Youth Programs for Teens?

Karen4kc

I have a 14 and 16 year old boys. They have been sailing since they were very young. There thing is always go the 1st night to the meet and greet for the kids. Every sailing is different and there they find some kids to hang around with in and out of the clubs. They look at the schedule and do the activities that interest them. Otherwise they do their own thing. But there has yet to be a cruise where they have not made new friends!

FYI it also depends on the time of year and where you are sailing to how many kids on board. We go winter and spring break so there are normally over 1,000 kids onboard. If you go during the normal school year and/or a route that is less kid friendly there might be only 30 kids onboard.

My is son is 12 so was in Circle C, but as stated above do go the first night. Club O2 has a meet and greet type thing the first night just like Circle C. Those 2 age groups are more about meeting people to hang out with. My son made friends with someone that is from our state. They did some activities like dodge ball and basketball, but mostly they hung out doing there own thing. They exchanged info and still talk each week.

I agree with what's been said re: "go the first night." It's pretty easy to make a friend the first night, because everyone's new. And the staff does a pretty good job with breaking the ice, introducing everyone, etc. After that, your son (and his new friend!! :D ) can decide what he/they want to do.

My 15 year old son will be attending Club 02 on the Conquest next month. We'll make sure he goes to the meet and greet the first night, and hopefully, makes some cruise buddies! My daughter loved Club 02, and still keeps in touch with friends she met back in 2012.

Edited by soccersharon

My kids always go the first night. They make friends and then get to decide as a group if teen club is "chill" or not. My girls still keep in touch with friends from all over. We usually go beginning of January and not as many kids on board, so it's very important to make friends the first night. They would sometimes do the 02 thing and sometimes just hang out together. Tell him it's just a way to meet a few kids he can be friends with so he can ditch his parents and not go to the art auction (or whatever boring other stuff you do). My kids have been on 10 cruises and never had a bad experience. In fact, my middle daughter just turned 18 and is bummed she can't attend anymore.