Enchantment Make Coco Cay Yesterday?

Does anyone know if the Enchantment made it to Coco Cay yesterday? My friend and her husband are on-board as first time cruisers and I recommended EOTS because of it's short hop and CoCo Cay specifically, so I really hope they got to tether there. Thanks!

According to marinetravel no, she arrived in Nassau already yesterday.

Can not speak for the previous trip, but we made it there on Sunday the 22nd. Very windy though. They cut the visit short due to increasing winds. We were on the last full tender around 3:30. Had a cabana, highly recommended.

We were on this cruise and due to high seas we were unable to go to Cocoa Cay. The ship could not be held steady enough to load passengers onto the tenders and also the seas were so high it would not be safe on the tenders. The problem is the crew was unprepared for this event and simply expected everyone to spend the day at the pool on Deck 9. There were not enough chairs or lounges for everyone on board. Even though there were signs all over about not saving chairs or lounges the large groups did save them which meant many could not find a place to sit.

Besides I don't do well in high seas and could not spend my day on Deck 9 without getting sick so I spent the day on Deck 4 Lounge or in our cabin.

We were told that Enchantment has not been able to go to Cocoa Cay in 3 weeks so you would think the staff would be prepared for this event; however, they were not. Besides we were still in our cabin when the original announcement was made and it was only made once. We heard about it by word of mouth from another passenger when they heard us telling our grandchildren that they could go in the ocean as soon as we went on the Island.

Having recently taken a cruise on Princess we were very disappointed in the level of service on RC. We will not be taking another RC cruise. However, we are already planning our next cruise on Princess.

We were told that Enchantment has not been able to go to Cocoa Cay in 3 weeks so you would think the staff would be prepared for this event; however, they were not.

Stopped there on EN Nov 19 an 22. Missed it on Nov 17 and ship was totally prepared with new compass distributed within an hour of decision to abort. Substituted the sea day with stop at Coco.

my experience has been that when EOS misses Coco cay, it has overnighted in Nassau, at leas the 2 times I missed Coco cay it did.

Now I didn't mind that as I enjoyed partying the evening away in Nassau, but I know for most this is not the case.

Would be nice though if RCI could invest in a dock somehow for there.

We were on this cruise and due to high seas we were unable to go to Cocoa Cay. The ship could not be held steady enough to load passengers onto the tenders and also the seas were so high it would not be safe on the tenders. The problem is the crew was unprepared for this event and simply expected everyone to spend the day at the pool on Deck 9. There were not enough chairs or lounges for everyone on board. Even though there were signs all over about not saving chairs or lounges the large groups did save them which meant many could not find a place to sit.

Besides I don't do well in high seas and could not spend my day on Deck 9 without getting sick so I spent the day on Deck 4 Lounge or in our cabin.

We were told that Enchantment has not been able to go to Cocoa Cay in 3 weeks so you would think the staff would be prepared for this event; however, they were not. Besides we were still in our cabin when the original announcement was made and it was only made once. We heard about it by word of mouth from another passenger when they heard us telling our grandchildren that they could go in the ocean as soon as we went on the Island.

Having recently taken a cruise on Princess we were very disappointed in the level of service on RC. We will not be taking another RC cruise. However, we are already planning our next cruise on Princess.

I have been on Enchantment and NCL and have missed private islands on both. They both handled the situation exactly the same way. One announcement and a revised program within an hour. They had this planned out. This year the hit/miss rate is about 50%. If you were on Princess, the odds would have been the same.

The ships you are talking about are smaller ships, and deck space on sea days are always an issue.

Enchantment usually docks overnight in Nassau when they miss the island. Last weekend, they "parked" next to my ship in the afternoon. Didn't they do this on your trip?

Was on Enchantment Nov 27-30. We did miss CocoCay. We were at Nassau day prior. Winds were very high coming out of Port Canaveral to Nassau. Witnessed someone accidentally vomiting on another passenger's head in the dining room as they tried to make their escape with seasickness. Winds were causing a lot of motion on the ship. We departed Nassau and as the winds had died down a bit and attempted a stop at Cococay. They did not make a decision until that morning to cancel Cococay. It was disappointing but understandable when you saw the waves. We had a sea day--the captain took the ship out to calmer waters and the water was like glass for the next 12 hours.

When we missed our scheduled day at CocoCay, the NCL and Princess ships also missed their scheduled stops at their private islands as well. None of us could get into Nassau a day early so instead we cruised around in circles all day long. It was actually quit comical.

The first person I introduce myself to on any cruise is a pool attendant. If I see a group of chairs go unused for an hour, I'll track the PA down and he will remove the towels.

Also hit Coco Cay on the MJ on the 10/30 and 11/20 cruises with perfectly calm waters. So far I haven't missed a Coco Cay stop once but I always assume I won't get to visit because it is common for weather to prevent tendering.

I wouldn't call foul on RCCL for having a crowded pool deck. Funny how some customers will complain about not using the pool because of seasickness but blame it on overcrowding. Lol.

I took a picture of MJ at Coco Cay on the 21st. On our way to Nassau.

Enchantment usually docks overnight in Nassau when they miss the island. Last weekend, they "parked" next to my ship in the afternoon. Didn't they do this on your trip?

No they did not. The passengers who were up and on deck at 8am heard an announcement that due to high seas we would be having a sea day. The rest of us got it word of mouth.

Oh yes and the "compass" did not come out until almost noon.

Had we not been on Princess so recently we probably would not have noticed the inefficiencies as much. RC is just not quite as organized or efficient. Our next cruise will be back on Princess. We will have to go down to Ft. Lauderdale but that is no big deal as we can spend a night with our daughter.

Edited by flhusker