Celebrity Suites the Step Children of the Fleet

CHEZMARYLOU

This is unconfirmed and highly suspect.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Having looked at my booking since I posted I think its because its vanished from the stuff that's offered there.

I didn't book just for MC so I'm not bothered that its now open to sky suites, although I can understand someone who booked a CS over a SS for this reason being upset.

If I don't get my two specialty restaurants I will be very annoyed though. Along with the removal of lunch on port days, its NOT what I booked. :mad:

Seriously? To compare the underground (Subway) to Michael's Club? :rolleyes:There are people richer than you sailing in cabins "beneath you" (quotes mine). It will still be an intimate venue, where people are approachable, and I am happy to meet all kinds of people, well, some people

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Lets see, I think Michaels will be over crowded pre dinner, you do not. One of us will be right and I hope its not me.

I take it from your comment that you do not wish to meet people who travel on the subway and apparently judge peoples wealth by the fact that they do so I guess if we manage to meet in Michaels we may not get on.

No matter, there will be plenty of others to talk to and plenty of opportunities for introductions. "oops sorry, was that your toe", "oh I am sorry could not help catching your drink", " any chance you could pass a message to the chap at the front"..........'

Did you ever live and work in a big city??? You might be surprised who travels by tube from time to time. Its often much quicker than using the chauffeur:).

Happy sailing.

Having looked at my booking since I posted I think its because its vanished from the stuff that's offered there.

I didn't book just for MC so I'm not bothered that its now open to sky suites, although I can understand someone who booked a CS over a SS for this reason being upset.

If I don't get my two specialty restaurants I will be very annoyed though. Along with the removal of lunch on port days, its NOT what I booked. :mad:

Yeah, I hear you, the thing is, they would just take care of it onboard, that is the great thing about MC and I doubt it will change.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Lets see, I think Michaels will be over crowded pre dinner, you do not. One of us will be right and I hope its not me.

I take it from your comment that you do not wish to meet people who travel on the subway and apparently judge peoples wealth by the fact that they do so I guess if we manage to meet in Michaels we may not get on.

No matter, there will be plenty of others to talk to and plenty of opportunities for introductions. "oops sorry, was that your toe", "oh I am sorry could not help catching your drink", " any chance you could pass a message to the chap at the front"..........'

Did you ever live and work in a big city??? You might be surprised who travels by tube from time to time. Its often much quicker than using the chauffeur:).

Happy sailing.

Oh, man, sarcasm much? That is what THIS --> :rolleyes: generally means.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Here is the thing that no one is bring up. Maybe they expeirence will be BETTER with more people. Sure, sometimes it is busier, but often it is dead and we just walk away. They are putting all of the Michael's Club concierges through a new international training program. Maybe that training program believes there the ratio of staff to concierge is not enough to make it an effective program.

I am sure there will be some challenges to start, but I am not overly worried our experience will be downgraded.

Without removing the sting some feel, there are two sides to everything and you can look at the brighter side. You'll have the opportunity to meet many more people in Michael's Club than you did before.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You have the right attitude! That's one of the perks of cruising-meeting different folks that we would have normally never met.

This is unconfirmed and highly suspect.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It is probably just one of the problems on the web site but the free specialty dinners for SS & CS have disappeared from Celebrity's web site for Solstice class but not M Class. I did an on line chat yesterday with a Celebrity ambassador and he had no info, in fact I had more than he did. Called the CC and after 15 minutes on hold spoke with a rep who had no info, on hold for another 15 minutes and still no answer. I am suppose to be getting a call tomorrow from a Celebrity Concierge who was off for the weekend. My CVP is on vacation until Wednesday. I told the "ambassador" that I would email him when I had an answer, he offered me a job. LOL.

Another poster on this thread also inquired and got no info but the CC noted her reservation that she booked with the 2 free dinner perks on a 14 night cruise.

I still maintain that Celebrity should have offered an additional small perk for CS. There are not many CS and since they enhanced suites above the CS by adding more perks it would be at very little cost but would make CS cruisers feel like some value has been added back.

Well I hope so, but wont they be very busy with all the new people? :rolleyes:

Likely only during the dinner rush from 6 to 8 pm. Noon time, it's usually a ghost town, so now we may see 6 people in there. I think the concierge can handle that.

Likely only during the dinner rush from 6 to 8 pm. Noon time, it's usually a ghost town, so now we may see 6 people in there. I think the concierge can handle that.

And why should I rearrange my day to go at lunchtime to avoid a long wait to get the level of service I received under the previous arrangements? Some of us cruise to enjoy the ports of call, something the concierges assistance in has to date been invaluable.

Here is the thing that no one is bring up. Maybe they expeirence will be BETTER with more people. Sure, sometimes it is busier, but often it is dead and we just walk away. They are putting all of the Michael's Club concierges through a new international training program. Maybe that training program believes there the ratio of staff to concierge is not enough to make it an effective program.

I am sure there will be some challenges to start, but I am not overly worried our experience will be downgraded.

Without removing the sting some feel, there are two sides to everything and you can look at the brighter side. You'll have the opportunity to meet many more people in Michael's Club than you did before.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

It is so unusual for you and I to disagree but, on this subject, I have to. We have only been on two cruises since Michael's Club as a suite lounge was introduced but, on both cruises, MC was packed on every evening for most of the evening. We would sit there, people would go to dinner and be back in MC before we were ready to leave for our meal. It was not just busy for an hour or two. And I know that we meet people from eligible suites in Luminae who did not use MC.

I understand from Cruise Critic that there are cruises where MC is less used but we cannot have been on the only two cruises where it was well utilised. I just honestly cannot understand how the rooms cannot accommodate any more people no matter how well trained the staff are or how many extra staff Celebrity deploy. The walls are not elastic.

It is not that anyone wants to refuse those in Sky Suites the experience we have had in Michael's Club rather that some of us can see that everyone may be denied the experience by this change.

Seriously? To compare the underground (Subway) to Michael's Club? :rolleyes:There are people richer than you sailing in cabins "beneath you" (quotes mine). It will still be an intimate venue, where people are approachable, and I am happy to meet all kinds of people, well, some people

Travel on the Underground in London has absolutely nothing to do with how "rich" or "poor" someone is. It also, in case that is what is implied, does not have anything to do with "class". The Underground can be an extremely "intimate" venue [and hence the current anti-groping campaign being run by TFL] but that does not make it pleasant.

Edited by Project_gal

We too have had very busy Michaels Club on our cruises at the time that is most likely to be a pressure point 5-8 and throughout embarkation. There is no getting away from that fact and it's ridiculous to judge it by it's utilisation between 10 and 5 especially on port days

I would like a response from Celebrity as to why when extra benefits were given to the PH and RS, those who had paid the premium for Michaels Club in CS were being ignored and nothing given to them over and above what SS have - the extra space alone is not enough of a reason given the premium paid.

Or is there truth in the shipboard rumours that SS will soon not have butlers whereas CS and above will be keeping them?

Edited by uktog

Jenna

It is so unusual for you and I to disagree but, on this subject, I have to. We have only been on two cruises since Michael's Club as a suite lounge was introduced but, on both cruises, MC was packed on every evening for most of the evening. We would sit there, people would go to dinner and be back in MC before we were ready to leave for our meal. It was not just busy for an hour or two. And I know that we meet people from eligible suites in Luminae who did not use MC.

I understand from Cruise Critic that there are cruises where MC is less used but we cannot have been on the only two cruises where it was well utilised. I just honestly cannot understand how the rooms cannot accommodate any more people no matter how well trained the staff are or how many extra staff Celebrity deploy. The walls are not elastic.

It is not that anyone wants to refuse those in Sky Suites the experience we have had in Michael's Club rather that some of us can see that everyone may be denied the experience by this change.

Travel on the Underground in London has absolutely nothing to do with how "rich" or "poor" someone is. It also, in case that is what is implied, does not have anything to do with "class". The Underground can be an extremely "intimate" venue [and hence the current anti-groping campaign being run by TFL] but that does not make it pleasant.

I do agree on some itinieries it will likely be problematic, especially on repositioning cruises where drink packages are not offered. These would include TAs, TPs, canals crossings, etc. S-class more than M-class and especially Reflection. One solution I could see easily implemented for embarkation disembarkation is using Murano for space, certainly plenty here directly adjacent to MC. It would not solve the evening crunch on those cruises that have it.

We too have had very busy Michaels Club on our cruises at the time that is most likely to be a pressure point 5-8 and throughout embarkation. There is no getting away from that fact and it's ridiculous to judge it by it's utilisation between 10 and 5 especially on port days

I would like a response from Celebrity as to why when extra benefits were given to the PH and RS, those who had paid the premium for Michaels Club in CS were being ignored and nothing given to them over and above what SS have - the extra space alone is not enough of a reason given the premium paid.

Or is there truth in the shipboard rumours that SS will soon not have butlers whereas CS and above will be keeping them?

Stop starting rumors. ALL of the new suite promotional materials market that suits (including sky suites) have Euro trained butlers. The above is not going to happen.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Stop starting rumors. ALL of the new suite promotional materials market that suits (including sky suites) have Euro trained butlers. The above is not going to happen.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I am merely repeating what I was told - as I said in my post, that is not starting a rumour. The rationale given to me by the person who advised me this was being considered was because they wanted to bring X in line with RC in terms of Junior suites.

Promotional material is only as good as the paper it is written on and Xs track record in this respect is not good, as many posters have previously highlighted re Luminae (I am not starting a luminae debate, merely illustrating a point.

It is probably just one of the problems on the web site but the free specialty dinners for SS & CS have disappeared from Celebrity's web site for Solstice class but not M Class. I did an on line chat yesterday with a Celebrity ambassador and he had no info, in fact I had more than he did. Called the CC and after 15 minutes on hold spoke with a rep who had no info, on hold for another 15 minutes and still no answer. I am suppose to be getting a call tomorrow from a Celebrity Concierge who was off for the weekend. My CVP is on vacation until Wednesday. I told the "ambassador" that I would email him when I had an answer, he offered me a job. LOL.

Another poster on this thread also inquired and got no info but the CC noted her reservation that she booked with the 2 free dinner perks on a 14 night cruise.

I still maintain that Celebrity should have offered an additional small perk for CS. There are not many CS and since they enhanced suites above the CS by adding more perks it would be at very little cost but would make CS cruisers feel like some value has been added back.

I've just received an e-mail from guest services at Celebrity Cruises UK which confirms that we will get 2 complimentary speciality dinners for our 14 night cruise in July next year in a Sky Suite. We booked last November.

I am merely repeating what I was told - as I said in my post, that is not starting a rumour. The rationale given to me by the person who advised me this was being considered was because they wanted to bring X in line with RC in terms of Junior suites.

Promotional material is only as good as the paper it is written on and Xs track record in this respect is not good, as many posters have previously highlighted re Luminae (I am not starting a luminae debate, merely illustrating a point.

I am afraid that you cannot trust what anyone on the ship tells you. Last year on the Eclipse, pre the dry dock, the hotel director told us about various changes that would happen while in the dry dock. They only actually carried out a few of them as head office had changed their minds.

I now take anything that I am told onboard with a bit pinch of salt and only believe what I see after the event. All the crew do is pass on the latest rumour (or what they have just made up).

But this would not bring it inline with RCCL as they only provide genies in the highest level suites, not in the mid level suites (equal to Celebrity Suites). Bring them in line would mean no butlers in CS.

Regardless of where you heard it, it is a rumor and I would bet my upcoming cruises, not going to happen. They have been promoting this differentiation between X and other lines Backing down from this would be a change (removal of benefits) which is very different than expansion of benefits.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Exactly, and nothing has been taken away from anyone, just some people are upset they will have more people in their private space. 2 days ago everyone was happy with the fare paid for their cabin, now some are upset for no real reason than someone else just got a an advantage they couldn't take advantage of. It boils down to nosing in on someone else's business.

I welcome SkySuites to Michaels, I suggested this change a year ago.

Agree....Change can be nice and we have been in many Suites CS and above

I spoke with the Eclipse shore side Concierge late today. No update on the free specialty dinners for CS & SS but she will get back to me.

As far as CS guests being short changed and adding additional perks for CS, she had not thought about that and it had not been brought up at any meetings regarding the changes. FWIW, she will bring up the issue so if anyone in a CS feels that additional perks should be offered, such as internet, laundry, mini bar, champagne, I suggest you email celebrity with your concerns.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Has it occurred to anyone who feels they are being short-changed, that perhaps Sky Suites should have been given the extra perks all along and that now that is being recognized and corrected? And whether one uses the extra real estate or not, on a cruise ship pricing is primarily about the square footage being taken up. Every square foot of space means $$.

Being someone who has only had the luck to stay in a suite once (a SS, using a last minute GTY good price before all these perks), I also find this thread the ultimate in first world country whining. My goodness. If you can afford a CS, you certainly can afford to go out of Michaels and buy a drink at another bar if it gets too crowded for your comfort. Geez folks:eek:

I spoke with the Eclipse shore side Concierge late today. No update on the free specialty dinners for CS & SS but she will get back to me.

As far as CS guests being short changed and adding additional perks for CS, she had not thought about that and it had not been brought up at any meetings regarding the changes. FWIW, she will bring up the issue so if anyone in a CS feels that additional perks should be offered, such as internet, laundry, mini bar, champagne, I suggest you email celebrity with your concerns.

Agree email concerns@celebrity.com.

If true and they overlooked this impact ....what else did they overlook.......

Has it occurred to anyone who feels they are being short-changed, that perhaps Sky Suites should have been given the extra perks all along and that now that is being recognized and corrected? And whether one uses the extra real estate or not, on a cruise ship pricing is primarily about the square footage being taken up. Every square foot of space means $$.

Being someone who has only had the luck to stay in a suite once (a SS, using a last minute GTY good price before all these perks), I also find this thread the ultimate in first world country whining. My goodness. If you can afford a CS, you certainly can afford to go out of Michaels and buy a drink at another bar if it gets too crowded for your comfort. Geez folks:eek:

Agreed, I felt Sky suites were shortchanged up front.

But I neglected to make a thread complaining about it, nor even got personally distraught about it. I just accepted business can make its decisions, and moved on.

I'm glad to see this thread is getting less negative. I was starting to feel that being a person who only booked a sky suite, I was less than a second class citizen.

Tell you what, I will only use Michael's when it is almost empty, I promise never to burden the Concierge. And if I encounter a Celebrity Suite class person, I will throw rose petals at their feet.[emoji57]

We've been getting coupons for laundry and internet - perks that came as such a pleasant surprise the first time - as well as invitations to Elite functions.

For us, a CS is all about having a separate bedroom (one of us rises early, the other goes to bed very late).

Those who have problems accepting the changes will surely be resourceful enough find cruise lines that suit them better. After all, many of us moved on to Celebrity from other lines and will probably be moving on in the future.