Dining Package- is it worth it?

kohlepe

Has anyone tried the dinning package? I got an email last week with the price below.

PACKAGEOASIS & QUANTUM CLASSOTHER SHIPS

3 Restaurants$80$70

4 Restaurants$95$85

5+ Restaurants$110$100

Chef's table does not include right? Debating if we should go for it or not.

Thoughts?

On a 7 day cruise we tend to eat in the specialty restaurants twice, so the package doesn't make sense for us. But, if you typically dine in the specialty restaurants 3 or more times, then it seems to be a good deal. On a cruise longer than 7 days we would probably take advantage of the offer.

We did it on Freedom in early September all 7 nights. We loved it. Nice, quiet dining experiences every evening and it was worth every penny to us.

I doubt we would ever do it if we were cruising with friends as we enjoy dining & visiting with them. When we cruise alone again, we may sure do it.

Chef's Table is not included :(

Edited by TexCruise371

We had planned on eating on at least 1 specialty restaurant, and possibly two - Chops & 150 Central Park. Chops is $39 pp and 150CP is $40 pp, so $80 pp for 3 restaurants is essentially Buy-2-Get-1-Free, so we went ahead and did it. You must use one of your dinners either the first or second night. RCCL chooses the restaurant for you, but from what I understand you can change that restaurant if you would prefer a different one. The other two you get to choose.

We have a different perspective than most people. Since we've paid so much to cruise in the first place, and usually have to fly across country to get to the cruise ship, we're not going to pay more to eat at a specialty restaurant. Also, we live over 60 miles from the nearest big town so we don't eat out anyway and have found that the times that we do end up eating out we don't enjoy paying the outrageous prices for a meal. Plus, our cruising group usually consists of 5, sometimes 7, people and we enjoy spending dinner time together. Most of the group we only see when we cruise so it's nice to have this time together.

We had planned on eating on at least 1 specialty restaurant, and possibly two - Chops & 150 Central Park. Chops is $39 pp and 150CP is $40 pp, so $80 pp for 3 restaurants is essentially Buy-2-Get-1-Free, so we went ahead and did it. You must use one of your dinners either the first or second night. RCCL chooses the restaurant for you, but from what I understand you can change that restaurant if you would prefer a different one. The other two you get to choose.

This is where is gets confusing to me. Do I book my restaurant choices ahead of time or do I have to wait until on ship? Or does RCL book them for me?

We are looking at Harmony so its next year but I want to be able to book the nights and times (early) I want and the restaurants I want. I enjoy eating in a specialty the first night so that's not a issue

This is where is gets confusing to me. Do I book my restaurant choices ahead of time or do I have to wait until on ship? Or does RCL book them for me?

We are looking at Harmony so its next year but I want to be able to book the nights and times (early) I want and the restaurants I want. I enjoy eating in a specialty the first night so that's not a issue

You pick if you want to use it on night 1 or two and you choose your dining time, they choose the restaurant. You book the others on board. We sail in 11 days so I can report back then, but as I understand it you can modify the first dining choice at Guest Services if you're not happy with their selection.

Edited by MikeBTN

Here it the fact sheet for the package.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

I find that dealing with the specialty dining managers onboard is a great experience and they tend to be very accommodating. You might find that one night could be 'upgraded' with fee to the Chef's Table, although it may not be offered on Oasis.

I did the old Chef's Table dining package on Oasis a couple years ago on a 7 night and I was able to do a couple venues at lunch making that cruise a wonderful experience.

On the Oasis TA sailing last year they actually offered 50% off on the 1st and 2nd night, port nights and formal nights, so I had no need for any package, but I would certainly book this one or do an onboard deal like this on Oasis.

We were on the Allure 12 night transatlantic and bought the package when we boarded. We used it starting the 2nd night and it was worth every penny! It was no trouble booking our tables online in our cabin. We really enjoyed the variety. One night we had a slight conflict in that the show we'd booked ended at the same time as our reservation. My husband made a trip to the restaurant and told the maitre' d that afternoon that we might be a bit late and it was fine. They were expecting us when we got there and gave us a wonderful seat. That was at 150 Central Park. Excellent meal!

Hello

When I log into the cruise planner there is a banner that says. ... "now serving : speciality dinning packages "

It won't allow me to click on the banner and I can't find a place to book this. It does allow me to book speciality dinning but not the package

Am I missing something?

Hello

When I log into the cruise planner there is a banner that says. ... "now serving : speciality dinning packages "

It won't allow me to click on the banner and I can't find a place to book this. It does allow me to book speciality dinning but not the package

Am I missing something?

Its listed under dining options as either 3-night, 4-night, or 5-night dining package.

Dining.jpg.2baf491f0f01c00acac6d1b07e610481.jpg

On the Freedom a month ago, we didn't buy a package. However, what we found was that once on the ship, they walk around and offer discounts. It seemed that it was easy for us to get 20% off wherever we wanted to dine. We took advantage of the discounts once on the ship.

Its listed under dining options as either 3-night, 4-night, or 5-night dining package.

I just checked, and didn't see it under there. I'm still 178 days out on the Allure, so maybe in the future it will open.

Just weird the banner is up.

Thanks

I just checked, and didn't see it under there. I'm still 178 days out on the Allure, so maybe in the future it will open.

Just weird the banner is up.

Thanks

That was originally the case with my anthem cruise. (And dining had been open to book for awhile)-- but within a week or so, the packages were listed for sale in the dining sales area.

That was originally the case with my anthem cruise. (And dining had been open to book for awhile)-- but within a week or so, the packages were listed for sale in the dining sales area.

Just talked to rccl and was told it will open at 90 days out.

I'm more concerned with the new packages that you cannot reserve your times in advance. That makes me nervous!

We have 5 bookings done and paid for our Anthem cruise and got email confirmation that price difference between paid and package will be given as credit.

Edited by JezzaC