Searching for the best honeymoon cruise <3

s_taylor19

Hi y'all!

I am new to this site, and this is my first post. I have cruised before, but I am still a novice (and I wasn't sure where to post my question).

I am getting married in May (yay!!!), and we are wanting to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. We just traveled on the Carnival Glory in October and had an amazing trip!

We will be traveling with another couple on a dual honeymoon.

They would prefer to travel with Royal Caribbean, and have mentioned a port in Jamaica. Although the ports are not set in stone or deal breakers. I have been to Nassau twice, and would prefer not to go back, but I will. They are partial to RC since they have cruised that line before, but may be open minded if there were better options.

The dates we are looking at are June 10-20, 2016, and I want a 7 day at least. We don't have a very large budget, and I wasn't sure how to find the absolute best deal. :D I would love any recommendations you all may have!

Thank you so much!

Stephanie

Congrats on your wedding! And on joining Cruise Critic!

In the summer months there aren't many ships located in the Caribbean- most leave for Alaska or Europe. So the number to choose from is limited.

I don't think you will be unhappy if you go with RCI. Both Oasis and Allure should be in the Caribbean then, and those are in their own special category of ships. Go for it.

You get the best deal by doing the research- there isn't any secret way. If you have a travel agent, back the agent up with some online research. But you have to do the research.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I too would go with RCI as they sail the Caribbean this time of year. Our son and daughter in law did just that for their 1 year anniversary.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and taking a cruise for your honeymoon will be great. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Keith

We cruise both Carnival (Platinum next cruise) and Royal (Diamond next cruise). I have found service, food and amenities to compare favorably. You will like some of the differences and may dislike others. All differences are pretty minor. However, I believe Oasis and Allure are a different type of ship than all the others. We sail Oasis in Feb for the first time and I think we're really going to like it. Royal has a different atmosphere, more elegant and sophisticated. Maybe a bit older average age, but not an old foggy cruise.

Typically, Royal prices are a little higher but by booking early you can usually save and for a honeymoon you really should have everything nailed down early. It just so happens that Royal is having a sale now (but aren't they always) that seems attractive with OBC and half off the second person. I did a trial booking yesterday and the price is still higher than we paid when we booked it last year.

I totally agree with everyone else. It is your HONEYMOON!!!!!! Splurge the extra few dollars and go on the Oasis or Allure. You will not me sorry. They are the most amazing ships.

I have been on both and I have also been on the Glory (which was wonderful) but, the Oasis and Allure will BLOW YOU AWAY.

If Nassau is one of the ports on the destination you all choose, just stay on the ship and enjoy it. There is soooo much to do and see. Good luck to all of you and have an amazing wedding and honeymoon. :)

Book the Allure or Oasis--Allure was our favorite ship ever!!

LOTS of activities, LOTS of intimate areas, really great.

Spring for an oceanview balcony if you can--special for your honeymoon.

RCCL is having a sale right now--2nd person sails half price. If this promo applies to your dates it could be a good deal.

All that being said, those 2 ships are considerably more. Within your dates, Carnival has several ships sailing that could get you an interior room for $750-850 each. BUT if you DO want a balcony, their prices are honestly similar to Oasis & Allure--BUT Oasis & Allure are likely INSIDE balcony rooms (they overlook one of their "neighborhoods")--BUT since you are Honeymooning, if RCCL knows that, they MAY upgrade you (this is all just possibilities).

NCL is a tad more than Carnival--AND includes a drink package. If you drink, this is a great deal.

I have used 2 of the largest online TAs & have been very happy with both. The biggest advantage to booking with a TA is that you often get some extra perks.

We have had interiors a number of cruises & if it means cruising staying in an interior or not being able to afford the cruise, this is a no brainer for me--I'm cruising!

Edited by KKB