Is the Oasis of the seas that good?.

I haven't sailed Oasis but I mostly sail in fall/winter (by choice). It is a wonderful time to cruise. Beautiful weather and lower prices than summer, at least for Caribbean/Bahamas. I can't think of any drawbacks to January sailing except the pool water might be a little cool.

We sailed on a B2B on Oasis in September and I can honestly say the ship is definately a wow. The entertainment is fantastic (we loved cats). Having said that it was not my favourite Royal cruise and I am not sure I would sail that class again. Sofar Independence tops my list. I do think that everyone should try an Oasis class as it is so different to any other cruise ship. Even though it is not my favourite we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks on her.

We sailed on a B2B on Oasis in September and I can honestly say the ship is definately a wow. The entertainment is fantastic (we loved cats). Having said that it was not my favourite Royal cruise and I am not sure I would sail that class again. Sofar Independence tops my list. I do think that everyone should try an Oasis class as it is so different to any other cruise ship. Even though it is not my favourite we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks on her.

Thanks, we still have a lot of planning to do "Long flights etc", but also considering booking both Oasis and Independence to make the trip more worth while.

We loved Oasis and have sailed on her our last two cruises. We will try Allure this Jan. We always cruise in Jan or Feb. and find the Carib warm and beautiful. It has been a little cool, at times,in Florida and Nassau esp. In the early Am and late pm. We usually only swim once in the Carib. due to cool water temps. The shows are wonderful and my husband loves the fact that he never feels the ship move so he doesn't need to take the sea sickness meds which make him drowsy.

In our experience, yes, Oasis is THAT good! January would be fine for a Caribbean cruise. Most US kids will be in school. If we did not have one in school ourselves, I would cruise in January/February. :)