LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

Hi Jim

Enjoying the review. Can you tell me if you use the DL in the evenings? And if you do, do they allow shorts for guys? I am bringing jeans, But I like my shorts and polo shirts. Thanks

Mike

When we first became Diamond and were about to check out the DL for the first time during the posted cocktail hour, we were turned away at the lounge entrance for wearing shorts. Now, however, it seems anything goes...every where on the ships. Though ever since then we would never consider wearing shorts into the lounge or at dinner in the specialty restaurants or MDR, even with the slacking up of rules. Just would not feel comfortable.

But that is just us. Most simply wear what they feel comfortable in.

Edited by island lady

- Overall, the food was not hot!

- The bread was room temperature and the butter was ice cold and hard as a rock.

- Twice now we have asked for our asparagus to be fully cooked and it still came out crunchy.

- Judith ordered the chicken and it was just barely warm. The topping was cold!

- The Peppered Bacon Appetizer was fantastic! A 3/4" thick slab of bacon cooked just right!

- The Baked Potato was Gigantic and we split one. It was fully cooked but just barely warm and the chunks of butter (which were ice cold) didn't melt.

I'm curious....did you bring this their attention? I have always had a good experience at Chops, and would be very disappointed if the food comes out like this? We are on the Serenade right after you and are looking forward to a couple of meals there....

NO we did not complain primarily because after the waiter dripped off the food he disappeared!

We are going to try again tonight.

No shorts allowed during cocktail hour.

Thanks, I will make sure we have long pants packed. I sure hope they serve some good drinks...We were on the Navigator OTS in May and the drink for the week was a Chocolate Martini....Oh How I hope for those next week.

Edited by pscruzinboyz

All those pretty green islands, blue waters and colorful buildings make us want to pull up stakes and kiss these states goodbye and move there! What a life waking up to those gorgeous views everyday!

We're guessing you were at the kiddy pool around 6 am, not a tot in sight! lol.

:D

Hi Jim, thanks for the continuing reports, I'm really enjoying them, as are so many others.

So surprised your having issues in Chops. Our recent experiences in Chops on Serenade were very good. Hope it improves.

Hello to fellow 2011 Liberty TA "LOSTies" Peter & Mike, glad to see y'all still out there. Enjoy your upcoming Serenade cruises!

Hi Jim, thanks for the continuing reports, I'm really enjoying them, as are so many others.

So surprised your having issues in Chops. Our recent experiences in Chops on Serenade were very good. Hope it improves.

Hello to fellow 2011 Liberty TA "LOSTies" Peter & Mike, glad to see y'all still out there. Enjoy your upcoming Serenade cruises!

Hi Mike, yes still around although the upcoming Serenade sailing maybe our last for a while as we've 'discovered' Celebrity!

Last night I had a small case of the sniffles.

This morning when I got up it was gone but by 8 am it was back.

We decided to stay on board today and take it easy.

I am afraid that the sniffles may turn into a head cold so we cancelled out diner at Chops tonight and are continuing to take it easy.

There is nothing worse than getting sick on a cruise ship!

Been there, done that! Take it one day at a time. When you think you've washed your hands enough, so much that you swear you've washed your skin off, wash em' again!

Feel better!

Cathy

Last night I had a small case of the sniffles.

This morning when I got up it was gone but by 8 am it was back.

We decided to stay on board today and take it easy.

I am afraid that the sniffles may turn into a head cold so we cancelled out diner at Chops tonight and are continuing to take it easy.

At least you don't have far to go for medical advice. Hope you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Taking off

Hope you feel better soon.

DH and I just got our flu shot in preparation for our upcoming cruise. Last year we sailed on Vision of the Seas, in November, for the repositioning to Tampa. At the end I was very sick with the flu! Luckily it was at the end.

If you get back to Chops - I enjoyed the Fried Goat Cheese Salad and the huge Shrimp Cocktail as appetizers and the Huckleberry Cheesecake for dessert. Looking forward to trying it again on Indy!

Enjoying your reports.

Edited by Setting sail for fun
Wrong spelling

Thanks, I will make sure we have long pants packed. I sure hope they serve some good drinks...We were on the Navigator OTS in May and the drink for the week was a Chocolate Martini....Oh How I hope for those next week.

Find a bartender named Freddy - he makes a mean chocolate martini. He was working in the theater on the repo but also helped out in the DL/CL over flow area.

Sorry Everyone but today was a take it easy day.

We didn't leave the ship and I didn't take any more photos that I haven't posted yet.

We canceled Chops tonight.

The only good news is we booked an 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Serenade sailing 12 December 2016

We got some pills from the shops when they opened tonight and they are already helping with my sinuses.

I shot this photo of a print that I like that is on an easel for the art auction.

The color didn't come out quite right but I thought the painter did a great job with it.

FSCN1336_zpsqzftej71.jpg

When Judith and I got Married and combined our art collections we ended up with more pieces than we have places to hang. So just because I like it doesn't mean that I am going to buy it.

Hi Mike, Yep still going Strong, 3 weeks every year on a RCL Ship. Need to try Celebrity, hearing good things. Hope all is well!

Mike

Edited by pscruzinboyz