Regal Princess is top notch!

heeb

Thank you for the positive review on the Regal. Glad you enjoyed the voyage. A quick question if you don't mind. Do you know or remember if they were offering 375ml bottles of wine in the buffet area?

Thank you

louden

I was on the 11/8 Regal sailing and I did see the 375 ml bottles of wine in the buffet. I saw them the night we did crab shack. My mother actually purchased a bottle of Robert Mondavi chardonnay for $6.95 (fyi you can not use the AIBP's 40% discount).

I was on the 11/8 Regal sailing and I did see the 375 ml bottles of wine in the buffet. I saw them the night we did crab shack. My mother actually purchased a bottle of Robert Mondavi chardonnay for $6.95 (fyi you can not use the AIBP's 40% discount).

Since it is under $10.00, why would the AIBP not include it at no charge?

Not really sure but there was a sign above the display stating that it was a special and the AIBP Discount did not apply. I could have misunderstood the sign but I took it to mean I could not buy it at the 40% discount and share.

But you are right I should have been able to get the bottle for myself with the sticker. I didn't bother I continued to order my wine by the glass

The only thing I can think of is that a bottle of that size is typically more than "one drink" so they may have excluded it due to the volume of liquor (wine) inside the bottle, not the price.

Other than that, I would be interested in hearing their explanation for exclusion.

Can anybody tell me if I should expect to see an alarm clock in my room (C226 - BB balcony, deck 10)? I usually pack a clock for the room, but when we sailed RCL's Allure of the Seas, there was a clock in the room. I thought, maybe, just maybe, since Regal is a newer ship, it might have a clock. I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

Can anybody tell me if I should expect to see an alarm clock in my room (C226 - BB balcony, deck 10)? I usually pack a clock for the room, but when we sailed RCL's Allure of the Seas, there was a clock in the room. I thought, maybe, just maybe, since Regal is a newer ship, it might have a clock. I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

Like all princess ships the only "clock" is the telephone digital display. BTW, you can't see it in the dark without a flashlight. The good thing is you can get an alarm service (wake up call) anytime of the day or night if that is all that you need it for.

Edited by ar1950

In the interest of full disclosure we should have added that if you ask the waiter for OJ (from concentrate) or coffee you will get instinct gratification :). If you order tea, tomato juice, etc.....there will be some delay as they have to go get that stuff. This just plays into DW's lifelong rant that most of the world discriminates against tea drinkers (except in the UK).

But one other tip. I always get a coffee card and spend lots of time in the International Cafe drinking various coffee drinks or their fresh brewed coffee. But DW refused to pay for tea in that venue. So she "steals" teabags from the Lido and brings them with her when we go to the IC. I use my coffee card to get coffee (or perhaps a cappuccino) and also just ask for a cup of hot water (which is free) for DW. Works for us :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I have always been able to get tea free in the I.C. area just by showing my coffee card. I sometimes get tea for me and coffee for DH just by showing the one coffee card. Tea does not get a punch.

You do not pay for tea or coffee if you have a coffee card. But considering you had to pay about $33 for that card...not sure we would call the coffee/tea free.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

You do not pay for tea or coffee if you have a coffee card. But considering you had to pay about $33 for that card...not sure we would call the coffee/tea free.

Hank

Well for us it is. We often change our elite bar setup for two coffee cards. But back a few years, before we were elite, we always bought one.

I would think you could set up a wake up call on your room phone. It's what we do.