On the Escape!

Lily815

Because there isn't higher speed to have. There are only a few (maybe only 2, not sure if the others have launched yet) high bandwith low latency satellites commercially serving the Caribbean and RCCL has them under contract until sometime in the 2020s. NCL cannot buy what is not there nor can CCL who would love to have them too.

I guess I can live with slow speed...But can't help but feeling not getting what I pay for. I have an ADT system and sometimes my cat triggers it :( I'll need to remotely reset it if I'm away, therefore the need for wifi. Fingers crossed.

Do they have ping-pong tables on board?

I heard they have a bowling alley...How many lanes? Is there a wait?

So excited for our 11/21 embarkation :)

They do have ping-pong tables on board, but they cut the corners LOL. O'Sheehans has the bowling...two lanes and they are half size. Lots of fun though. See you on the Thanksgiving cruise next week.

We are in the main dining room now. The wine steward just reprimanded the waiter in front of everyone. Not cool!

At Le Bistro on Getaway, the waitress reprimanded the "waitress assistant?". That made our dinner less enjoyable than any mistakes the assistant did. I was sure to get the assistant's name and write a very complimentary report for her.

If people do things wrong fine, but never criticize in front of the customer.

So while you are waiting for a table at Margaritaville, can you get a drink from the bar inside that area? After being on the Getaway, it's hard to picture this area being a place you have to wait to be seated:confused:

Take the Flamingo outdoor buffet on the GA and put a hostess at the entrance by the running track and you have Maratitaville.

I have just 4 words for you:

Jerry Lee Lewis actor.

OMG!! That kid is brilliant. I mean, they were all brilliant, but what that kid can do with a piano is truly mind-blowing.

Agreed! Did Elvis kiss someone from the audience on the lips at your show?

So, I'm not the type of person who complains, and this is more of an observation than a complaint... Or an FYI if you will. So far, the best meal service has been in Margaritaville. Staff there has been friendly and on the ball. Dinner last night in the MDR was ... Perfunctory, for lack of a better word. No smiling, no pleasantries... Water glasses never refilled, etc. i chalked that one up to the waiter being reprimanded by the wine steward in public. We ate and left. No biggie. This morning though, it was bad. We went to the MDR for breakfast. I would love to say they were packed, short staffed, etc., but they weren't. We never got our coffee, never got the orange juice, and my breakfast was served and my husband's wasn't. 15 minutes after I finished eating, and my husband still wasn't served, we walked out and went to O'sheehans. Not cool at all. This is the 4th inaugural NCL sailing we have been on, and this crew just isnt the happy go lucky crew we have had in the past. A lot of them seem ... Miserable.. And I think that is very sad.

So, I'm not the type of person who complains, and this is more of an observation than a complaint... Or an FYI if you will. So far, the best meal service has been in Margaritaville. Staff there has been friendly and on the ball. Dinner last night in the MDR was ... Perfunctory, for lack of a better word. No smiling, no pleasantries... Water glasses never refilled, etc. i chalked that one up to the waiter being reprimanded by the wine steward in public. We ate and left. No biggie. This morning though, it was bad. We went to the MDR for breakfast. I would love to say they were packed, short staffed, etc., but they weren't. We never got our coffee, never got the orange juice, and my breakfast was served and my husband's wasn't. 15 minutes after I finished eating, and my husband still wasn't served, we walked out and went to O'sheehans. Not cool at all. This is the 4th inaugural NCL sailing we have been on, and this crew just isnt the happy go lucky crew we have had in the past. A lot of them seem ... Miserable.. And I think that is very sad.
Wow, Lily! I'm sorry to hear that. We had excellent, happy service each night we had dinner in the MDR on the TA. Never went there for breakfast, but I suppose I'd be grumpy too if I had to serve that crappy menu. ;) Just kidding. No excuse for that kind of service. I hope it isn't repeated again, and was just a one time massive failure. Have you done Margaritaville for breakfast yet?

I have just 4 words for you:

Jerry Lee Lewis actor.

OMG!! That kid is brilliant. I mean, they were all brilliant, but what that kid can do with a piano is truly mind-blowing.

Agreed.

He filled in at Howl for a while last evening, and that was fun.

MDQ is definitely well done.

Wow, Lily! I'm sorry to hear that. We had excellent, happy service each night we had dinner in the MDR on the TA. Never went there for breakfast, but I suppose I'd be grumpy too if I had to serve that crappy menu. ;) Just kidding. No excuse for that kind of service. I hope it isn't repeated again, and was just a one time massive failure. Have you done Margaritaville for breakfast yet?

No - I don't think Margaritaville is open for breakfast! It's not listed on the daily as being open, so we didnt try. Supposedly this sailing is sold out. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. We have been sailing NCL exclusively since 2007, and this is a first. I hope it improves!