On the Escape!

Lily815

I was in 14286. All of the angled balconies are the same cabin size as the rest of the balcony cabins, and all angled are identical to one another. Some will have bed near balcony and others will have bed near the closet. Ours had bed near the balcony (which we don't really like, but whatever.)

Are you saying 14286 is Angled Balcony? We have 14288 booked as it is showing as Angled on the plans. We were also told it is bed by balcony

:)

We bought the unlimited wifi package for the TA. It worked flawlessly, which we hadn't expected. (Other than part of one day, when all service was down for a while for some reason.) We were able to Facetime with our son, make voice calls through the Facebook Messenger app, etc. Talking to our son was like he was in the next room. It was great.

You definitely had some good karma going on, LP!! :)

Wow! You must have been in a hot zone or something. None of my gang could log in many days, and it took forever for pages to load.

Onboard Norwegian Escape now, and composing this in the internet lounge on Deck 6. The service is extraordinarily slow, but I booked the unlimited plan, so no rise in the ol' blood pressure. It is what it is, I guess.

If I was doing the pay-by-minute plan, I'd definitely be losing my sheet this evening.

That being said . . . dang . . . this is a great ship!! :)

:)

You definitely had some good karma going on, LP!! :)

Onboard Norwegian Escape now, and composing this in the internet lounge on Deck 6. The service is extraordinarily slow, but I booked the unlimited plan, so no rise in the ol' blood pressure. It is what it is, I guess.

If I was doing the pay-by-minute plan, I'd definitely be losing my sheet this evening.

That being said . . . dang . . . this is a great ship!! :)

So glad you love the ship :) I so loved it too! The internet was frustrating at best, but I was glad someone had good service! I hoped that since we're paying so much for it, that they would have improved the service, but no luck.

Enjoy the Escape, and please go to Food Republic and have the Buffalo Rock Shrimp, I'm drooling now thinking abou them!

. . . Enjoy the Escape, and please go to Food Republic and have the Buffalo Rock Shrimp, I'm drooling now thinking abou them!

Thanks SO much for the wishes, as well as the enjoyable/fun pre-cruise info you offered in your online postings, which I followed with great interest.

Doing FR tomorrow (the Nassau day when I'm staying onboard to continue plundering the ship), and I'm looking forward to it. :) You definitely left your heart there last week.

I boarded this ship with anticipation it would have a few glitches during its new 'teething' phase. With minimal exception it has exceeded ALL expectations. I'm only bummed that it's a short sailing . . . but I'm back onboard next February, so will have a better chance to experience even more.

Thanks SO much for the wishes, as well as the enjoyable/fun pre-cruise info you offered in your online postings, which I followed with great interest.

Doing FR tomorrow (the Nassau day when I'm staying onboard to continue plundering the ship), and I'm looking forward to it. :) You definitely left your heart there last week.

I boarded this ship with anticipation it would have a few glitches during its new 'teething' phase. With minimal exception it has exceeded ALL expectations. I'm only bummed that it's a short sailing . . . but I'm back onboard next February, so will have a better chance to experience even more.

Did they say how many is aboard your cruise ship and how crowded it is? That's my biggest concern and question left. The TA only had about 3,000 people and the weather was screwy, I'm curious how the ship holds up space wise once it's completely full.

Are you saying 14286 is Angled Balcony? We have 14288 booked as it is showing as Angled on the plans. We were also told it is bed by balcony

Yes, we were in 14286. It is angled and shows angled on the plans when I look at them on the NCL site. 14288 is not. Sorry.

Edited by LrgPizza

We bought the unlimited wifi package for the TA. It worked flawlessly, which we hadn't expected. (Other than part of one day, when all service was down for a while for some reason.) We were able to Facetime with our son, make voice calls through the Facebook Messenger app, etc. Talking to our son was like he was in the next room. It was great.

Wow you were lucky. We had the unlimited internet and could not log in many times. It took forever to load pages and could not send emails many times. Glad it worked for someone.

Yes, we were in 14286. It is angled and shows angled on the plans when I look at them on the NCL site. 14288 is not. Sorry.

Ack - Looking at the deck plans it appears 14288 is the angled one. Makes me wonder if the one I booked (10276) isn't angled either. I was just going by the / shape in the plans.

I AM WRONG!! We were in 14268. I am so sorry for my temporary dyslexia. 14268, not 14286!!!

Wow you were lucky. We had the unlimited internet and could not log in many times. It took forever to load pages and could not send emails many times. Glad it worked for someone.

There were a couple times when the login page itself was slow to load. Usually we'd just hit refresh, and it would pop right up.

We bought the unlimited wifi plan. Like Don said , if we were paying by the minute, this would not be worth it at all. It is very slow . If you have the unlimited plan, and have patience, it is fine. I'm able to text and call my kids, read email, post here, and access facebook. I was even able to FaceTime yesterday, although it was very slow and I eventually gave up on it.

We are in cabin 11134. It is a regular balcony cabin, and I have no issues at all with the balcony. The balconies on the Away ships are so small. These are decent size, and I wouldn't hesitate to book one again.

We have been eating like total pigs! The food at Margaritaville is outstanding. We also ate 3 sushi rolls and sliders at Food Republic - also outstanding. We saw For the Record last night. The show was good. I didnt eat the dinner - didnt care for it at all. The appetizer was good, and the dessert was good. We hve After Midnight tonight.

We got to see our favorite bartender Bong who promptly ran out from behind the bar to hug and kiss my husband and myself as soon as he saw us. That was nice, and I was happy to see him as well.

Today is a ship and pool day. We are in Nassau, and I have been here too many times to waste ship time on the island ;-)

This is an amazing ship. Simply amazing. Eating in the MDR tonight, and looking forward to it!

Edited by Lily815

So glad you love the ship :) I so loved it too! The internet was frustrating at best, but I was glad someone had good service! I hoped that since we're paying so much for it, that they would have improved the service, but no luck.

Enjoy the Escape, and please go to Food Republic and have the Buffalo Rock Shrimp, I'm drooling now thinking abou them!

Regarding your quote about the internet being slow. What is so stupid is that they (NCL) could have improved that system. The Internet on the Quantum was AMAZING. So the tech is available. Makes you shrug your shoulders and say DUH!!! 🤓

I quoted the other poster, but wanted to make sure you saw this, too. I got my numbers transposed - we were in 14268, not 14286! I am so sorry for the confusion I caused.

Regarding your quote about the internet being slow. What is so stupid is that they (NCL) could have improved that system. The Internet on the Quantum was AMAZING. So the tech is available. Makes you shrug your shoulders and say DUH!!! 🤓

What I've read here on the Everything Escape thread is that Royal has the exclusive contract with that VROOM provider, and the extra satellite capacity for NCL doesn't currently exist. So there wasn't anything that could have been done to match Quantum's internet speed. Hopefully the satellite provider that NCL does use will be adding that capacity in the near future.

Today is a ship and pool day. We are in Nassau, and I have been here too many times to waste ship time on the island ;-)

This is an amazing ship. Simply amazing. Eating in the MDR tonight, and looking forward to it!

We may do the same when we are in Nassau. Wondering if the slides and ropes course are open as usual while the ship is in port.

Thanks for your report!

I THINK the internet satellite provider for RCI is only servicing RCI, and the Carnival internet only do CCL. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. NCL will have to have a company develop something for them, but I think it NEEDS to happen for them. But personally, really am not concerned with internet because I like to be disconnected during a cruise, but I can see the need other people have for faster internet.

While the ship sounds amazing and I am so happy to be booked on her for next year, the reports of the internet are a bit of a disappointment. I normally would not need it, but having elderly parents at home, I do need my daily email for peace of mind. I was offered 100 mins free internet with my studio booking, or could have taken 25.00 towards a pay dinner or excursion. I took the internet:rolleyes: Dummy me:D. I guess I am just going to have to book the unlimited, as it sounds like 100 mins wont get me far lol. Still, I am enjoying the reviews, and am so excited to look forward to travelling on this ship.

adding to say; heck even Carnival's internet is decent now. I wonder why NCL cant be as good.

Edited by SMSACE6

While the ship sounds amazing and I am so happy to be booked on her for next year, the reports of the internet are a bit of a disappointment. I normally would not need it, but having elderly parents at home, I do need my daily email for peace of mind. I was offered 100 mins free internet with my studio booking, or could have taken 25.00 towards a pay dinner or excursion. I took the internet:rolleyes: Dummy me:D. I guess I am just going to have to book the unlimited, as it sounds like 100 mins wont get me far lol. Still, I am enjoying the reviews, and am so excited to look forward to travelling on this ship.

Research different email apps - or read your emails in basic HTML, as they will load faster and use less minutes

adding to say; heck even Carnival's internet is decent now. I wonder why NCL cant be as good.

I emailed nonstop the entire cruise, even emailed pictures to people. I uploaded pictures to Facebook and also Photobucket right from the ship. No issues with email at all. We mostly communicated with FB Messenger or iMessenger. For FB Messenger, we used the voice option to speak 2 times each day to our son. We did this the entire transatlantic with no issues. We also video-chatted with him via Facetime app. I wouldn't simply assume it isn't going to work for you.