Princess shows

ibchupacabra

Hi all. It has been a while since I have been on a princess cruise. From what I recall is there are two shows a night. Is the earlier show more family friendly? I'm thinking of the magician, but there might be other examples. Thanks in advance for your reply. :confused:

Hi all. It has been a while since I have been on a princess cruise. From what I recall is there are two shows a night. Is the earlier show more family friendly? I'm thinking of the magician, but there might be other examples. Thanks in advance for your reply. :confused:

It is the same show repeated twice a night. There may be verbatim differences with a comedian or singer, ie a little improve depending on the crowd response but essentially the dame shows.

Exception is if the comedian does an adults only show late at night. This is a one off show, usually held in a lounge rather than the theater, and late at night - 11:15/11:30. Doesn't conflict with whatever entertainment is in the theater for the night. Usually contains some language and more adult themes.

Edited by reedprincess

Generally the show in the main theatre starts between 8-830pm for early show and between 10-1030pm for late show. If there is a late night deck party the late seating show will move to before dinner and start about 7pm

In general, for most of the shows in the main Princess theater, plan on getting there early. Good shows end up being full houses. At least 30 mins early for the better shows to be sure to get seats for your entire group. Be sure everyone shows up at the same time. Holding seats is usually not a good idea when there are people walking the aisles trying to find seating for themselves.

once a cruise is extremely rare?

I can't remember the last such show on a Princess cruise. Both early and late shows have almost always been at worst PG on Princess.

Now on Carnival it is almost every night.

Edited by caribill

Hi,

I have just completed a cruise on Golden Princess to the islands and noticed that there were less live shows (including dancers and singers)especially themed shows. I am sure the Dawn Princess had more regular live production shows and even their main performers would come out on the excursions as an overseer. I am not sure what the dancers and singers did for most of the cruise. Princess seem to repeat their shows, I have seen the same themed shows on most cruises over the past 5/6 years but just re costumed. The singers and dancers are good at their work but I think they are under utilised.

I am not mad on most comedians but I must say that they got it right on the Golden Princess, the New Zealand comedian/voice impersonator was excellent, as was ' The

Doc' and 'The Scottish Fellow' who had a very dry sense of humour, great story teller with great witt, great piano playing and singing.

I am just not sure why there were less full production shows!!!!!

Regards,:):)

I am just not sure why there were less full production shows!!!!!

You don't say how many production shows you had, but on most Princess ships the cast has been trained to do only three or four different show and the scenery/props/costumes for those shows are the only ones on the ship.

So if you were on a 13 day cruise and they had three or four production shows, then you saw all that cast could possibly present.

Except for the occasional "late night shows", all Princess entertainment is family friendly.

I haven't see any "late Night shows" in a few years even since there were some complaints from a few people who got insulted by the language. :(

(even though they were warned numerous times befor the show started)

In general, for most of the shows in the main Princess theater, plan on getting there early. Good shows end up being full houses. At least 30 mins early for the better shows to be sure to get seats for your entire group. Be sure everyone shows up at the same time. Holding seats is usually not a good idea when there are people walking the aisles trying to find seating for themselves.

And there will be an announcement that holding seats is forbidden.

I don't know the answer to your question....but I love your screen name:)

There will be 2-3 production shows in Princess Theater, 1 or 2 possibly in either Fusion or Explores. The night that there is not a production show, who knows. Depends on what the entertainment guys send to the ship. Last cruise we were on on the Emerald we had a singer, a comedian and an impressionist who did impressions od singers. Chatted with the CD and complimented him on the level of talent of the entertainers. Told me that he did select them and corporate did. He added that he first met the singer and impressionist the day they got on the ship.

On a side not totally but sort of related to thread. When a singer comes on the ship as an entertainer, he or she brings their music with them and often the band has only a 2-3 hours to rehearse with them before the show. Says something about the musical talent of the band