Concierge, Aqua, or Deluxe Veranda?

malony33

I'll be taking a cruise on the Silhouette later in 2016, so now I'm researching, asking fellow cruisers like you, and mulling over the $$ involved for the higher grade cabins and what I'll get for spending more. I would be grateful for any info, input, commentary, opinion, yada yada, about this. Some specific questions:

In a concierge cabin, if I want to eat dinner in my cabin, can I order from the same menu in the MDR that evening? How much is the room service menu expanded at that cabin cat.?

Would I get a little preference when it comes to booking specialty restaurants and excursions or anything else if I book the concierge cabin?

What is the cost of a spa pass for a 7 night cruise? (the answer might negate an Aqua cabin)

ANYTHING you know about these cabin levels would help. Is the experience of the Concierge cabin "special" enough to pay the extra $$?

Many thanks!

I'll be taking a cruise on the Silhouette later in 2016, so now I'm researching, asking fellow cruisers like you, and mulling over the $$ involved for the higher grade cabins and what I'll get for spending more. I would be grateful for any info, input, commentary, opinion, yada yada, about this. Some specific questions:

In a concierge cabin, if I want to eat dinner in my cabin, can I order from the same menu in the MDR that evening? How much is the room service menu expanded at that cabin cat.?

Would I get a little preference when it comes to booking specialty restaurants and excursions or anything else if I book the concierge cabin?

What is the cost of a spa pass for a 7 night cruise? (the answer might negate an Aqua cabin)

ANYTHING you know about these cabin levels would help. Is the experience of the Concierge cabin "special" enough to pay the extra $$?

Many thanks!

Have not cruised Aqua but have booked Concierge class. The advantages so far as I can tell are: footstools on S-class ships, bottle of cheap sparkling wine (if you like it--I don't), extra points towards Captain Club status, and better cabin location.

They will bring you some not-so-appealing (IMO) teensy open faced sandwiches each late afternoon unless you're like me and tell them not to. They will give you some fresh fruit in your cabin, though you can get that in the buffet if you care about that. They used to have a fresh flower in a vase in your cabin though I read that is no longer the case. "Concierge Lounge" while waiting to disembark...still kind of grim (the other lines I've sailed do a much better job on disembark morning than Celebrity does of making it a pleasant process.)

The other advertised benefits really don't exist so far as I can tell. Priority boarding/dining times/tender tickets? Half the ship is "priority". Pillow menu? You might find it somewhere in your cabin but I believe no matter what cabin you're in you can get different pillows if you don't like the ones you have.

Am I forgetting anything?

I mostly agree with the sentiments above about the Concierge Cabins. Another small perk is room service has no charge and a slightly expanded breakfast room service menu. You're really paying for a premium location and a few minor perks. I can't comment on AQ.

We have sailed in all of the above mentioned categories you are considering on S class ships. In my opinion, Aqua class offered only two upgraded features that were of value. The first would be the quieter somewhat more intimate dining experience in Blu. The second is the fancier shower fixtures. Neither of these features were so outstanding that we would choose to spend the extra money to book Aqua again.

My husband actually said he preferred the MDR wider range of food choices. Other than room location, I saw no great benefit to sailing in concierge class. As the Aqua class and concierge cabins are the same size as deluxe verandahs I would suggest you book a deluxe verandah and splurge on a couple of specialty restaurant dinners with the money you will save. Hope that helps you to make your decision.

Having sailed in Aqua once, about the only perk that we would miss by sailing in a regular veranda cabin would be eating in Blu. The food was excellent. That being said, the price for a veranda cabin for a cruise we are looking at on the Equinox is listed as starting at $1,749. The price listed for Aqua starts at $4,399. Both prices are pp. IMO we could eat in specialty restaurants every night!

Having sailed in Aqua once, about the only perk that we would miss by sailing in a regular veranda cabin would be eating in Blu. The food was excellent. That being said, the price for a veranda cabin for a cruise we are looking at on the Equinox is listed as starting at $1,749. The price listed for Aqua starts at $4,399. Both prices are pp. IMO we could eat in specialty restaurants every night!

I don't doubt what you are saying but I have never seen a $2650 pp price difference for Aqua compared to a regular veranda cabin.

To the OP very little value IMHO to Conciegre on a S class. The cabins are the same size & have the same furniture as a standard veranda. There is no dedicated Conciegre there is one Conciegre for passengers in inside, OV , balcony & AQ. The footstools are nice, sparkling wine not good, no charge for room service in a regular veranda. For us the only value in Conciegre is 5 Captains Club points per night versus 3 for a standard veranda. If the price for Aqua is within your range I would spring for that. We enjoy the smaller, quieter dining room and feel the food is a bit better than the MDR- breakfast in Blu is great,

We booked a C3 cabin for an Eastern Caribbean cruise in Feb. 2016 while on board during our last cruise on the Silhouette in Feb. 2015. Being a Captains Club member we could upgrade to a C2 Cabin. After the 123 promotion (free classic drink package, paid gratuities, & $150 pp OBc) and extra OBC of $250 we were much better off booking a concierge cabin than a regular veranda cabin. However, if it wasn't for the extra benefits for booking on board, I don't think we would find the extra perks worth the cost for booking a concierge cabin over an A1.

On the wine in CC simply switch for a bottle of house red. TOn the older ships the CClas and Aqclas cabin are larger. Solstace class all same size. Prices vary widely and I have also seen cclass cheaper than Verandas and all three abot the same. remember prices change big time until the final payment date. If lots of cancellations then (in USA no cost to cancell before final payment) then all or some classes drop a lot. On a recent TA the Class cabins dropped $900pp in one day.

We book Concierge purely for cabin location. Having the footstools on verandah is a very nice bonus.

YMMV - there are other perks such as the room service menu, the canapes, sparkling wine, etc. It simply depends on what you value and if those perks are worth the extra price.

Thanks, everyone.

Seems wise to go with the deluxe veranda: won't eat the canapes or drink the wine, a footstool is not a perk to me, and the price diff. is $900 (I am cruising solo). I'm also getting $375 OBC's and a free drink package. So, the extra cash will cover a pass for the spa and gratuities and them some.

Did I misunderstand, or did I read bet. the lines that there's now a CHARGE for room service - say it ain't so!!!

We have sailed in all of the above mentioned categories you are considering on S class ships. In my opinion, Aqua class offered only two upgraded features that were of value. The first would be the quieter somewhat more intimate dining experience in Blu. The second is the fancier shower fixtures. Neither of these features were so outstanding that we would choose to spend the extra money to book Aqua again.

My husband actually said he preferred the MDR wider range of food choices. Other than room location, I saw no great benefit to sailing in concierge class. As the Aqua class and concierge cabins are the same size as deluxe verandahs I would suggest you book a deluxe verandah and splurge on a couple of specialty restaurant dinners with the money you will save. Hope that helps you to make your decision.

+1 Agree with the above

I would probably book higher than Aqua for benefits (but that was not the question:))

I agree ,most of the time the price difference is of $300 or more to jump classes and is not worth it. But there are deals to be found, I have seen cruises (14 days Asian cruise) where veranda and concierge are the same price ($1600), aqua was $1800 and a suite was $2000. Also a Med cruise with same deals, all cruises were less than 90 days to cruise. I have no life so I look at least weekly. There certain cruises I have never seen a deal Alaska, Baltic, Ft Lauderdale to San Diego, and South America

Honestly very few differences on board to justify the price difference.

THAT BEING SAID--we were able to get drink packages, free gratuities & $500OBC if we booked concierge...factoring those in, we are looking at $500 each for the cruise. DEAL.

I will be looking to upgrade after final payment is made. Last year we booked interiors & was able to upgrade to a sweet 16 verandah for $75pp & the children up to oceanviews for no price difference. Was able to upgrade Mom & Dad for $150pp to family verandah--SO wish we had upgraded all 3 rooms to FV. Fabuous--tons of room, love the verandah--huge, part covered, part open.

Hoping for a sunset verandah this time--I like open balconies, not covered.