Free use of Shower, Sauna and Steam Room on Escape?

chrcruiser

Be cruising on the new escape in February. On previous cruises with another Cruise line i have enjoyed free use of shower, sauna and steam room after a workout. Is this feature available on the Escape or is this only available with the purchase of Thermal Suite?

Be cruising on the new escape in February. On previous cruises with another Cruise line i have enjoyed free use of shower, sauna and steam room after a workout. Is this feature available on the Escape or is this only available with the purchase of Thermal Suite?

NCL doesn't do free any more. Nickels and dimes are what they are after.

Carnival still has free, RCCL I think has free but very basic. Princess has free on older ships but not newest two and probably ones going forward.

I understand the sauna, those things are actually expensive to operate and maintain, but a shower should really be available.

This think they were referring to how on other lines there is free access to a locker room with a sauna, steam room, and showers. NCL made these features a paid option.

6&8

Carnival still has free, RCCL I think has free but very basic. Princess has free on older ships but not newest two and probably ones going forward.

I understand the sauna, those things are actually expensive to operate and maintain, but a shower should really be available.

This is just a guess... But people used to post about cramming a cabin to the max and using the spa facilities for daily showering. Perhaps it was difficult for those paying for treatments to use the showers. The spa should be a tranquil place. Not a revolving door shower facility for those who do not patronize the spa and fitness center.

Just my guess???

I suspected that might be a factor. I'd just prefer to see a shower so as not to have to share an elevator with the person who through no fault of their own has just done 60 mins on the stairstepper and has to head back to their cabin to rinse.

This is just a guess... But people used to post about cramming a cabin to the max and using the spa facilities for daily showering. Perhaps it was difficult for those paying for treatments to use the showers. The spa should be a tranquil place. Not a revolving door shower facility for those who do not patronize the spa and fitness center.

Just my guess???

Doesn't help with Escape or the newer ships, but the older ones, Sun, Gem, Jade, etc. have locker rooms that include a shower and steam...Sun also has a sauna. On Gem, Jade (and presumably Pearl and Jewel) this area is locked off of the gym. On Sun it is part of the Spa and not very well advertised as being open to everyone but as of my last sailing (April 2015) it was still free.

Edited by Clay Clayton

I suspected that might be a factor. I'd just prefer to see a shower so as not to have to share an elevator with the person who through no fault of their own has just done 60 mins on the stairstepper and has to head back to their cabin to rinse.

I suspect that a person who spends 60 minutes on a stair stepper would use the stairs.

Are the Paid for SPA facilities unisex or separate for male/female ( steam and sauna rooms)?

Both. At least on the Epic, there were the communal steamroom and sauna(s), as well as a steamroom and sauna in both the men and women's changing areas/bathrooms. The separate ones were smaller, though.

Can't speak for every NCL ship, but the one's I've been on require a spa pass.

There are a limited number of lockers available, therefore a limited number of passes.

Don't really know how staff would monitor casual users from availing themselves of the rest of the facilities.

As to LMB's post, maybe NCL should just make it free to all comers, then no one would enjoy themselves.

Spa passes get wristbands on some ships. No wrist band, not entrance.

If you purchase a Thermal Suite Spa Pass, you get a sticker on your room key. Each time you go to the Spa, you trade your room key for a key to the thermal suite.

Thermal suite includes dry sauna, wet sauna, steam room, salt bath, snow room, hydro therapy pool, hot rock loungers, loungers

cdb051332f4b22eaf8633f22d8ae7e19.jpg8c4ab1e57d63ebffd9d3580acd830358.jpg35d37b4986937acf31ee9e9e9c58c330.jpg00b3f64361de7299a34aea8ac49697e1.jpgab69e4c04cb0f53659813d08de859ee1.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Both. At least on the Epic, there were the communal steamroom and sauna(s), as well as a steamroom and sauna in both the men and women's changing areas/bathrooms. The separate ones were smaller, though.

There are no saunas or steam rooms in the locker rooms on BA, GA, or Escape. All unisex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 months later...
Are on THE ESCAPE the Sauna all mixed or is there as well one in the locker room! I hate to wear something while sweating in the Sauna!

Your answer is in post #18

There are no saunas or steam rooms in the locker rooms on BA, GA, or Escape. All unisex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wear your swimwear !

Are on THE ESCAPE the Sauna all mixed or is there as well one in the locker room! I hate to wear something while sweating in the Sauna!

There are no saunas in the locker room. They are all co-ed facilities in the thermal suite. You need to have a Thermal Suite pass to access the facilities.