing the air.

Not saying this to cause you any problems, it is simply forewarned is forearmed and all passengers need to be aware of the fact that it is not O's legal responsibility to get you to Capetown although they most likely will try to help you but, if you don't make the ship, they again are not responsible to get you to the next port nor to make any refunds although, most likely they will help.

I would certainly monitor the LH site. These strikes are not sudden but have been announced ahead of time. If your date is one of those I would call O to have your ticket changed. There are lots of ways to get to Capetown ( thru Europe, direct and also via Brazil).