Veteran's Day 2015

Pumbaamd

Veteran's Day is very quiet here on CC. Have we forgotten?

From one veteran to all others . . . hope our fellow veteran military cruisers have had a good Veteran's Day. Just a few minutes left to honor our veterans on this special day. God bless you all and all I served with in Vietnam '66-'67.

Rick

Veteran's Day is very quiet here on CC. Have we forgotten?

From one veteran to all others . . . hope our fellow veteran military cruisers have had a good Veteran's Day. Just a few minutes left to honor our veterans on this special day. God bless you all and all I served with in Vietnam '66-'67.

Rick

Thank you for thanking our vets - I did not forget married to a vet, lots of parades and things going on here. Thank you vets for your service.

I do not think people have forgotten. There are many activities going on--even on the ship.

Our son is in the Middle East. He posted this on FB in response to a similar thought to the OP.

"Thank you to all the great people thanking Veterans today. Whether it's sending a care package, saying thank you in passing or something else, we all appreciate it. Some feel this should be a somber day intended solely for remembering those we've lost. But I don't think there is only one accepted way to feel or act on Veterans Day. I personally love seeing people dressed up in obnoxiously American attire while drinking a beer and eating a hot dog on days like today.

As a veteran, I take great pride in knowing that the job we do allows the rest of Americans to live life like there is no War going on at all. If you're looking for a measure of success in an ill-defined "war on terrorism" then look no further than the lack of fear in the American populace.

So to all my civilian friends, don't feel obliged to feel sad for us. We volunteered for this. Go ahead and have a great time today so our enemies will know that we cannot be terrorized. After all, America's too busy BBQing to live in fear."

Thank you so much. Served 20 yrs in the Navy (which explains why I LOVE cruising).

Our son serves on USS Oklahoma City, a fast attack sub, as a 2nd class petty officer, stationed over in Guam. He's thinking about reenlisting, and apparently enjoys his career!