Question Re: Booking Aft Cabins

sippican

In reading some reviews of the M class on the stickies, it seems as though the corner family verandah cabins are reserved for families of five and the larger aft cabins (9164, 8174, 7121) are only for handicapped cruisers. Has anyone had expereince with booking these cabins?

If they are not an option for us, which full aft cabins are recommended (other than deck 6, lol!)?

Edited by sippican

In reading some reviews of the M class on the stickies, it seems as though the corner family verandah cabins are reserved for families of five and the larger aft cabins (9164, 8174, 7121) are only for handicapped cruisers. Has anyone had expereince with booking these cabins?

If they are not an option for us, which full aft cabins are recommended (other than deck 6, lol!)?

DH and I like the aft cabins on Deck 11 (Aqua class) on the M Class ships. The verandas are bigger (center aft cabin, believe its 1140 is the biggest).

You may be allowed to book a FV if they aren't selling well. I transferred our cabin to 9156 in June for a late Oct sailing, but it was a TA, so not families frequent those sailings.

Check out post 9 via this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

The first picture is of 1A on a solstice class, but the remainder of the pictures are of the FV.

Edited by upwarduk

The corner FOV's are initially restricted to 4 or more in cabin. Once everything settles, and the cruise date gets closer, anyone may book those cabins. You just need to keep an eye out! They are definitely an option for you.

DH and I like the aft cabins on Deck 11 (Aqua class) on the M Class ships. The verandas are bigger (center aft cabin, believe its 1140 is the biggest).

We hadn't really considered Aqua Class. We're traveling with a few other families and don't think we'd use the amenities fully. I didn't know those balconies were larger, but will check into it.

We're going to be in 8170 on the Infinity in January and it should have a bigger balconey. Have you looked for pictures on the cabin board?

Thanks. Yes, we have some great aft photos labeled with cabin numbers. 8170 appears to have the same sized balcony as the other aft cabins, with the exception of the ones I mentioned above.

Edited by sippican

You might notice that the sidewalls around the balcony on the aft corner cabins are solid. The other aft non-corner balconies have glass/transparent walls. in other words, on the balconies with the glass you can lay back and look out at the wake/ocean but not in the corner cabin balconies. That may not make any difference to you but it does to us.

I also love these cabins and have sailed in1138, 1140, and 1141. These tend to book up very far in advance, but if you check right after final payment, sometimes they have been cancelled in are available.

You may be allowed to book a FV if they aren't selling well. I transferred our cabin to 9156 in June for a late Oct sailing, but it was a TA, so not families frequent those sailings.

Check out post 9 via this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

The first picture is of 1A on a solstice class, but the remainder of the pictures are of the FV.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We've been in the Aft C1s on M-Class ships a couple of times. The corners are FV (for families of 5, sometimes 4, or even less if they're not selling), and I believe one of the C1s on each deck will be an accessible cabin (we had one beside us one time and it was wider), but otherwise the rest are regular C1s that can be booked by anyone.

You might notice that the sidewalls around the balcony on the aft corner cabins are solid. The other aft non-corner balconies have glass/transparent walls. in other words, on the balconies with the glass you can lay back and look out at the wake/ocean but not in the corner cabin balconies. That may not make any difference to you but it does to us.

Excellent information. I hadn't noticed, but see that now in my photos. It is an important consideration for us as that view of the wake is one of the main reasons we love aft cabins.

This photo is the view from one of the Deck 8 aft cabins, I think Cabin 8170 or 8172.

View%20from%20Summit%208176_zpszxqtitqe.jpg