a la carte changes already for escape?

LMaxwell

Hey, if folks don't think NCL is running their business correctly, I would think that they know how it should be run, so that it is agreeable to each and every one of NCL customers.

One poster had a solution I could live with actually; breakfast/lunch complimentary, at night have a more upscale menu for a charge. I would have zero issue with that. I would think that would satisfy the desire to increase revenue, offer a new option, still give people the venue complimentary during the day for eggs and cheeseburgers, etc.

But, again, I don't work for NCL. I don't need to find something agreeable to everyone. I just want the company to honor it's advertising of Margaritaville offering complimentary breakfast and lunch. Can you accept that as my opinion?

One poster had a solution I could live with actually; breakfast/lunch complimentary, at night have a more upscale menu for a charge. I would have zero issue with that. I would think that would satisfy the desire to increase revenue, offer a new option, still give people the venue complimentary during the day for eggs and cheeseburgers, etc.

But, again, I don't work for NCL. I don't need to find something agreeable to everyone. I just want the company to honor it's advertising of Margaritaville offering complimentary breakfast and lunch. Can you accept that as my opinion?

Have I ever not accepted your opinion? I've might have disagreed with your opinions, but it doesn't mean I don't accept your right to voice them and they are right for you. Edited by NLH Arizona

Hey, if folks don't think NCL is running their business correctly, I would think that they know how it should be run, so that it is agreeable to each and every one of NCL customers.

That doesn't make sense. You can never please all of the people, it's absolutely impossible. What you can do is bring changes so that people who have already booked do have the option to cancel their cruise without penalty. Those who have separate airfares can make their own decisions.

Why tick off everyone? It's totally unnecessary and shows poor planning and very poor marketing and communications.

Have I ever not accepted your opinion? I've might have disagreed with your opinions, but it doesn't mean I don't accept your right to voice them and they are right for you.

Do you believe there is something inherently wrong with expecting a company to honor what they have advertised? Put aside what they legally can do, I am asking, do you believe companies SHOULD honor their advertisements?

If they can yank a complimentary food venue just before the inaugural Caribbean sailing you better hold onto your wallet; water slide fees, ropes course fees, entertainment fees, MDR dining plan fees will all come next. How crazy would those have sounded a year ago? How crazy do they sound today?

Sadly - you might be on to something. Increased revenue does seem to be Del Rio's long term plan...... [emoji20]

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2276490

Edited by happy cruzin

Do you believe there is something inherently wrong with expecting a company to honor what they have advertised? Put aside what they legally can do, I am asking, do you believe companies SHOULD honor their advertisements?
I think I said to you before, if it were my company, I wouldn't do it the same as NCL.

I'm not 100% sure that there has been a change. We got a report from a Cruise Critic staff member that there was going to be a cover charge and we also go a post were a poster's friend got a reply from Mr. Stuart that it would remain complimentary. Not saying either is wrong, just saying someone got some bad information and I'll wait to see what happens.

We got a report from a Cruise Critic staff member that there was going to be a cover charge and we also go a post were a poster's friend got a reply from Mr. Stuart that it would remain complimentary. Not saying either is wrong, just saying someone got some bad information and I'll wait to see what happens.

Just to be fair:

1. Cruise Critic staff member said there has been talk of a charge, not that there will be one.

But also to be fair:

2. Mr. Stuart said Margaritaville is complimentary. Did not say "would remain" just that it is. Whether that means at the exact moment those words were spoken or intended to mean "would remain" does remain to be seen.

While I am trying really hard to adopt a wait and see approach, well, 2015 has had a lot of things reported here that quickly turned into reality. You're right, we will all just have to wait and see. I hate to be a pessimist and expect negative changes, but at this point it feels like realism not pessimism.

Just to be fair:

1. Cruise Critic staff member said there has been talk of a charge, not that there will be one.

But also to be fair:

2. Mr. Stuart said Margaritaville is complimentary. Did not say "would remain" just that it is. Whether that means at the exact moment those words were spoken or intended to mean "would remain" does remain to be seen.

While I am trying really hard to adopt a wait and see approach, well, 2015 has had a lot of things reported here that quickly turned into reality. You're right, we will all just have to wait and see. I hate to be a pessimist and expect negative changes, but at this point it feels like realism not pessimism.

I just don't see the reason to get all upset over something that we are not 100% sure is going to happen. If it is announced, then I say go for it and be as mad as heck; write NCL, hang a banner from the ceiling, yell it to the rooftops, etc., but until then getting upset really serves no purpose, IMHO.

BTW, thanks for being fair. That is why I said neither is wrong, just that someone got some bad information. Which one, well time will tell. Wish NCL was still posting on here, so we would know one way or another what the real deal is.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Time - will tell/confirm the truth. It's similar to intelligence analysis :eek:

One can choose to listen and believe, and one can decide to ignore and wait for official confirmation or announcement, or, keep checking the website(s) to be mis/informed ... and be surprised & blinded by the trust.

But, the cautionary alert has been posted by CC in a more-or-less officially format and the warnings sounded. The same question has also been cited on social media for an official response - and, silence over there.

Personally, I have more faith and trust for some of our fellow CC members posting "heads up" instead of listening to the corporate propaganda - especially in 2015 with respect to NCL related matters. Think about the bigger picture, unselfishly - away from the shadows of being a travel agent, investors or cruising on a lucky C.A.S. special, etc.

Footnote - it's not about the negativity. It is perfectly fine to skip over a thread and not read it, really, it's okay to not respond -

Use it - the Ignore list - easy to skip reading & not respond to nonsense, there is a difference on an open forum, on agreeing to disagree.

Didn't they do the same with the nursery on the escape? Advertise it for free and then decide to charge. It's a slippery slope.

Also, for all the nay-sayers related to the alleged change, there have been many, many changes that were not announced by NCL. Instead, cruisers on this board reported the change and ppl called them liars or trolls. The truth is NCL did charge for room service, they did raise the alcohol prices (twice), they did change the alcohol beverage menu although they still offer the same drink (thankfully I know from this board to go with my own drink list,lol), they did limit some customers to one appetizer in speciality restaurants and charged other upcharges(while at the same time not instituting this on other ships). I tend to believe the "rumors" on this board bc they are more likely than not to be true. I would not want to be surprised in my trip. The high potential for that makes me very uneasy as I prepare bc I am a big time planner. I know my threshold for paying extra $$ and NCL is very close to that for so many things that I enjoy while cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't they do the same with the nursery on the escape? Advertise it for free and then decide to charge. It's a slippery slope.

Yes. Some of us foolishly did not print out that information when we read it. But that was before FDR took over the helm and that was quickly removed from the website.

I am on the phone right now with NCL about the pricing. I have just been told that Margaritaville is free and they serve breakfast and lunch. I was surprised as I thought it would be open all day.

I was told Cagney's La Bistro and Cucina are all ala carte unless you order a dining package then you would not be charged anything additional.

So if you did not have the package Cagney's would be $25 for surf and turf and prime rib would be $20.

I also asked about Food Republic pricing and she could provide me with nothing. She said you have to wait until you get on the ship.

This is what I was told today....could she be wrong...sure...could it change in a hour sure. But for now this is the info I received

I am on the phone right now with NCL about the pricing. I have just been told that Margaritaville is free and they serve breakfast and lunch. I was surprised as I thought it would be open all day.

I was told Cagney's La Bistro and Cucina are all ala carte unless you order a dining package then you would not be charged anything additional.

So if you did not have the package Cagney's would be $25 for surf and turf and prime rib would be $20.

I also asked about Food Republic pricing and she could provide me with nothing. She said you have to wait until you get on the ship.

This is what I was told today....could she be wrong...sure...could it change in a hour sure. But for now this is the info I received

Thanks for the information.

I am on the phone right now with NCL about the pricing. I have just been told that Margaritaville is free and they serve breakfast and lunch...

This is the closest to any real facts that we've come so far, amidst the volley of hearsay and rumors. Thanks, CUontheC!

This is the closest to any real facts that we've come so far, amidst the volley of hearsay and rumors. Thanks, CUontheC!

Incorrect. NCL Phone reps are literally the last to know. People call about every change that has happened and are always given the wrong information. There were NCL phone reps claiming that the Escape was in Miami when it was in the middle of the TA cruise. They are basically the most unreliable source of information available.

6&8

I just don't see the reason to get all upset over something that we are not 100% sure is going to happen. If it is announced, then I say go for it and be as mad as heck; write NCL, hang a banner from the ceiling, yell it to the rooftops, etc., but until then getting upset really serves no purpose, IMHO.

BTW, thanks for being fair. That is why I said neither is wrong, just that someone got some bad information. Which one, well time will tell. Wish NCL was still posting on here, so we would know one way or another what the real deal is.

You really don't see a reason to get all upset at anything NCL does...ever.

You really don't see a reason to get all upset at anything NCL does...ever.
No, I don't see a reason to get all upset over something we don't know is happening, if others do that is okay, I've never said they don't have the right to complain. Also, NCL hasn't made a change that I have an issue with and it doesn't mean I'm jumping up and down over them or particularly agree with them, it just means I don't have an issue with them, if others have an issue with the recently made changes, that is okay, because we all value things differently. If NCL ever does make a change that I have an issue with, you'll be the first to know. Also, you seem to have an issue with everything; I get the feel if they gave you a free cruise, you would have a complaint if you had to pay port charges and taxes. Edited by NLH Arizona

Well put NHL. It's all speculation, not worth getting worked up over.

Food republic and Cagney's

With SDP you get one app, one main, one dessert

Food Republic is not incuded in the SDP - they never said it would be, and it is not.

At Cagney's with SDP, you can have as many apps and sides as you want. There is no limit. Same goes for Le Bistro and La Cucina.