Carnival/Barclay is really making me angry

dogchopper

You're owed credits for both promotions whether Barclays likes it or not. If you were promised perks during a promotion then you must receive them if you fulfilled the requirements of the promotional agreement.

If I were you I would send a professional e-mail to both the Barclay exec team and the Carnival exec team explaining the problem and your dissatisfaction with the broken agreement. Then file a BBB complaint and FTC complaint with the government.

I guarantee you will get a call from Carnival exec office within 48 hours (they're the best!) and a call from Barclay sometime after that. BBB and FTC will take a little longer but the info you submit will get sent to each company.

I hope you get this fixed soon!

Hi -

I too am having trouble getting them to honor their agreements - never got the promotional bonus points for when I signed up for the card -now not getting the 10% statement credit for our upcoming cruise booked within the promo period last summer.

Do you happen to know the email addresses for CCL and Barclays you had mentioned ?

Thanks a bunch

Hi -

I too am having trouble getting them to honor their agreements - never got the promotional bonus points for when I signed up for the card -now not getting the 10% statement credit for our upcoming cruise booked within the promo period last summer.

Do you happen to know the email addresses for CCL and Barclays you had mentioned ?

Thanks a bunch

I can't seem to figure out how to PM you on this board so I can send you the exec e-mails. Just sent a friend request and hopefully that will enable private messaging.

I can't seem to figure out how to PM you on this board so I can send you the exec e-mails. Just sent a friend request and hopefully that will enable private messaging.

Thanks for your help - spent an hour on the phone last night - They promised I'd see it on my next statement - funny they told me that month.

Do you happen to know if the offer of a 10% credit is on the full cruise price - or only the amounts that hit my CC during the promo period. (07/07 - 08/31)

By the way - I see you from ATL - I'm in Marietta !

Thanks again

Thanks for your help - spent an hour on the phone last night - They promised I'd see it on my next statement - funny they told me that month.

Do you happen to know if the offer of a 10% credit is on the full cruise price - or only the amounts that hit my CC during the promo period. (07/07 - 08/31)

Thanks again

Hey neighbor! I didn't see the Barclays promotional agreement terms so I'm not sure whats in the fine print. Sometimes you'll get an e-mail with the terms, but from what I've read on the Carnival Funville forums others are also having problems with Barclays honoring agreements and also with posting different terms online vs. mailings. You may have to do some digging online but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. waybackmachine Dot Com may have a copy of the original online agreement offer.

Good Luck!

Thanks again

I sure hope you get your 10% . I'm gonna call again tomorrow and see if anything is happening on mine..maybe I'll get somewhere!

I'm cuttin' mine up as well. If you don't pay off your bill at the end of the month, your interest rate will go to 24%. I called to inquire and they finally dropped it to an amazin' rate of 23%. Beware...

Not true. If you are late on your payment it can and probably will go to 24%. Mine has been at 13.24 or below since the day I applied for it five years ago.

I agree, the benefits of using the card aren't very good, but I put that on Carnival. Barclay can only offer what Carnival will allow.

I contacted Barclay this morning regarding the 10% credit for booking a new cruise. We'll see if just one communication will be enough. Shouldn't have to do that though.

How are you guys being notified of these promotions? We've used the Barclay card for years - it's the only card we use and we pay it off monthly - and we've never received such promotion alerts. Are you getting them via e-mail or mail??

Another reason not to use Barclays, they fish for new clients, while taking long time loyal customers for granted and ignoring them.

How are you guys being notified of these promotions? We've used the Barclay card for years - it's the only card we use and we pay it off monthly - and we've never received such promotion alerts. Are you getting them via e-mail or mail??

It came to me through the mail. A heavy paper flyer about 6x9.

I kept it and stapled it to my booking confirmation. I have taken advantage of other offers for statement credits (not Carnival or Barclay) and not followed through on them presuming that it would be done. Silly me. This one involved a bit more money, so ...

vw

Edited by vancelot

Got a response from Barclay. Quoted and edited for privacy below.

My query:

Earlier this year I received a mailing stating that if I purchased a new Carnival booking between 7/7/15 and 8/31/15 I would receive a ten percent statement credit.

Said purchase was made on 8/7/15 and I have yet to see that credit.

What's up?

Barclay's response:

Dear **** :

Thank you for contacting us here at your Carnival World MasterCard regarding the rewards bonus on your account.

We can confirm that you have met the qualifications for the 10% statement credit promotion and should post within 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended on August 31, 2015.

Please be advised that we have forwarded a case to the appropriate department for further review. This may take 7-10 business days to process. The case number is *****. Please know that we will make adjustments, if applicable. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care

vw

Got a response from Barclay. Quoted and edited for privacy below.

My query:

Earlier this year I received a mailing stating that if I purchased a new Carnival booking between 7/7/15 and 8/31/15 I would receive a ten percent statement credit.

Said purchase was made on 8/7/15 and I have yet to see that credit.

What's up?

Barclay's response:

Dear **** :

Thank you for contacting us here at your Carnival World MasterCard regarding the rewards bonus on your account.

We can confirm that you have met the qualifications for the 10% statement credit promotion and should post within 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended on August 31, 2015.

Please be advised that we have forwarded a case to the appropriate department for further review. This may take 7-10 business days to process. The case number is *****. Please know that we will make adjustments, if applicable. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care

vw

Hopefully it will get you your 10%. I was basically told the same thing today. It's been 7 days since i called but they said today...7 to 10 BUSINESS days.. so I shall wait a few more days

Barclays seems to be way behind the times because waiting until the promotion end date to apply a credit is circa 1980/90. Whenever I've received promotions from Chase and AMEX I normally see the promotional points and/or credits on the very next statement after I meet the requirements (30-60 days). This is true even when the promotion is still ongoing and hasn't ended.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully it will get you your 10%. I was basically told the same thing today. It's been 7 days since i called but they said today...7 to 10 BUSINESS days.. so I shall wait a few more days

Received the "summer promo" credit on 12/03/15