How to get an early embarkation slot?

marylizcat

Our Holiday starts as soon as we get on the A1. So Pack a few butties for the journey to Southampton. We stop at Watford Gap services for a tinkle, then another just short of the M27, so we don't need much lunch if any, but we'll be ready for our dinner on first sitting. [emoji506]🧀🤓

I love how you break your journey with a spot of piano playing. There's nothing like getting in the party mood before your cruise!:D

Hee hee. I never bother these days. I'm on holiday, not doing washing and ironing.

I totally agree with you Jean. I never do any washing or ironing on my cruises. I just like to put the out of order signs on the machines so everybody else can relax too. It's for the best.

Regards John

I love how you break your journey with a spot of piano playing. There's nothing like getting in the party mood before your cruise!:D

Thank You. 🤗 we'll be playing sea shanties at your local services near you very soon. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I totally agree with you Jean. I never do any washing or ironing on my cruises. I just like to put the out of order signs on the machines so everybody else can relax too. It's for the best.

Regards John

Hee hee - love it.

Florry, just don't bother. Put the dirty clothes into a bag and take home

Hee hee - love it.

Florry, just don't bother. Put the dirty clothes into a bag and take home

I don't think I have enough clothes to last 24 nights [emoji102] maybe if my diet goes well and I fit into everything that's too small I will be ok!

I don't think I have enough clothes to last 24 nights [emoji102] maybe if my diet goes well and I fit into everything that's too small I will be ok!

But then the clothes that fit now will be too big. Just buy more in your current size.;););)

The laundrettes on Arcadia are horrible, small and hot - no wonder there is always a fight about who moved who's laundry. Dreading my 24 nighter as will be forced to use it [emoji31]

Don't forget the laundrettes on deck 4 FWD. they are usually the quiet ones

Ah yes I seem to remember there aren't any in B so that deck go to A and C so D and below are better options :)

Yes. If I remember there three machines on decks 4,5,6 but theres four more machines on deck 4 forward opposite cabins E36 and E38 there the ones I got to use most

Happy Washing [emoji140]🏻

Enforcing embarkation times is utterly ridiculous for people arriving by public transport especially for people like me whose train options are limited. If the only train arrives in Southampton at 11.30am and I have an embarkation time of 3.30pm what do P&O expect me to do in the intervening period?

Lugging my luggage around for 4 hours is not an option especially as I'm not that mobile. If this policy is strictly enforced then that will be the end of travelling from Southampton for me. Do other cruise lines operate the same policy?

Enforcing embarkation times is utterly ridiculous for people arriving by public transport especially for people like me whose train options are limited. If the only train arrives in Southampton at 11.30am and I have an embarkation time of 3.30pm what do P&O expect me to do in the intervening period?

Lugging my luggage around for 4 hours is not an option especially as I'm not that mobile. If this policy is strictly enforced then that will be the end of travelling from Southampton for me. Do other cruise lines operate the same policy?

Hi Whoops, there are some hotels you can park yourself in, but if I was you (in your circumstances), I would just turn up. When you aren't that mobile and relying on trains and taxis perhaps getting there early and just waiting it out with a good book and a cup of tea is your best option. I don't think there is a law against that [emoji6]

It's not that much, and will worth it----your time is to enjoy the cruise.

Ok [emoji4] although with about 16 sea days, watching a punch up in the laundry might be a welcome diversion, might even pack a bag of popcorn [emoji6]

I went with a new cruiser once as a companion. He was a light packer and had the idea of doing a lauderette wash on board. I had assumed he would leave the load running and check back in an hour but no, he wanted to sit and wait right through the whole wash and drying process. I said you are paying £100 minimum a day on this holiday or something like £10 per hour while awake. It's a waste of money sitting there throughout the wash and dry. His response was "no one's nicking my pants!" I was surprised to say the least.

Regards John

I went with a new cruiser once as a companion. He was a light packer and had the idea of doing a lauderette wash on board. I had assumed he would leave the load running and check back in an hour but no, he wanted to sit and wait right through the whole wash and drying process. I said you are paying £100 minimum a day on this holiday or something like £10 per hour while awake. It's a waste of money sitting there throughout the wash and dry. His response was "no one's nicking my pants!" I was surprised to say the least.

Regards John

He had a point. Under pants are expensive [emoji3]